SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm struggling to see anything I don't like about this figure. It's an awesome representation of a classic comic book Batman. Love the colors. Love the bulked up body. Love the sculpt. Love the swap out portraits.

For me, the best 1/6 line from Sideshow so far.

Why is the cowl piece that was shown in pics at SDCC last year now gone? The cloth cape neck just looks off...at 200 this may be a pass...I was down for it the way it looked in 2012, not so much now.

****! I frakkin' knew I was going to end up ordering this figure. This thing is so badass that I am stepping away from my Sideshow Star Wars and GI Joe only rule for the first time since the Hot Toys Predalien.

Thank goodness that I have rewards points to cover most of the price.

Looks pretty kewl. Love all the accessories.

100090-batman-004.jpg

Kewl shot. GTAIII Claude on the left!!

This does look better than I imagined it would. Still unsure though. It doesn't wow me, and the shots that do look good are all ones using low light and shadow. I think this looks decent but not worth $200. I was really excited when sideshow announced their DC line but so far the only figures that I've felt I really wanted are Harley Quinn and Catwoman. And still, I don't think they warrant the price.

Also, is it me or does there seem to be no hand for Batman to hold that grapple gun?

$84.59 shipped after rewards points.

Frak! I can't wait to get this figure!

Edit - Damn near a year to wait for the figure...ouch.

Lots of cool things about this figure, but I don't care for the light grey and blue.

Not that I don't care about the grey/blue at all. I'd like it better if the sculpt looked like the Neal Adams Batman and it had a yellow oval bat logo.

Last edited:
Figure looks great. Something about the neck part that does not look right to me.

What Linda Carter incident?

BB

Dc comics was sued for making wonder woman's image in comics to closely resemble Linda Carter. So wonder woman is always kinda off. DC direct made a so so Wonder Woman but it could be a lot better. I think if she does get made it will be closer to the movie release in 2014/15 probably to look like the modern.

This line lacks consistency. You've got an 80s style Joker, a very modern Catwoman and Harley, and a very classic looking Batman. I don't really get it. Catwoman and Harley are the best so far, but the price points are simply too high, and SSC really takes their sweet time with the whole announce/reveal/release ratio.

I liked the original prototype colors better but I still like what I see. Wouldn't mind seeing a proper pic of the figure and accessories though.

I think batman might get the neck resolved. just like with Harley Quinn's swapped pigtails. which they will post corrected pics soon.
that might happen with batman as well since everyone is pointing out how off that neck looks without the lower part of the cowl. I think if it wasn't for that seam in the middle of his neck people would be fine.

the seam is distracting. there is a way to fix that but it's a waste of fabric by making that part on the fold.

The figure reminds me of the old Batman TV serial for some reason...

Lewis+Wilson+-+Batman.jpg

lol that is soooo garish to look upon, it's a home made costume kinda reminds me of that black guy that became a super hero in a movie (I forget the title I think it was meteor man)

Back