1/6 SSC Batman Classic Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want , two face , scarecrow, penguin, ivy, Mr. Freeze. But at the rate they go it will be 20 years from now

That's the problem with sideshow and hot toys. They are fearful of doing something like this so generally we will never see these figures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what the **** it is with these idiots. Mez, Sideshow; WHEN DID THE DEFINITION OF "CLASSIC" BECOME "MODERN?" If you want to make a Golden Age Batman, sell a Golden Age Batman. No reason to make it look like he butchered 50 goddamn basketballs and stitched them together in some "high tech" and "modern" rendition of the same look. You can't have it both ways. You can't claim some reverence for these looks and then feel the need to "update" them to make them more "realistic," or whatever the hell they're calling it these days, as if there's something wrong with them.

Batman wore trunks and underpants. Batman has a simple fabric suit, and you know what? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just like there's nothing wrong with his Rebirth suit being updated to fit with more modern sensibilities, but I look at it this way: would any of these companies even get an inkling of a thought to reinterpret his current Rebirth outfit as a "classic" Rebirth Batman, complete with a significantly downgraded fabric suit and underwear? If not, then why the hell do they consistently feel that the opposite's okay and that there is some inherent need to bastardize classic looks with all these bells and whistles?

It's just like dcd did classic catwoman and did jim ballant and not silver/Bronze Age dress and cape. Even dc is scared to death to produce a classic because they don't realize most collectors are in their 40's -late 20's who grey up in comic book stores on Neal Adams 70's 80's. Comics.
When I was young very little books from 60's before in GA was affordable for children. And the artwork and story's were not as great.

Now we're adults a Neal Adams batman would wake up that child within.
That figure and the odd weird 1st appearance batman could be a classic
But not something I want. I want Neal Adams licensed. And catwoman in dress and cape licensed. But I know there is zero chance in that figure because sideshow lacks the gonads to make her

I have always thought that Batgirl on Batfamily 17 is a dead ringer for the SSC Batgirl PF.

That said...This new Batman looks like a cross between a Sprang 50's Batman and a year one Mazuchelli version.

Difficult to say, but lose the lines on the suit and a decent year one-esque head sculpt and I think it could make for a decent Batman variant on the shelf.

Honestly I've lost hope in sideshow. Their going to put their idea of classic batman. We could have a vote and popular vote be Neal Adams. And end up getting one like their release but with a different belt.

Honestly I've lost hope in sideshow. Their going to put their idea of classic batman. We could have a vote and popular vote be Neal Adams. And end up getting one like their release but with a different belt.

A vote would have been good – however, after the mess that was Green Lantern, it's obvious SSC have no interest in customer feedback!

That said, this figure looks like it could be good.

It's just like dcd did classic catwoman and did jim ballant and not silver/Bronze Age dress and cape. Even dc is scared to death to produce a classic because they don't realize most collectors are in their 40's -late 20's who grey up in comic book stores on Neal Adams 70's 80's. Comics.
When I was young very little books from 60's before in GA was affordable for children. And the artwork and story's were not as great.

Now we're adults a Neal Adams batman would wake up that child within.
That figure and the odd weird 1st appearance batman could be a classic
But not something I want. I want Neal Adams licensed. And catwoman in dress and cape licensed. But I know there is zero chance in that figure because sideshow lacks the gonads to make her

Anyone in their late 20's would probably have zero familiarity and connection with cape and dress Catwoman. Hell, I'm 35, been reading comics since I was 4, and I really don't remember that look aside from vaguely recalling at this point seeing her in random merchandise like coloring books. The default image for Catwoman in my head would be the Balent version because of growing up during Knightfall. Anything before that would maybe be her all grey costume from that Year One storyline she had in the late 80s.

That isn't to say it is any less a viable choice, and I feel it's definitely deserving of some merch attention. But I think this is going to be an issue as the years go on. I worry about those classic old designs fading into history because either younger generations wont care or think they're lame, or the perception of that being the case.

Last edited:
7b87359ec58c29ce0f6d036d54529861--batman-vs-justice-league.jpg

:exactly::monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Wait your saying it's that pic at beginning of this page which is the exact same as we got but piping in costume and the 40's batsymbol.

If that's it then sideshow is completely clueless as to what public wants. It's sabotage to stop working on 1:6 DC line

I'm not. But it's still irritating. Tho I don't know who's more irritating, Sideshow with their asinine decisions or customers who support them.

Also, recall that SSC called the Adams-styled Batman "Modern Age" when releasing the PF. This new statue certainly appears more modern than that one. Yet. . . :confused:

If all these companies actually made things people wanted, they wouldn't have any junk to sell. If their first Batman was a proper definitive, black and grey, large bat, pouch belt detective version and their second version was a definitive blue and grey, yellow oval, capsule belt version, classic version they couldn't get people on board with another Batman because most of their customers would be completely satisfied.

But those versions would sell better than the "sorta kinda what some people are looking for" versions they put out instead, that take forever to sell out. Not sure what would garner most sales in the final analysis. But putting that aside, would be nice if they put together some genuinely high quality products. I think folks would be more understanding of their other decisions in that situation. But you know upfront that the figure will cost about $100 more than the figure is worth, and that is coupled with the odd design choices.

Also, recall that SSC called the Adams-styled Batman "Modern Age" when releasing the PF. This new statue certainly appears more modern than that one. Yet. . . :confused:

Yup, the classic on the original blueprints clearly shows......dum dum dum dummmmmm........NEAL ADAMS BATMAN.

Batman12Classic.png

Corporations do this all the time do slight changes, repkg and rebrand and your suppose to be stupid enough to just buy it and not complain.
Yet no more villains were made.
Nor batgirl,huntress,robin or nightwing.

They make PF to get loads of cash out of people. But who has endless room for them.
Just typical corporate stupidity

Yup, the classic on the original blueprints clearly shows......dum dum dum dummmmmm........NEAL ADAMS BATMAN.

Batman12Classic.png

Yup.

Don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I have this feeling those blue prints they did were for advertising and promotional purposes only. Just get an artist to quickly draw them up, hype up your collector base with cool, must own designs (that you of course have no intention of actually producing) to get them interested in your new line. Classic bait and switch.

I just don't get why Sideshow and Mezco pull this ****. If you gotta do your "artistic take" version of a Batman doll, go ahead and do it. Make a special release or a limited variant. But your interpretation three of four times? C'mon.

What's upsetting is at least via artist conceptuals this feels like a variant of the existing one, not too broad of a variant at that - although we don't know. I guarantee you it'll be at SDCC and my fear is that if it's too close to the two that came before it that it'll rot similarly to how Gotham Knight took forever to get sold out and it'll effectively put the last nail in the coffin for this line. I hope we see more than just this Lobo and the existing figures at SDCC but if we don't see too much new and it's resting on this to keep the line moving it might not be enough. There aren't many people who didn't want one of the two previous figures that are currently without.

Back