SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Batman head is that?

Like Lawrence said, it's a custom Erick Sosa sculpt (he goes by ZKULPTOR here on the forums). I removed the neck and repainted it.

Looks like I need to follow the custom Batman threads, this is badass.

Thanks. At the end it cost more than the SS version will likely end up costing, but to me it was definitely worth it.

Sosa sculpt? Don't know if I've seen it painted that colour before. Nice.

Yep, that's it. I repainted it to match the colour of the cape, and gave him a stubble à la All Star Batman and Robin.

I really like the figure. Great job. I will probably get a belt like that for the Sideshow Batman.

You can contact Mike5401 here on the boards if you're interested, he's making the belt buckle and capsules.

I posted some more pictures and the recipe here if you're interested https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132453. :wave

Great job on the figure, Agonistes. It capture a definitive comic-Batman vibe. Maybe SSC could learn from how the cape was attached on your figure's neck?

And thanks for selflessly sharing your recipe!

The sideshow cape is badly tailored. Imo they should have went with what Tony Mei has done pretty much like agoniste one.
Here's his cape used on my customs.

P1080407_zps45aa36c4.jpg

P1040065.jpg

P1040063.jpg

Why did the sculptor make batmans revealed portion of the face look like an ape? And the first proto...why did his brow look like @$$ cheeks? Whoever sculpted it made THE ugliest Bruce Wayne ever. Take off the cowl and you can just imagine Bruce looking like a prison inmate that got beat up every day.

Ugh, I wish they'd redo the sculpt. It's the ONLY thing holding me back from preordering joker. I need the hero for the villain...but not when the hero looks like....well, that.

Oh and agon,and Elvis...I ENVY your custom bats.

Still gotta say, Even with it's flaws It's superior to every hot toys release thus far by simple nature of being a comic book version :D

Yeah, despite its flaws I am a fan of this new 1/6 line for Sideshow. Very unique designs to all the characters yet still staying true to the comic books.

I do really hope they plan on still doing the Arkham Asylum figure, since who knows when hot toys will do the Arkham City one... But I am looking forward to this figure... Also hoping for an Batman Inc figure as well...

Yeah, despite its flaws I am a fan of this new 1/6 line for Sideshow. Very unique designs to all the characters yet still staying true to the comic books.

I feel the same they did a better job than dc domics DCD series and anything warner bro's ever had promoted before. at least now warner bro's has a marketable figure through Sideshow.

The problem I have with most of these comics' inspired Batman versions is that, while looking magnificent and quite intimidating, I just cannot see playboy multimillionaire Bruce Wayne in there.

Still, they look awesome.

I look for bats to go up next month or so that way he will be a month or so behind harley

I hope Bats goes up soon.... I plan on Getting Joker,Harley,Batman, and Catwoman thus far...

Back