SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never happened.

He DID , however, Kill a vampire with a silver bullet.

I know he used his pistols to DRIVE AWAY Strange's men, he did not "gun them down"

I said he killed a dude that was sleeping with a gun.

You show me a panel where he kills a dude that was sleeping with a gun.

Batman shoots down Strange's men, causing that truck or whatever to slam into a tree with the bullets taking their toll. My memories a little rusty, but I also seem to remember him PUTTING A NOOSE OVER ONE OF THEIR NECKS AND HANGING THEM DEAD IN THE MOONLIGHT.

I think he then quips that the guy was better off dead, like he did in pretty much every issue before that.

All that said, YES< early batman DID kill. Usualy with his fists, and feet, or Pulling a mook into the fire of another mook and using the first mook as a human shield.

- Throws a dude off a roof, head first
- Punches a dude in an acid tank and quips about his death
- Kicks a guy off a skyscraper
- Breaks a guys neck with his silk rope

- Kills that poor henchmen Jabah . . . by breaking his neck with his rope
- Tries to set Dr. Death on fire, quips again
- Purposely jumps out a window, swings, and breaks Mikhail's neck
- Shoots the Red Monk and his woman
- Kills a guard (pretty brutal too), puts costume on said guard to trick "Napoleon"
- Throws a poison pellet into Napoleons plane, kills him

- Strangles the Duc with his are hands
- Hurls a guy backwards into another thugs sword, killing him
- Cracks open a man's head with the red ruby idol
- Shoots down Hugo Strange's men in the van
- Kills the giant criminals that Strange experimented on

And that's just the 1930s/1940s.

He's killed in the movies (all of them but Batman and Robin), graphic novels (TDKR, Arkham Asylum, possibly Killing Joke), and comics from the 60s-90s. Uses guns occasionally too.

And yeah, I'd argue that the BTAS Batman is the best one as well in my opinion. Atleast my favorite one.

But that's not the "truest" or most real one either. Just an interpretation. A Batman.

I said he killed a dude that was sleeping with a gun.

You show me a panel where he kills a dude that was sleeping with a gun.

Batman shoots down Strange's men, causing that truck or whatever to slam into a tree with the bullets taking their toll. My memories a little rusty, but I also seem to remember him PUTTING A NOOSE OVER ONE OF THEIR NECKS AND HANGING THEM DEAD IN THE MOONLIGHT.

I think he then quips that the guy was better off dead, like he did in pretty much every issue before that.

- Throws a dude off a roof, head first
- Punches a dude in an acid tank and quips about his death
- Kicks a guy off a skyscraper
- Breaks a guys neck with his silk rope

- Kills that poor henchmen Jabah . . . by breaking his neck with his rope
- Tries to set Dr. Death on fire, quips again
- Purposely jumps out a window, swings, and breaks Mikhail's neck
- Shoots the Red Monk and his woman
- Kills a guard (pretty brutal too), puts costume on said guard to trick "Napoleon"
- Throws a poison pellet into Napoleons plane, kills him

- Strangles the Duc with his are hands
- Hurls a guy backwards into another thugs sword, killing him
- Cracks open a man's head with the red ruby idol
- Shoots down Hugo Strange's men in the van
- Kills the giant criminals that Strange experimented on

And that's just the 1930s/1940s.

He's killed in the movies (all of them but Batman and Robin), graphic novels (TDKR, Arkham Asylum, possibly Killing Joke), and comics from the 60s-90s. Uses guns occasionally too.

And yeah, I'd argue that the BTAS Batman is the best one as well in my opinion. Atleast my favorite one.

But that's not the "truest" or most real one either. Just an interpretation. A Batman.

Well, atleast we agree on one thing. :D

I'll agree, there is no "REAL" batman. I used the incorrect term. but there is ONE Definiteive Version, which ALL others will be weighed against.

batman2.jpg

There's no such thing as a definitive Batman. If you ask a little kid today, he'll say Christian Bale or Batman the brave and the bold are the definitive versions, if you ask my brother, he'll say Michael Keaton and The Dark Knight Returns, and if you ask my father, it's the silver age batman with the dorky smile (ironically, the same Bats from brave and the bold). Personally, I don't have a favorite Batman because I like them all, and I understand the fact that the character will be redefined again and again by writers for new generations who aren't familiar with the character.

Last edited:
Batman is Batman. Whether he's fighting aliens, super villains, corruption, or Bane in a fuzzy Gorilla suit; it's still Batman. I accept it all, and I look for the good in it all. With that being said, I would totes be down for a Detective #27 Bats.

I would argue either Neal Adams work in the 70's or Frank Miller's TDKR and Year One are the definitive Batman. It was (for me anyway) their work that reversed the perception of Batman as silly and camp following the 60's TV series.

Batman is Batman. Whether he's fighting aliens, super villains, corruption, or Bane in a fuzzy Gorilla suit; it's still Batman. I accept it all, and I look for the good in it all. With that being said, I would totes be down for a Detective #27 Bats.

Well spoken my friend (although you and I both know '66 TV Batman rules them all...hahaha!)....

I would argue either Neal Adams work in the 70's or Frank Miller's TDKR and Year One are the definitive Batman. It was (for me anyway) their work that reversed the perception of Batman as silly and camp following the 60's TV series.

