SSC Boba Fett White Screen Test/Prototype Armor Sixth Scale Figure!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got married this Sunday and have a little extra fun money, and decided to get myself a new sideshow figure, it came down to either this exclusive Fett, or phase one echo and fives, anyone who have both prefer I've over the other? I know echo and fives just came out, and I'm not sure how much longer the exclusive Fett will be in stock

The Fett is a "Limited Edition" as in they are making quite a few of him and I would bet you have some time before you need to worry about him selling out. Also, the ARC version of Echo and Fives is coming up for PO this coming Thursday.

My Fett should be Finally flying in soon , cant wait to see a Mcquarrie version later on and have another white fett to match. My Mandalorian clan is slowly growing after Jango next year. 1 shelf just for the fett's / Mandalorians Sweeeeeeeeet!:yess:

My Fett should be Finally flying in soon , cant wait to see a Mcquarrie version later on and have another white fett to match. My Mandalorian clan is slowly growing after Jango next year. 1 shelf just for the fett's / Mandalorians Sweeeeeeeeet!:yess:
My entire collection minus the Vader 1/6th b and Mythos is all Fett/Mandalorian, and I'm really excited to see the new Supertrooper Fett and Jango, as well as the jaw dropping new PF.

The Fett is a "Limited Edition" as in they are making quite a few of him and I would bet you have some time before you need to worry about him selling out. Also, the ARC version of Echo and Fives is coming up for PO this coming Thursday.
After some consideration, and the fact that it has been out for a while compared to ARC Echo and fives (Who I will be pre-ordering) and the Phase 1, which came out last month, I've decided to nab the EX Proto-Fett while he's still available

I haven't bought a SSC brand 1/6 toy in forever. I lost my taste years back, before the newer armored bodies etc. I had a coupon code and free shipping and live the concept art of Star Wars so I went for this. I am so damned impressed! I dig HT stuff a lot, but this thing has pushed me back full in for SSC stuff. It's so well done and looks and feels killer in hand. I can't wait for more, damn!

My only complaint beside's the cape's crappy hook was having to dig out the black holster belt that was baried under all the armor that and wish came with the 1st boba's light up stand, Other then that a great fett.

I haven't bought a SSC brand 1/6 toy in forever. I lost my taste years back, before the newer armored bodies etc. I had a coupon code and free shipping and live the concept art of Star Wars so I went for this. I am so damned impressed! I dig HT stuff a lot, but this thing has pushed me back full in for SSC stuff. It's so well done and looks and feels killer in hand. I can't wait for more, damn!

I don't think this counts as a "trooper" release, but SS has definitely nailed their armored figures. Glad you like him!

He's armored, based on OT concept art and awesome. I don't care if he's technically a trooper. Can't wait for the Scout and TIE troopers. Hope they do an ATAT driver too.

Boba Fett Prototype Armor - Questions about what I received

Hi everyone,

New to this forum, and very happy I found it. I started toy collecting seriously again, and was recently able to order my first Sideshow 1/6 figure - the Boba Fett w/ Prototype Armor. I've been obsessed with the look of this Boba Fett for a while now, so I was very excited to get the 1/6 version.

I use eBay a lot for purchasing hard-to-find vintage figures, and I noticed a seller selling brand new Prototype Fett's for $5 cheaper than Sideshow, w/ free shipping ($174.99). The seller's rating is 100% with over 10,000 reviews, and they specialize in selling toys. I also checked a seller review on the purchase of one of these Fett's and it was very positive. So I said "What the heck, let's do it."

The figure came in the mail a few days ago, and very well packaged. I received the generic version with the black stand, which is fine. But, I noticed some issues:

- one of the front pockets has yellow stains around the flap. It looks like dried glue. Has anyone else seen this with their Prototype Fett's, and is this common?
- the detachable hand in the upper left of the packaging used for firing the weapons had a dark gray, triangular streak on it. It looks cool, but I haven't seen this design in other pictures.

If anyone could let me know if these issues are common with this figure it would be very appreciated. I've attached some images of what the potential issues I talked about above. (Note: I can't get the yellow stains to come out very well in pictures, so they aren't easy to see below.)

Thank you

Attachments

• photo 4 (640x479) (320x240).jpg
    photo 4 (640x479) (320x240).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 434
  • photo 5 (800x600).jpg
    photo 5 (800x600).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 422
  • photo 1 (480x640) (240x320).jpg
    photo 1 (480x640) (240x320).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 418
Re: Boba Fett Prototype Armor - Questions about what I received

Everyone knows that the front pockets are where Fett keeps his leg bags so he doesn't have to stop and pee. He's focused, that's why he's so good. Don't ask what fuels the jetpack.....

It's possible you received the regular version of this figure.

Also, search is your friend, there is an entire thread dedicated to this figure.

Sorry, I don't have this one so I can't comment on the triangle on the hand or the yellow pocket. The triangle on the hand is most likely supposed to be weathering paint, but just applied sloppily. Not sure about the yellow.

The white stand that you've seen is for the exclusive version of the figure, which also comes with a beach towel design that they used as a place holder for the cape when they were developing the costume in 1978. So you probably just have the regular version that I suppose comes with the black base instead on the exclusive version that comes with the white base and beach towel cape.

Anyone who has the figure care to chime in?

It's possible you received the regular version of this figure.

Also, search is your friend, there is an entire thread dedicated to this figure.

Hi slynger, understood on the existing thread, although I wasn't sure if it was the right spot to post this. That thread seemed to be more focused on speculation before it came out, and then reviewing the figure when it came out, so I wasn't sure if "issue" posts were welcome or not.

Another thing is that everyone I read that reviewed the figure had no complaints, but I haven't gone through every page of the thread yet. I'll try looking through that thread more.

Going through the main Prototype thread, I saw some posts about the generic version of this figure if not ordered directly from Sideshow, so that's what I have. So, most likely this isn't a repackaging or a counterfeit by any means. This just leaves the dark triangular streak on the trigger hand, and the yellow stains around the pocket lining.

If the yellow stains I'm seeing are dried glue, is there an easy way to remove it from the figure?

Got the exclusive version for my birthday.Nice figure,especially the towel.My wife is great...PS

Back