1/6 SSC Captain America Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good one, took you that long to come up with that huh? đź‘Ť

You went from "Happy collecting y'all!" to "People are bastards!" in less than 5 posts.

It's ok man. Some people like stuff, others don't. You either buy or pass, we all get that. There's no need to go in full fanboy mode, it's useless. This is a forum, people express what they feel about what they see. People rarely change their minds.

Personnaly, I wanted a classic look and i think the figure looks good (it could be a bit more beefed up since he's a super soldier, but eh), but like many others around here, i'm a bit tired of seeing Sideshow showing "barebone" figures for a high price. We're dealing with the same **** with the recent ESB Yoda. We've been trough this with all the other Marvel figures so far. The sculpts are average and we all know Sideshow's production samples don't have great paint apps. No diecast parts, no crazy stands or backdrops, nothing fancy.

I mean, they're actually putting numbers from one to ten in the promo pic, just to show how many cool stuff the figure has. Like "Knee pads" and "Relaxed hands".

37352139_10217297562335168_1704625515660312576_n.jpg

Some folks hoped that the exclusive would give them the little push they needed to PO. We played "Let's guess what the exclusive will be!!". People either expected a second (unmasked) headsculpt or a more cartoon accurate helmet with wings.

A gun, ok. A classic shield, meh. A Bucky doll??? Nope, we got ourselves a fancy "Photonic energy shield". I never saw Cap with that.

Honestly the only thing holding me off from pre-ordering this is the body, I don't want another Daredevil; great headsculpt but emaciated body.

You went from "Happy collecting y'all!" to "People are bastards!" in less than 5 posts.

It's ok man. Some people like stuff, others don't. You either buy or pass, we all get that. There's no need to go in full fanboy mode, it's useless. This is a forum, people express what they feel about what they see. People rarely change their minds.

Personnaly, I wanted a classic look and i think the figure looks good (it could be a bit more beefed up since he's a super soldier, but eh), but like many others around here, i'm a bit tired of seeing Sideshow showing "barebone" figures for a high price. We're dealing with the same **** with the recent ESB Yoda. We've been trough this with all the other Marvel figures so far. The sculpts are average and we all know Sideshow's production samples don't have great paint apps. No diecast parts, no crazy stands or backdrops, nothing fancy.

I mean, they're actually putting numbers from one to ten in the promo pic, just to show how many cool stuff the figure has. Like "Knee pads" and "Relaxed hands".

View attachment 418860

Some folks hoped that the exclusive would give them the little push they needed to PO. We played "Let's guess what the exclusive will be!!". People either expected a second (unmasked) headsculpt or a more cartoon accurate helmet with wings.

A gun, ok. A classic shield, meh. A Bucky doll??? Nope, we got ourselves a fancy "Photonic energy shield". I never saw Cap with that.

I get a lot in your post. I personally think their Wolverine figure was good. All the companies are guilty of fluffing their stuff up so we think we're getting more than we actually are.

I actually remember Cap using a similar energy shield like the exclusive one included here. I actually own some of the comics he has it in and they've also used this in an avengers cartoon as well.

My apologies if I offended anyone. Sometimes I get tired of all the crap that's going on in the world I like to enjoy a hobby that should be a fun place to forget that negative junk.

This Cap isn't for everyone but I thought it offered enough for me at least of a character I really love that I thought I'd take a chance on it. For five bucks I'll definitely take an extra shield that I am familiar with and won't lose any sleep over it.

we got ourselves a fancy "Photonic energy shield". I never saw Cap with that.

It's from the 1998 Mark Waid series that was kicked off with "Heroes Return." He temporarily lost his original shield in the ocean and went through a couple replacements including a WWII-style kite shield retrieved from a museum and then this energy shield.

736093.jpg

It's from the 1998 Mark Waid series that was kicked off with "Heroes Return." He temporarily lost his original shield in the ocean and went through a couple replacements including a WWII-style kite shield retrieved from a museum and then this energy shield.

736093.jpg

Thanks for the info. The only time i saw a shield like that was in Agents of Shield (Coulson got one). Now i guess Coulson's shield is an homage to that '98 series.

Maybe a classic shield would've been better for a classic look.

56e193f93511d-180656.jpg

It is too bad that they didn't just continue to develop the body they used for their Blue/Grey Batman. If they added some articulation (elbows particularly), I think that beefed up look would have been excellent for Cap. Like others, I'm not a fan of Deadpool as a character, but I like the SS figs so far, as I feel they all have a similar aesthetic... like the DC line, they aren't specific to a specific artist, but they are all clearly comic-derived, and look good together as a group.

They do look good together as a whole. So far I think Ghost Rider is the best of the bunch
I prefer Wolverine. But Ghost Rider did not come bad, except for the loose hips

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

Looks good. I’ll probably just put on a Chris Evans head or helmeted sculpt anyway.
But I will wait for it to release to get it. The clear shield doesn’t matter to me at all but will be handy to have.

I gave up on this and the DC line a long time ago. I was hoping this figure would change my mind, since Cap is one of my favorite super heroes. But this, at this price is a joke. I hate their "interpretation" and their disproportionate bodies. Might be the pics, but this one looks like the neck is too long, the chest is too thin and as always the head is too big.

He needs to be bigger. If he were on a bulkier body he'd really stand out but right now it looks like Steve Rogers pre-serum doing a fitting test.

Back