:goodpost:

I grew up with Adams, but Miller changed my perception of Batman forever. When I watched the 89Batman, after the awesomeness and violence of YO and TDKR, I felt that something was lacking.

I loved the suit, I love the visuals, but it was too Burton and not enough BTman. Still love it though!:)

Oh God Brave and the Bold Batman. Weren't ratings for that show meh at best? Or something.

My problem with Brave and the Bold is generally depicting Batman as anything but a dark hero honestly, and generally trying too hard to get kids to like him. I watched some episodes and it was pretty bad. I mean, I actually like The Batman and think its real underrated. But Brave and the Bold was just terrible, and even went with some cliches honestly. (Shrinking episode, body switch etc.)

Beyond this, I do agree that there's no definitive Batman.

yes and no. a better building analogy is that the first 6 issues of the comic ( 39-40) picked the location where batman would be built. 7-12, including the first appearence of robin, and the inclusin of his parrents getting murdered infront him as part of his history would be the foundation.

the first six appearences of Batman were still just a clone of "the Shadow". it wasn't till the 7th that bob Kane started getting creative.

Never said that, I said that I DOUBT anyone on this board is nostalgic for it. consdiering that to be nostalgic for it, you would need to have been around when it was new... so reading comics in 39-40 would make you around 9-12 then, meaning such a person would be close to 100 years old now.

people CAN like it, it is a neat design. I even LOVE that it was inforporated into the mythos as a costume worn by thomas wayne at a costume party when bruce was VERY young.

But being nostalgic for it is something else entirely.

You sound dumber every time you post. You can have nostalgia for an item from way before you were born. Someone who read the original stories as a young teen and enjoyed them 6 or 7 years ago, who may be 20 now could have nostalgia attached to them. Its a feeling related to time past, not an absolute over the time the item was created. :slap

:goodpost:

Both great, but its amazing the impact TDKR and Year 1 have on fans considering both are very small in the total amount of Batman works out there.

On an on topic note: I'm very happy with SSC's first Batman offering, hope it sells fast and other incarnations are offered in the future.

Ordered I like medicom's hush version but getting this sideshow blue/grey version and medicom black/grey hush version later this summer. I may be done with bats after a hot toys arkham version and returns suit if ever gets released.

I have the blue Medicom Hush Batman and even purchased a second one to put together my kitbashed custom.

I preordered the Sideshow Batman and might even get a 2nd one down the line (depending on finances) to further upgrade my custom.
10316288753_350b36c867_b.jpg

After that, I am looking forward to Medicom's Dark Knight Returns and Hot Toys Arkham figure (if they ever get around to it).

As far as Sideshow, I can't wait to see their Superman.

He killed in TDKR? :horror You don't mean the joker do you? He just paralyzed him by breaking his neck but he was still alive, the Joker himself made the final twist :lol

Other than that I don't remember any other case where we arguably killed someone in that comic.

Oh God Brave and the Bold Batman. Weren't ratings for that show meh at best? Or something.

My problem with Brave and the Bold is generally depicting Batman as anything but a dark hero honestly, and generally trying too hard to get kids to like him. I watched some episodes and it was pretty bad. I mean, I actually like The Batman and think its real underrated. But Brave and the Bold was just terrible, and even went with some cliches honestly. (Shrinking episode, body switch etc.)

Beyond this, I do agree that there's no definitive Batman.

Yeah, it was a silly show, but it was based on the silver age DC universe :) And it captured 50's and 60's comics perfectly. The show was "serious"...some times...
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knhG5JN-1xo[/ame]
...and the show's ending was cool. They were actually taking down the set of the show :lol, but I can understand why some people don't like it.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY2ME08hncw[/ame]

im more intrigued by this batman than i am sold on it. i have PO'ed for sure but the pictures do not have me convinced just yet. Joker looks way better in hand than any online pictures and im hoping for more the same with bats. i actually love the idea of the Kryptonite ring, that could give a lot of supes vs bats display options. i cant think of any other batman figures with a kryptonite ring, this sets him apart from others.

He killed in TDKR? :horror You don't mean the joker do you? He just paralyzed him by breaking his neck but he was still alive, the Joker himself made the final twist :lol

Other than that I don't remember any other case where we arguably killed someone in that comic.

Nope, not the Joker. Like you said, he just breaks his neck.

He kills the pink, female mutant gang leader who's holding the kid hostage. She's like "Back off man, I'll kill the kid, believe me man I will!"

Then Batman takes the machine gun from the other mutant leader, aims it at her, and shoots her, grabbing/saving the kid. Miller leaves the kid in color as Batman is saving him and makes the blood and the mutant leader faded out in black and white.

Batman says, "I believe you". Then goes about his business.

In Arkham Asylum, he kills Dr. Destiny by pushing him down the steps (who's confined to a wheel chair) before facing off against Killer Croc. He also lets Dr. Ruth kill Dr. Cavendish and said he had it coming.

Brave and the Bold was the best Batman show ever. No contest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dude, I agree totally. When they did the team-up with Space Ghost, I was a kid again!

My only regret is that they never got around to Swamp Thing, although the Etrigan/Sherlock ep. was almost as epic.

Back