SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I think the body is a high point. I'm totally nostalgic looking at this figure. A great mix of 70's and 80's Batman with a splash of Super Powers thrown in.

Dang it, if I'm happy everybody should be happy. :lol

I think the one that looks far better in this line is Supes, even with that crappy body, it will be my definitive comic book Superman figure.

I am with Cocoboloboy...I really like this interpretation of Batman. If I had my druthers, it would be black/grey. But the blue/grey is damn near as good to me. Doesn't even register on the "deal breaker" radar.

Although I really like all of the forms that Batman has come in, this is the only one that I would buy. And I like the way the mannequin looks on the figure. To me...it kind of makes me think of Bat Man drawn in a rough-edged style.

Gonna be a damned long year. And that is a sentiment that I normally reserve for Star Wars or GI Joe.

I don't get the hate ether, I think this is a great batman and like batty said the best comic batman yet, this puts the dc direct 13 inch, the medicom hush batman and the metal version from play imagination all to shame.

I love this figure and would order 2 if I could. I am really interested to see the body. I have been waiting for a true super-hero body for years and from what I have seen this is the one.

Now, in regard to the "This is the best comic Batman anyone has ever made" debate I guess I have to ask, which Comic is this Batman based on?
The DC Direct, though really not 1/6 scale was obviously based on real Batman comics most notably Neal Adams, Alex Ross and Jim Lee.
The Medicom Hush Batman is a Hush Batman and that is it; nothing more, nothing less.
The Super Alloy Batman is the New 52 version of Batman.
If this is a Comic Batman and is to be compared to other Batman figures that are based on real comics then which is this Batman based on?
Is it a better representation of the Neal Adams version than the DC Direct? In my opinion no.
Is it a better Hush Batman than the Medicom? Maybe but the Medi one has a more comic accurate sculpt from what I've seen.
Is this a better 52 Batman? Obviously not.

This is a generic Batman figure, not based on any particular version. If you are to compare this one to Batman figures that are actually based on comics that can be used as a reference is no different then comparing it to Hot Toys Dark Knight Batman figures or the Adam West Batman or Takara Begins Batman. They are based on a set Batman with his own characteristics and unique look.
As I said above this is a buy but at this point in the game name another collectibles manufacturer that makes highly detailed and expensive figures not based on any particular version of the character? Even Mattel and Hasbro base their figures on actual versions from the comics or movies.

Until Sideshow starts basing their "comic" figures on actual comics they will always be not quite there in my opinion. Great representations of Sideshow's interpretation of the character but nothing more than that.

I'm wondering if they are gonna release another Batman in the future.?
or not.
If yes, I hope It's Frank Miller.

Lots of negative comments on this one. I feel like I'm looking at a different figure than some. :lol I see the best version of a comic book Batman ever made. Blows the DC Direct 13" line outa the water and if it comes out as nice as the Joker did then I'll be ecstatic.

It's because there isn't a Hot Toys logo on it.

Its cool to like and buy whatever you like, if you don't dig it its cool, and I hate price gouging as much as the next guy, however at todays current value of 1/6 figures and with what you get here, 199 for this guy is not that bad, especially considering the prices you pay for custom figures that come on knock off truetypes:dunno
Well I don't think you can compare mass produced and custom figures when you talk price. Just an apples and oranges kind of thing because of what goes into it, economies of scale, and profit margins needed to make it worth someone's while. But Sideshow figures in general just feel like they still belong in the $150 range to me. I have certainly paid way more for other figures, but I pay what I feel something is worth. Just my opinion though. I know prices are up everywhere, but with SSC I'm extremely picky about what I'll justify at those kinds of prices, moreso than with some other companies. I may pick this guy up at some point though, and I'm definitely glad folks are into it, as I hope it spurs Sideshow and others (Hot Toys? :pray: ) into doing more comic-accurate stuff.

Black and gray and all black Batman figures are soooo played out. What makes this one stand out is that it is blue and gray.

I like the color of the suit in fact when you actually think about it the color fits in great with the collection. When paired with Catwomen who's in all black they both contrast each other very well, he also contrasts with Joker and Harley well too except in that instance he's the darker one which is appropriate and that's exactly what I assume it will be like when he will be paired with the upcoming Superman. I will admit he as been in black and grey and all black with those figures in the comics, however when looking at the figures you have to think about the compliments the figures have on each other as a whole collection at least I do since I have all of them preordered.

Lets break it down.

SSC Batman

This figure comes with 2 heads. TWO being the key number here. And one interchangeable face. A couple of hands. Some type of grapnel gun. Batarang, bat shurikens, a effin kryptonite ring!!

Msrp : $199

Avengers Thor

A hammer....oh and A few hands.

Msrp : $220

Captain America

Extra head sculpt, one shield, a few hands, and a gun he never used.

Msrp : $230

See where I'm going here?

Lets break it down.

SSC Batman

This figure comes with 2 heads. TWO being the key number here. And one interchangeable face. A couple of hands. Some type of grapnel gun. Batarang, bat shurikens, a effin kryptonite ring!!

Msrp : $199

Avengers Thor

A hammer....oh and A few hands.

Msrp : $220

Captain America

Extra head sculpt, one shield, a few hands, and a gun he never used.

Msrp : $230

See where I'm going here?

I mainly dislike HT for their soulless figures, but the tailoring on those things is effing magic, and this one admittedly has a more "alive" HS IMO than HT's, but the suit is kind of, plain and the cape isn't really shining either.

1390555_345306508947481_1722917452_n.jpg

Back