SSC Beachhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Beach Head Teaser/Preview

Speaking of Stalker, I wonder what style we would get. I'd love a 82/83 version, but think we would get one like the 91 Talker, which would be ok.

stalker3.jpg

This custom is decent.
291289939_f2a83ea156.jpg

:mad::mad::mad::mad: I'd be furious if we got that 91 version over the 82....

This one:
stalker82.jpg

And a great EX would be a second sweater with the red collar...

255px-RAH_Stalker02.jpg

Of course in 91 I was more interested in playing football and wrestling than GI Joe, so my collecting habits follow what I had when I was a kid... I remember getting Stalker and the RAM at the same time way back when.... :monkey2

Last edited:

Of course, that is comparing the worst figure in the SW line with probably the best in the JOE line. :lol

I know, I couldn't resist. I'm sure SSC will blow us away with the upcoming Cody, Gamorrean Guard, and General Grievous figures.

And EVILFACE I'm also surprised that you'd be okay with the 1991 Stalker. 1982 or fail, IMO.

Last edited:

Wow! I don't even collect this line (yet? :monkey4), but Beachhead is an absolute home run! I even love the exclusive head. SUCH character in the sculpt. I tend to think that head perfectly captures his expression while watching this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs74G3xbg-s

to be fair to SW there's only so much you can do to an existing design.

SSC just needs to be more willing to pick from the cooler design characters. Episode I is stacked with really cool costumes, the Nemodians, the Naboo soldiers, etc, if only they would start doing some of them.

I couldn't disagree more, for the past year SSC has been right on the money with their character choices. Episode I can sit this one out, TPM Obi-Wan is the only one who I'd want since they already made a kickass Qui-Gon.

I couldn't disagree more, for the past year SSC has been right on the money with their character choices. Episode I can sit this one out, TPM Obi-Wan is the only one who I'd want since they already made a kickass Qui-Gon.

I want TPM Obi-Wan, Nute Gunray, and Theed Invasion Amidala. That's it.

I know, I couldn't resist. I'm sure SSC will blow us away with the upcoming Cody, Gamorrean Guard, and General Grievous figures.

And EVILFACE I'm also surprised that you'd be okay with the 1991 Stalker. 1982 or fail, IMO.

Oh I prefer the 82 version, I'm just not sure if SS is going to give us any of the early Joes in those uniforms, even though I think they are a must. The 91 looks like something they would lean towards.

There are still so many possibilities with this line! I feel like I'm reliving 5th grade all over again (only with more expensive toys).
My wife asked me one time why I love collecting 1/6 figs so much (she usually buys them for me as milestone gifts and sacrificed our 4th bedroom as a collectible room). So one year for Christmas, I bought her an original Strawberry Shortcake from the '80's. Of all the gifts I've ever bought for that woman, this one made her cry. She said holding it in her hand reminded her of being a little girl. Just wanted to share that story and why this hobby is such a passion for me. BTW, 82 Stalker or bust.

What do you guys think of the camo pattern on the pants? What style is that with the little squares? The boots look dope from what I can see, too.

Well it's simply the old woodland camo. The little faint squares I think you are referring to are there to replicate the texture of the water-resistant material (I might be wrong on that point, please correct me if I am someone).

I may be a little biased on the Star Wars line. But I don't think that Sideshow is doing a bad job on that line in the least. The company has made big improvements since the line started. And they are a great deal more creatively restricted, not only because of the likenesses, but because many of the Star Wars costumes are are much simpler in design. Sideshow has a miriad of choices of modern war equipment to choose from for building these characters. Hell, I like them as much just for their cool modern military aspect as I do for them being recognizable characters.

Also, on the issue of likenesses...I am guessing that it is a lot easier to do a more animation style likeness that has some room for interpretation than it is to nail an actor's likeness perfectly from every angle. Has anybody noticed how near perfect Clone Wars Anakin's likeness is compared to the Hayden Christiansen sculpts. This is one of the reasons why I do not prefer the sculpts to look like the actors.

Now, that being said, I certainly would like to see a sculpt on a Star Wars character, maybe an angry Han solo or even better, a non-descript Rebel Trooper (Snow Trooper?) with an exclusive sculpt of the portrait shouting orders over the din of battle that punches you in the face with character like Beachhead's does.

And another note:

This freakin' Joe line rocks!

Well it's simply the old woodland camo. The little faint squares I think you are referring to are there to replicate the texture of the water-resistant material (I might be wrong on that point, please correct me if I am someone).

Yeah, those pants are the old light weight summer woodland style. The little squares were the "ripstop" material. It was suppose to keep tears in the material from spreading. in my experience it just caused tears to follow the grid and produce "L" shaped holes.

And wouldn't Ripstop be a great Joe codename......

Hmm. I didn't think it was to replicate texture. I just thought there was an actual camo pattern that has that grid pattern in there.

It looks pretty cool whatever its for.

Edit...thanks buddygus for the info too. it makes sense. i bet it was more attractive when the troops had to maintain their own uniforms to sew along the seams instead of a random stitch somewhere.

Funny, so many people mentioning that they had a Drill Instructor / Sergeant that looked like the sculpt. I had one as well in my Company at PI.

I think that DI's spend hours in front of a mirror perfecting that look....

You're more correct than they'll ever admit. :lol

Is it me, or does he remind anyone else as Jim Carrey's "Fire Marshall Bill" character..?
cmhjc6.jpg

Maybe you're projecting your strong sexual attraction to Fire Marshall Bill onto poor Beachhead.

Ordered my ex last night. This line is so powerful, I will be clearing out some of my other collections to make room.

I actually had a long hard look at my SW collection last night thinking the same thing. Sooooooo much space would be saved. :lol

What do you guys think of the camo pattern on the pants? What style is that with the little squares? The boots look dope from what I can see, too.

You are wrong. It's called ripstop. ;)

:lecture:lecture:lecture While the look for the HoF Stalker is unique, that's exactly what I'd be reminded of. I'd prefer the OG version as well.

:lol It does a bit. Keep rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin' . . . ya bunch a tittybabies!

To quote Jesse James, "Pay up sucka!"

I may be a little biased on the Star Wars line. But I don't think that Sideshow is doing a bad job on that line in the least. The company has made big improvements since the line started.

Indeed, the SW line is a solid one overall. More hits than misses, for the most part. But it has nothing on this JOE line. Pretty much every figure has been an amazing 1:6 piece... even the scrawny Snake Eyes and Imposter Firefly. There has yet to be a dud in this line (I'm not counting Crimson Cobra Commander, 'cause he was just a dumb con exclusive variant).

Is beachhead on the same body as Duke and Flint? He looks bigger but that could just be because of the crazy amount of gear he has.

Back