SSC Beachhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Beach Head Teaser/Preview

They won't/can't. Sideshow actually made an additional, non-masked sculpt for the Snake Eyes figure, but Hasbro shot that idea down. They'd surely do the same for the Commander. Beachhead isn't as iconic & mysterious, so I'm guessing that's how they were able to pull it off this time. Same with Storm Shadow, who was seen unmasked a lot in the original comics.

I'm glad they're taking the liberty of inventing faces. They're giving them insane amounts of character. This line has become a lot like The Dead in that regard.

Idk, I like it. Do all the Joes have to look like male models? That says more about the collector if that is their expectation. Loving the horseshoe buzz cut!

I do too. He looks like a real world soldier and not some movie soldier who walked off the fashion runway to dress up in a military uniform. :D

I gotta say, even though I got out of this line, and I never cared one way or the other about Beach Head....

This release just about made me change my mind and jump back on the G.I. Joe wagon. He looks AMAZING, and everyone will look great together, which is so important.

I'm glad they're taking the liberty of inventing faces. They're giving them insane amounts of character. This line has become a lot like The Dead in that regard.

I can see where you're coming from, and I agree that SS is really having fun with this line by making all these figures and having their interpretations of each. Since I'm just an average Joe collector and not a die-hard fan like most of you guys I just want the version that I remember from the cartoons. I'm just now getting around to reading some of the comics so I doubt I'll ever see most of the character versions that you guys are mentioning. I'm just really happy SS is catering to all Joe fans. :rock

The unmasked head is growing on me a bit as time goes on. However, just like Storm Shadow, there is absolutely zero chance of me displaying Beachhead without his green balaclava, so I've got no reason to pay the extra cost for the Ex.
Duke1.jpg
SE5.jpg
flint.jpg
BH1.jpg
Now that is a thing of ____ing beauty. Can't wait to have these 4 in hand. Yo Joe!

i knew this figure would be more expensive based on the new base price Flint set, but I like that ex head enough I took the bait, hook, line and sinker! :lol

I did note the ex price difference is $10 instead of normal $5, but I can sorta understand since you get the head plus a hard beret.

edit, actually I'm surprised to see the reg price for both Flint and Beachhead are the same price...interesting!

Last edited:

What do you guys think of the camo pattern on the pants? What style is that with the little squares? The boots look dope from what I can see, too.

They look phenomenal.
I'm nervous about when they start bringing the ladies in. These are hard men, and the women have to be just as fierce.

This line blows the others out of the water, BH looks incredible. Now that I look at my SW collection, they look so blahzay in comparison to these.

The ladies need to be sexy and bad ass at the same time. I don't want Scarlett looking militant butch.

rooted hair from some companies don't look too bad, but SSC never was one of those companies. :lol

Luckily a few of the ladies have pretty short hair or a ponytail which will look ok sculpted.

Not sure how the Baroness would look with sculpted hair.

Rooted hair crosses the line into Barbie territory for me. We all have some line somewhere distinguishing things you can and want to collect, and things you don't and can't collect. Rooted hair is on the other side of my line.

When I woke up this evening and clicked on SS to place my order and saw the $130 price tag and the sculpt for the exc. head I figured there would be nothing but whinning and crying in this thread, glad to see I was wrong.

I preordered when it went up but couldn't check the forums until much later due to us having company over. I expected a ton of bellyaching over the exclusive headsculpt but was quite surprised as well. Here's the rare example where everything SSC did either honored or enhanced the character.

to be fair to SW there's only so much you can do to an existing design.

SSC just needs to be more willing to pick from the cooler design characters. Episode I is stacked with really cool costumes, the Nemodians, the Naboo soldiers, etc, if only they would start doing some of them.

to be fair to SW there's only so much you can do to an existing design.

SSC just needs to be more willing to pick from the cooler design characters. Episode I is stacked with really cool costumes, the Nemodians, the Naboo soldiers, etc, if only they would start doing some of them.

:lecture QFT. I guarantee their hands are tied with taking liberties to enhance the character design. I hope they can give us a couple more 1/6 SW figures that are home runs.

Back