1/6 SSC Batman Classic Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we're going to condemn/vilify it, then at least wait until the full reveal and see if it is worthwhile or not.

Given their past failings and without a cult zeal as a Sideshow fanatic (of which I am not a Sideshow cultist/fanatic/overzealous defender/loyalist/protector), I'm not holding much hope or optimism.

The only Sideshow that genuinely piqued my interest thus far is the announcement for Taarna from Heavy Metal, but I remain cautiously guarded.

On the up side, maybe the figure will look good; however, it'll be overpriced at HT pricing without the HT design or quality.

On the down side, it'll be polarizing and a FAIL! while generating much discussion.

It feels like they were going for this

dc-comics-classic-batman-maquette-tweeterhead-silo-902650.png

but at the same time tried to "modernize" it with their own take. The concept art isn't that appealing, it really doesn't look much different than the first one other than the symbol but I'm willing to withhold judgement until the actual figure reveal.

I really wished that if they were going Batman variant they would have done something really unique like Golden Age Batman or Rebirth Batman, something really that'd complement their original figures instead of something that is only slightly differing.

How is this going to be different from their first Batman release? What will it be, darker blue and some new seams in the shirt?? Bet will be $229 or more because it's a con Exclusive lol.

The artwork looks great, but as with all SSC figures, i'll wait and see how it turns out. I did like their first Batman figure, so may get this one if the price is right!

It feels like they were going for this

dc-comics-classic-batman-maquette-tweeterhead-silo-902650.png

but at the same time tried to "modernize" it with their own take. The concept art isn't that appealing, it really doesn't look much different than the first one other than the symbol but I'm willing to withhold judgement until the actual figure reveal.

I really wished that if they were going Batman variant they would have done something really unique like Golden Age Batman or Rebirth Batman, something really that'd complement their original figures instead of something that is only slightly differing.

I don't know what the **** it is with these idiots. Mez, Sideshow; WHEN DID THE DEFINITION OF "CLASSIC" BECOME "MODERN?" If you want to make a Golden Age Batman, sell a Golden Age Batman. No reason to make it look like he butchered 50 goddamn basketballs and stitched them together in some "high tech" and "modern" rendition of the same look. You can't have it both ways. You can't claim some reverence for these looks and then feel the need to "update" them to make them more "realistic," or whatever the hell they're calling it these days, as if there's something wrong with them.

Batman wore trunks and underpants. Batman has a simple fabric suit, and you know what? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just like there's nothing wrong with his Rebirth suit being updated to fit with more modern sensibilities, but I look at it this way: would any of these companies even get an inkling of a thought to reinterpret his current Rebirth outfit as a "classic" Rebirth Batman, complete with a significantly downgraded fabric suit and underwear? If not, then why the hell do they consistently feel that the opposite's okay and that there is some inherent need to bastardize classic looks with all these bells and whistles?

Because pointless black lines from 2010's and reused "artistic interpt" head sculpt just scream "CLASSIC".
Sideshow are fat trolls. :lol

How is this going to be different from their first Batman release? What will it be, darker blue and some new seams in the shirt?? Bet will be $229 or more because it's a con Exclusive lol.

It'll be $249.99. It's a regular release and all of their one sixth interpretations have been at this price point lately. Thor is bare bones and still hits this number.

How about a version that looks like the modern age Premium Format for us collectors who grew up in the 70's.

Honestly if they did the Neal Adams version it'd sell out within hours of being put up. I guarantee it.

batmanbynealadams-hc2.jpg

Once again is it so hard to literally just copy an artist's take?

It won't be direct, their GI Joe, Marvel and DC lines have been Sideshow artist interpretations of the designs. Some closer than others to the source but they've all been what the SSC Artists play around with.

Because pointless black lines from 2010's and reused "artistic interpt" head sculpt just scream "CLASSIC".
Sideshow are fat trolls. :lol

7b87359ec58c29ce0f6d036d54529861--batman-vs-justice-league.jpg

If they would just make their figures like the PFs I think they would sell well. But I also understand that would require a lot of body mods which would mean higher prices. It could also hurt the PFs sales too maybe.

Looks like the gi joe philosophy is still very much held at ssc. First appearance, **** Sprang, Neal Adams, and anything in between is classic. This is just a random hodgepodge.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I don't know Ghost Rider hit for $219 to I would say anywhere in that range would probably be safe. $219-$249 it's only a $30 wiggle but sometimes that's the difference between getting it right away and waiting for points or a coupon. I have the first one and really like it so it'd take quite a bit for me to jump in again, I didn't even go for Gotham Knight (although I was tempted when it was 50% off at different retailers) so it'd have to look great to get my cash especially with all the Hot Toys all over the place right now.

Yeah, as others have said I thought the 1st Sideshow Batman figure was supposed to be the "classic" version, which technically is too broad of a classification. I prefer Batman when he got edgy in the Bronze Age that began in the early 70s; this made up the bulk of my comics before I regrettably got rid of them in the 80s! Yep, more Neal Adams, Jim Aparo and D. Giordano who more or less made up this look:
greatbatman05.jpgBatman_Family_v.1_17.jpg

Yeah, as others have said I thought the 1st Sideshow Batman figure was supposed to be the "classic" version, which technically is too broad of a classification. I prefer Batman when he got edgy in the Bronze Age that began in the early 70s; this made up the bulk of my comics before I regrettably got rid of them in the 80s! Yep, more Neal Adams, Jim Aparo and D. Giordano who more or less made up this look:
View attachment 353281View attachment 353282

I have always thought that Batgirl on Batfamily 17 is a dead ringer for the SSC Batgirl PF.

That said...This new Batman looks like a cross between a Sprang 50's Batman and a year one Mazuchelli version.

Difficult to say, but lose the lines on the suit and a decent year one-esque head sculpt and I think it could make for a decent Batman variant on the shelf.

Back