SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 sideshow batman figure

:goodpost:
Because they are not being made by Hot Toys.

:goodpost::exactly:

Just standard sideshow bashing. I like them all. probably gonna skip superman, as I've got the reeves superman, and the costume is the same, but If i didn't already have one, i'd get The one from sideshow.

I like this a lot. And I think it looks way better than the Medicom Hush BM. Of course the final product of this hasn't been shown yet, so who knows. I didn't get the Medicom Hush figure because I think they are way over priced for what they are.

The Sideshow Star Wars pricing model ranges from $100-$175. If these DC figures fall in around $150, and they look as good as these pics do, I'm in for all of them.

I like it, except for the browline. If they did indeed change that, it'd be an instant purchase for me.

I prefer a black and grey outfit over blue though.

I wanna like this line more, but I feel like they're not nailing it at this scale which is a little forgivable; it's a tall order with characters from the pages of comic books vs film. It's a good starting point, but I'll stick with the PFs for comic stuff.

Something tells me if that Sideshow logo was replaced with Hot Toys' these would be getting more love :lol

Personally I really like these. Price point is still a question mark (sub $100 would be ideal), but really hoping this is a huge hit for Sideshow. 1/4 PF is still my scale and medium of choice but there is no way you'll get a prolific catalog at that scale. There's a much better chance of seeing more Batman family, Superman family, JLA JSA, LSH and Green Lanterns at 1:6 scale. By creating a viable 1:6 scale superhero system, SS is not only able to create a prolific line of detailed figures based on the DC Universe (and hopefully Marvel as well), they are opening the door to customizers and bashers to create characters and variations they won't get to.

This lineup could be a huge hit if the prices were fair. At around $150 I think many many people would buy these and love them, but I'm guessing they will be around $200 and at that point it's going to be a hard sale. If these were around $100 I would probably preorder all of them once they go up, but at $200 at most I might just get two lol.

I like it as is and will buy it either way. Depending on sideshows body I will probably switch it to a HT muscle body anyway

I hope these range between $100 and $150, (or more realistically $129-$159) which will likely be the sweet spot for cranking them out and selling them out. Any lower and quality will suffer, any higher and buyers will be priced out of the market. They've got to be at a range where collectors feel they are getting their money's worth and casual buyers will pick them up because they look cool. I can see a characters like Grundy, Grodd, Bane, and Darkseid hitting the $200 range because of the size and the need to produce new bodies. But if characters like Green Lantern, Flash, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Zatanna, Green Arrow, etc. are in that range, I think folks will be picking them up like candy.

I would love to have the pf and 1/6 figure of each DC character they make.

they are matching the statues with the figures ,arent they?hope its abiut 100-150 dollars btw.

Yeah, so far all of the characters have shared the same likeness. The Superman PF, 1:1 bust, and the 1:6 figure all have the same likeness. Frankly, I think that is awesome!

im definitely down for this figure, but out of all the SS dc solicited figures this looks to be the weakest.

that said, many a time a figure has shown up on my doorstep and my opinion has changed.

Sure... if you think it actually looks good.

Yeah personally I think it is a bad idea because it means if you do not like that specific version of the character, you won't like any figure or statue of the character they make. I think the busts, PFs, and figures should all go for unique interpretations of the character so that all fans of that character can at least like one of the figures.

Yeah personally I think it is a bad idea because it means if you do not like that specific version of the character, you won't like any figure or statue of the character they make. I think the busts, PFs, and figures should all go for unique interpretations of the character so that all fans of that character can at least like one of the figures.

I think that yes, it's risky for Sideshow, but I like that they have taken that risk to come up with their own version that one could somehow identify as "Sideshow version", like an artist making his own mark at an iconic character. Risky, but worth praising IMO.

It's like Paul Pope's Batman which I like, but since Pope's art style is more of something that caters to an "acquired taste", it was not surprising that the Batman B&W based on his design's among the least popular of the line.

Because they are not being made by Hot Toys.

If they can keep the price at or just under $120, I will change my tune on 'em. That's, what...$30 more than DCD charged for their 13" line? I'd consider that a good price for what we've been shown. Anything more than that and they're smoking crack.

Back