SSC Beachhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Beach Head Teaser/Preview

Can we get him after Stalker, Doc, Scarlett, Rock n Roll, Short Fuze, Flash, Breaker, Wild Bill, Barbecue, Spirit, and Snow Job?

Can we get him after Stalker, Doc, Scarlett, Rock n Roll, Short Fuze, Flash, Breaker, Wild Bill, Barbecue, Spirit, and Snow Job?

NO!!!

biglob_stand2009_explo_600p-200x300.jpg

Big Lob First!

Speaking of Stalker, I wonder what style we would get. I'd love a 82/83 version, but think we would get one like the 91 Talker, which would be ok.

stalker3.jpg

This custom is decent.
291289939_f2a83ea156.jpg

When I woke up this evening and clicked on SS to place my order and saw the $130 price tag and the sculpt for the exc. head I figured there would be nothing but whinning and crying in this thread, glad to see I was wrong.

I love the sculpt, the expression is perfect for a DI. Sideshow pretty much never offers such extreme sculpts, very cool they did one here.

And he is loaded with so much stuff. Looks like he is on the bigger pro body too :rock

110% homerun!!!! For me, best Joe figure yet. And far and away Sideshow best line.

And to think its only been one year since I got Snake Eyes and just look how much awesomeness we have gotten and still have coming :rock

Short of Hawk/General Hawk . . . Duke, Flint, & Beachhead pretty much represents the GI JOE order of command? I wonder though if Sideshow may directly or indirectly following a "pattern"? For example . . . the women of GI JOE is basically (for the most part) Scarlett, Lady Jaye, and The Baroness (representing COBRA)? I wonder if and when Sideshow gets around to producing the women of GI JOE if it'll be in this order? Or maybe the COBRA order of command (i.e. COBRA Commander, Destro, & The Baroness or maybe Major Blood?)

Personally . . . I think Beachhead could very well be the first figure where there is almost a universal acknowledgment/agreement (so far) of the figure's awesomeness/coolness/worthwhileness compared to the previous releases.

I mean . . . no one so far is really complaining/whining about it compared to . . . say . . . Firefly?

:rotfl

Man, I just ordered the EX BH, but before I posted here all that ran through my head was the same as everybody else: Popeye and Munchkins. That Popeye mock-up was outstanding.

In all seriousness I knew a DI when I was in the Army who looked a lot like that portrait. Kinda creepy, actually.

Amazing gear though. I'm floored. Totally worth it and then some. Way to go SS!

Short of Hawk/General Hawk . . . Duke, Flint, & Beachhead pretty much represents the GI JOE order of command? I wonder though if Sideshow may directly or indirectly following a "pattern"? For example . . . the women of GI JOE is basically (for the most part) Scarlett, Lady Jaye, and The Baroness (representing COBRA)? I wonder if and when Sideshow gets around to producing the women of GI JOE if it'll be in this order? Or maybe the COBRA order of command (i.e. COBRA Commander, Destro, & The Baroness or maybe Major Blood?)

Personally . . . I think Beachhead could very well be the first figure where there is almost a universal acknowledgment/agreement (so far) of the figure's awesomeness/coolness/worthwhileness compared to the previous releases.

I mean . . . no one so far is really complaining/whining about it compared to . . . say . . . Firefly?

Save the cheap posts, there've only been four figures people took issue with. The first being Snake Eyes because the Pro just didn't cut it for him and his skin tight shirt. But once KD discovered the ST-1 body, we were all happy with him. Second was CCC for obvious reasons. Third was the Sniper, but that was merely those who picked up the CCC bashing us for approving of the Sniper, and Firefly for obvious reasons (cool figure, just... not Firefly). Cobra Commander was awesome (save the euro-trash trench but Drizzle saved us from that), Storm Shadow was awesome as well and we all love the Trooper and Officer. All in all, that's not a bad run so far.

When I woke up this evening and clicked on SS to place my order and saw the $130 price tag and the sculpt for the exc. head I figured there would be nothing but whinning and crying in this thread, glad to see I was wrong.

I love the sculpt, the expression is perfect for a DI. Sideshow pretty much never offers such extreme sculpts, very cool they did one here.

And he is loaded with so much stuff. Looks like he is on the bigger pro body too :rock

110% homerun!!!! For me, best Joe figure yet. And far and away Sideshow best line.

And to think its only been one year since I got Snake Eyes and just look how much awesomeness we have gotten and still have coming :rock

So many words. :sleep

In the backstage video there was mention on the original 3 3/4 BH having a beret on his shoulder. I had to go dig mine out and look. Sure enough there it was. 20 some odd years and I never noticed that detail. Amazing.

Is anyone not in love with Duke? He is not even one of my favorite characters but damn if the SS figure isn't amazing amounts of awesome. No question though, Beachead owns.

Revealing Cobra Commander's face is going a bit far.

They won't/can't. Sideshow actually made an additional, non-masked sculpt for the Snake Eyes figure, but Hasbro shot that idea down. They'd surely do the same for the Commander. Beachhead isn't as iconic & mysterious, so I'm guessing that's how they were able to pull it off this time. Same with Storm Shadow, who was seen unmasked a lot in the original comics.

That said, THIS FIGURE ROCKS!!! :rock :rock :rock Probably the best in the line, so far.

Last edited:

By the way, this is what Hasbro thinks Beachhead looks like unmasked:

beachhead11-2.jpg

I like Sideshow's look much more!

That's true, 'Munch, and before that one
came out, Hasbro released this 12" version
with a removable mask. In fact, it was the
very first time I recall ever seeing him
unmasked in figure form. (picture below)

The Sideshow version looks kind of goofy
to me, but I'll hold off on what I really think
until I see it in person. Extreme sculpts are
cool to me and it's not that, I just don't see
Beachhead in any of the sculpts we've
mentioned. I'm not sure what it is, but
none of them seem to represent what he
seemed like he'd look like under the mask
from the cartoon. I can't put it into words,
but sometimes masked characters should
stay masked. That said, an unmasked head
ANYTIME rocks! :D