SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an email a few weeks back that stated my payment for it on September 5th was now going to be on the 15th instead, however with it being in their warehouse now I see it coming sooner.

I got an email a few weeks back that stated my payment for it on September 5th was now going to be on the 15th instead, however with it being in their warehouse now I see it coming sooner.

Oh you must be on payment plan right?

Sorry but I have to disagree completely. It isn't so much just about realism, but what works in 3 dimensions or in a real world setting. Spandex just doesn't work.

Spandex works just fine, as far as I'm concerned. The Spiderman films prove that. Batman: Dead End proved that.
We'll agree to disagree.

Superman the Movie just barely works - because it's Superman. ...RANT...

Superman The Movie works a heck of a lot better than "barely". The film is a classic... made with 50 times more heart and soul than virtually any of today's superhero films set in an overly dull "real world setting".

I wish they'd gone with a lot more texture/armor on this Batman than they did.

And I am SOOOOOOO glad they did not. It would have ruined a pretty decent figure of a classic version of The Batman. Of course, you are always free to purchase any of the myriad of other "Robo-Bat" figures that exist out there, like the upcoming Arkham City figure. Plenty of "real world" texture / armor there.

Speaking for myself (and evidently a few other folks on here who are looking forward to THIS (non-armored) version of Batman) I'm pretty tired of The Dark Knight looking like Darth Vader.

"Look what’s landed! Batman and Star Wars Sixth Scale figures coming soon"

NewArrivals_SixthScale_081914.jpg

I never saw a Hot Toys Coming Soon-esque photo teaser from SSC before, but I'm so happy to see this!

I think I'm going to have a lot of fun posing this figure. It seems that the cape not only looks good, but may also give better balance for crouching poses. :clap

This guy is looking really good! I don't have him ordered yet, there are a few places where I think I can get him 20%off, so I'm going to wait till he gets stocked there. Plus I should see some in hand pics by then

This guy is looking really good! I don't have him ordered yet, there are a few places where I think I can get him 20%off, so I'm going to wait till he gets stocked there. Plus I should see some in hand pics by then

https://api.viglink.com/api/click?f...ww.youtube.com/watch?v=3PwWQ...KoMzkhFQMyBy5w

Batman looks great, looking forward to him, but wasn't he supposed to come with a second cowl with longer ears?

He does. RE has two cowls, EX has three, a battle damaged long eared. Also has as many face change outs.

I bet there will be some sweet battle damaged customs in the near future, to match the ex.

I'd be more afraid of a dude in spandex vs glorified SWAT armor because the spandex dude would be way crazier.

Well said!! Not to mention he would CLEARLY have to be good at what he does!

Plus, in the glorified SWAT armor, The Batman becomes no different than any other numbskull cop who clumsily marches into the path of bullets. He becomes far less elegant... far less skilled... far less subtle... a blunt object... you know, like Christian Bale as Batman.:wink1:

Don't really care for "real world" Batman if i gotta watch him stumbling around clumsily in an armored suit that makes him move (and speak) like if he's got a large stick jammed up his butt.

I'll take spandex.

But Wolverine in yellow and blue spandex? How does that make any kind of sense in a real world setting?

A guy with funny hair and 1970's mutton-chop sideburns, and Adamantium claws that extend out from between his knuckles... How does that make any kind of sense in a "real world setting"?

Answer: It DOESN'T! It's a darn fantasy! Therein lies my point.

Back