SSC Beachhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked the paint apps on mine very closely due to the posted issues. I must have gotten lucky. I have no isues with the very minor paint imperfections on my copy.

But in checking them I did notice that they went for the same expression under the balaclava as they have on the bare portrait.

I'll think twice about paying extra for a non-essential exclusive in the future if they're not going to hold it to the same quality standards as the rest of the figure.

I turned off all of the lights and put him in a patch of sun. I am working on the lighting for my pictures. The light in my office sucks and the lighting in my house is worse.

But ya gotta love the Prometheus mannequins. I did not think I would be able to get a goo pose with the crossbow.

DSC08775.jpg

You're right. This is more something you would expect from some knock-off toy at the dollar store.

Exactly. Not something you'd expect to find on a $130 high-end collectible. :monkey1

I turned off all of the lights and put him in a patch of sun. I am working on the lighting for my pictures. The light in my office sucks and the lighting in my house is worse.

But ya gotta love the Prometheus mannequins. I did not think I would be able to get a goo pose with the crossbow.

DSC08775.jpg

Paint apps here look sharp and the hair doesn't look like a dollup of poop. Great pic DC! And dare I say, you've made up for Flint with this! :rock:rock:rock

Exactly. Not something you'd expect to find on a $130 high-end collectible. :monkey1

Paint apps here look sharp and the hair doesn't look like a dollup of poop. Great pic DC! And dare I say, you've made up for Flint with this! :rock:rock:rock

Thanks! I did a few practice shots (like 20 of them) before I decided to post one. I mentioned earlier that I didn't think the hair looked as bad as some thought (but that could also be my copy of the figure and not just the pics). I am glad that came through on the shot.

I should add...I am EXTREMELY happy with the figure! Including BOTH head sculpts!

Nam, you mentioned before about how nice it is to have the rip-stop pattern show through on his trousers. In-hand, it definitely exudes a rip-stop, poplin-esque vibe.

very nice pic, dc!

dumb-dumber.jpg

"Lloyd, just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this and...totally redeem yourself!!"

Great shot DC! :clap :yess:

LOL...thanks, y'all.

I also really like the design of Beachhead's knife. I am not a big knife guy. But I wonder if this is based on an actual design. I wouldn't mind having one like it (if I could find it in solid black). I have to heat and close Beachhead's left hand a little so that he holds it better, though.

Easily Sideshows best production paints ever on a 1/6 sculpt. Bottom lip is a little overdone, and the edges of the hair are to clean, but everything else is top notch!

SDC14633.jpg

SDC14631.jpg

SDC14629.jpg

SDC14630.jpg

Thanks KD! I am going to sneak in another.

DSC08778-1.jpg

Edit - Great shots KD...I agree with you on the paint apps. not perfect...but awesome!

I also really like the design of Beachhead's knife. I am not a big knife guy. But I wonder if this is based on an actual design. I wouldn't mind having one like it (if I could find it in solid black). I have to heat and close Beachhead's left hand a little so that he holds it better, though.

Gotta say that's the first thing I noticed when Beachhead's pics went up. He doesn't have the same combat knife that they gave Snake Eyes and Firefly. Looks like a bone handled Buck Knife he would have used hunting in Alabama (I'm going from memory here, so I may be wrong; his file card said he was from Alabama, right?)

Easily Sideshows best production paints ever on a 1/6 sculpt. Bottom lip is a little overdone, and the edges of the hair are to clean, but everything else is top notch!

SDC14633.jpg

SDC14631.jpg

SDC14629.jpg

SDC14630.jpg

Those pics look FABULOUS. From the vein detail to the freshly shaved stubble of his high and tight faux hawk...simple awesome.

awesome pics, guys! :rock :rock :rock

the sculpting/detail on the side of the shaved head is pretty impressive as well.

Back