1/6 SSC Captain America Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so forgive my cell phone pics please
But here we go
The good
Sturdy joints
Great design (right out of the ultimates )
Great combination of hard and soft material that works so well together
I love the sculpt (I hate the chin strap look ) the colours are bright where needed and more subtle elsewhere , which works
He certainly could have been beefier and taller but then I believe every sideshow marvel figure should have been
I love the sculpt it’s calm like he knows he is heading into some nasty S$@T but know he can handle it
You will see in my pics below I have always given my SS marvel a body swap
Anyway the not so good
The shield is crap I mean for the price the hasbro one was better , if feels cheep and thin (in the pics I have swapped the belt and shield for hot toys )
The belt kept coming off and my pouches were not symmetrical and gave it a weird look
As stated the body is to small and weak for my cap and I truly wish they had given him an unmasked head and a winged head

All in all 9/10 I love it despite my simple gripes its a well executed thought out pce
I can’t wait for more in this line and hope it goes for a great deal more

Anyway here are some pictures
Cap is accompanied by my SS marvel figures (that have been modified )
Thanks all

1A29A7A0-F998-481C-8CF8-797218B8AF37.jpgA6B32241-618E-4683-B8ED-581C5F940DC6.jpg93050D69-400D-4062-820B-AB4AD34514BB.jpg23898D87-0320-4C71-89D3-E395749E3C9C.jpg

I only have the one (the other is obviously a custom )EB8B2D47-38A4-40F9-B66B-107C7B622521.jpg7B5E5FA8-1F54-4003-869D-D8D9B4756912.jpg

Attachments

• 04847CF1-694C-48C6-8A1F-3E64A8415998.jpg
    04847CF1-694C-48C6-8A1F-3E64A8415998.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 227
Thanks for the images. It doesn't look too bad. I'd mostly be interested in adding a HT Steve head to this one. I might still get it, but i am expecting at least two more Caps to be announced from Endgame, so i am waiting for those before i make a decision.

And your custom Cap looks amazing. Whats the body you used?

Sideshow's Cap looks good. I hate the embedded wings on Cap in general though. Being a Cap fan,I have the Sideshow coming,but this is the real deal to me in Cap's look

100_8673.jpg100_8048.JPG100_8077.JPG

That SS Cap is pretty scrawny. Is that meant to be BEFORE the Super Serum? ;)

Also, any chance we could see the SS shield it comes with? And belt also?

Last edited:
I just got this guy and my initial reactions are a bit mixed. He is a bit on the skinny side, this is a little glaring when placed next to the sideshow Wolverine. I had to loosen his belt a bit to get it to sit right because it wants to ride up his torso. I am assuming the magnet on the shield came loose on mine. It was loose so I just put some glue on it and attached it to the inside of the shield. I think this might be a common problem because I saw the same thing on a video review. The positive, he is pretty poseable, he can get a pretty wide and deep stance if you are looking for something dynamic. Probably not as good as Sideshows recent Batman figure but still pretty good. Headsculpt isn’t bad and the comic accurate suit looks pretty good. I will probably post some more pics later.892CB17C-6E45-4DA3-AF62-E7CB824A80B9.jpg

I really wanted to like this figure but I'm having a hard time. $230 for this? The more Sideshow charges for these figures the more fans & collectors are going to expect. That's how it works: You usually get MORE for your money.

Lately, I feel Sideshow has been "phoning it in", just putting out bare-bones figures, with few accessories and no real improvements in facial portraits in the last three years. We saw a cartoon version of Luke Skywalker recently and now, Cap. At least Cap is meant to be a "comic inspired" version. They have been "lapped" by almost all the other 1/6 companies in terms of paint and realism; even bootleg sculpts on the internet have better paint apps than this.

Clearly, they are pricing these releases based off what the market will bear but they are charging Hot Toys prices and delivering Sideshow "quality".

For $230 this should have come with an alternate Steve Rogers portrait and much, bigger body. Also, the shield looks like it was made by Hasbro. I honestly can’t believe they are charging $230 for this and an additional $5 for an extra shield that no one wants. I remember when they had exclusives that made sense and cost the same as the regular. This hobby has gone haywire; $230 for a bare-bones figure with a cartoon head sculpt.

I’ll spend the extra $40 and get the Hot Toys Endgame Cap. THAT is a quality piece worthy of the price tag.

Last edited:
So scrawny! I just don't get it, the folks over at Sideshow are as much fans as we are so how can they greenlight this? I work in a similar business where I design home décor products, the process goes like this: concepts are discussed, designs are made, another discussion/revision process is had, approved designs are sent overseas for sampling, eventually fully realized samples come back in for approval, you look it over make adjustments and notations then send it back for revisions until you are happy with the final product before it goes to retail. How can fellow geek culture fans (the folks at SS) hold a figure like this in their hands and decide its their ideal representation of the character and then put it up for sale?

Ugh the body that SSC has developed for their figures over the years is still a problem. They can’t seem to get out of that awful buck they use for the G.I. joe line so many years ago.

I thought they were on the right track with the Batman lines, but Marvel seems to be a problem :thud:

Back