SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys! Did the blue color of the cape rub off on your batman's suit? Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks!
7de642e8f3db720f85675bb78ea0d8a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Yep, happened to me. I mentioned it very early. It happened in the very first weeks. I had to open the suit in the back and wash it and it came off. It hasn't happened again so I wonder what caused it.

If they used the same bodies, I would be tempted in a version of the Black Batman. Although I liked it, I can't justify having both in the collection for SS retail pricing. But I do love my SS blue Batman....

Apologies if this has been asked before, but what do you folks figure is the likelihood of Sideshow putting out 1/6 Bats figures based on other looks? Say... the Miller version, but with the added semi-realistic details SSC usually adds to their 1/6 comic stuff?

Apologies if this has been asked before, but what do you folks figure is the likelihood of Sideshow putting out 1/6 Bats figures based on other looks? Say... the Miller version, but with the added semi-realistic details SSC usually adds to their 1/6 comic stuff?

I think a lot of folks seem to think that SSC's 1/6 scale DC line is DOA. Their last 1/6 Batman was released two years ago (Gotham Knight) and their more recent 1/6 Green Lantern figure was met with a lot of criticism.

SSC sucks now, they use to announce a figure every month almost being star wars, GI Joe, or other brands. Now they have one or two per year. They say its kicking but its almost there DOA. They are charging too much for what you get

Problem is their interpretation were met with criticism and that hurt the sales so to them that means no one wants 1/6 DC characters. No, for $250 we want characters that looks like the most popular version of that character.

As for Marvel, I have Thor on order and hope a classic comic style Spidey and Iron Man. Maybe a nice scaled Hulk if they have some bawls.

Problem is their interpretation were met with criticism and that hurt the sales so to them that means no one wants 1/6 DC characters. No, for $250 we want characters that looks like the most popular version of that character.

As for Marvel, I have Thor on order and hope a classic comic style Spidey and Iron Man. Maybe a nice scaled Hulk if they have some bawls.

Agreed. It's really hard for SSC to make the case for their figures when they charge Hot Toys' prices, but fall short on folks' expectations.

I do like their 1/6 wolverine and want a comic accurate and I mean accurate gambit and more x men but the way they move I will be dead by then, after collecting their DC dceu figures hot toys spanks SSC to pieces maybe sideshow should lower their cost for them. Thor is the same price as the purple coat joker and look at what you get with joker compared to Thor's only accessories a hammer. No lightning effects , Axe, or second portrait . come on SSC you lost your mind

I was hoping that, given Disney's apparent love for Hot Toys (and vice versa), we'd have gotten comic-based Marvel heroes from HT by now.

Maybe eventually we'll see something...

SSC sucks now, they use to announce a figure every month almost being star wars, GI Joe, or other brands. Now they have one or two per year. They say its kicking but its almost there DOA. They are charging too much for what you get

That last bit - and the fact they don't take on-board customer's constructive criticisms... The DC Green Lantern figure is evidence of that.

Shame, because I genuinely love the 1/6 Joker and Batman figures they brought out, but they really need to drop their prices or give us Hot Toys quality!

Have to agree that the quality of the SSC figures is extremely disappointing compared to HT. Was strictly HT until the last year or so when I started purchasing some SSC figures. The quality is really hit or miss. The DC figures I have (Batman, Batman Gotham Knight, Joker) although not HT for sure are close other than weak ankles, but the Star Wars figures are horribly made IMO. For me the only think I will continue to purchase that is made directly by SSC are the PF's and those are starting to seeing the same quality issues as well. This is what happens when the company gets too big.

Have to agree that the quality of the SSC figures is extremely disappointing compared to HT. Was strictly HT until the last year or so when I started purchasing some SSC figures. The quality is really hit or miss. The DC figures I have (Batman, Batman Gotham Knight, Joker) although not HT for sure are close other than weak ankles, but the Star Wars figures are horribly made IMO. For me the only think I will continue to purchase that is made directly by SSC are the PF's and those are starting to seeing the same quality issues as well. This is what happens when the company gets too big.

Whilst I love my Batman and Joker figures, have to say the paint application on Batman is poor... and poorly designed (the grey around the eyes ruin's them), also they suffer from lollypop head all too often, add to that the poor choice in material on the GL figure, and the Flash previewed figure as well as lack of accessories on a lot of their figures.
Now, all of these things would be acceptable or at lease tollerable if the price was right – I would have bought the GL figure in a heartbeat (despite it's problems) if they priced it correctly... Now instead of collecting a SSC Justice League as I intended, i'll put together a HT one instead!

Back