SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the main problem I have are the mouthpieces. They do not look like any Batman I have ever seen, even the Batman vs Lobo comics do not make him look that bad.

Not including the Aardman versions.

The neutral mouthpiece is my favorite part of the sculpt. It has a Clooney vibe to it. The other mouthpieces look off to me.
I guess I'll need to see it in person though.

I am seriously considering getting a second, to convert to a black and grey Batman.

Will probably use the head and cape from my kit-bashed Batman, below.
I'll paint the gloves and boots, and hope that Tony makes a nice pair of black briefs for this.
It's time for this Batman to get an upgrade.
10316288753_350b36c867_b.jpg

The neutral mouthpiece is my favorite part of the sculpt. It has a Clooney vibe to it. The other mouthpieces look off to me.
I guess I'll need to see it in person though.

I am seriously considering getting a second, to convert to a black and grey Batman.

Will probably use the head and cape from my kit-bashed Batman, below.
I'll paint the gloves and boots, and hope that Tony makes a nice pair of black briefs for this.
It's time for this Batman to get an upgrade.
10316288753_350b36c867_b.jpg

No need for an upgrade; I used the Medi suit for a kitbash and it looks great. Not as nice as yours but it doesn't need anything. Yours is perfect, like something out of a Frank Miller buffet.

Thanks guys. My favorite part is the Jim Lee head by Eric Sosa and the cape by Tony.

It is the Medicom suit and was tight to close but it did.

Still looking forward to my SSC Batman arriving. I think the body they are using for Bats is perfect.
My biggest hope is that Sideshow changes their mind and uses the Batman body on Superman (which I also have on preorder).

I have my trusty sewing kit. The rubber neck/chest will hopefully be flesh toned on the Batman figure. If not I willing to paint if I have to.

I was thinking about the switcharoo as well but Kaustic Plastik is coming out with some new bodies so I may wait on those before buying a second batman body

No undies at all sounds good. It's a shame that they are not removable as there are many pairs of black undies available on the market. I have a feeling some industrious Freak like Tony Meis will just make a new pair.

Interesting side fact:

Comic book companies for decency had to put undergarments on outside something that was set up in guidelines in order to go to the masses.

That's why Batwoman had that mysterious black shadow and outline of bodysuit. You can allude to sex just couldn't print it unless you were doing Betty page that would tarnish reps.

After seeing all the SDCC pics of this guy, the changes SS made were fantastic. Ordered and I was never planning on doing so. This will be my first 1/6th since the HT Luke I think.....definitely been a while:monkey3

Interesting side fact:

Comic book companies for decency had to put undergarments on outside something that was set up in guidelines in order to go to the masses.

That's why Batwoman had that mysterious black shadow and outline of bodysuit. You can allude to sex just couldn't print it unless you were doing Betty page that would tarnish reps.

I believe it. There have always been undertones, probably more so in the pulps back in the 30's, 40's and 50's. Sex sells; can't escape it.

I hope batman ships out same day I get charged so I can get it by Friday. But it always takes them a week after my fees.

I have been sitting on my hands because I have jumpsuit cut out just have to wait to see if it will fit him. It's a darker grey. Now that I know I have to seam rip or cut off briefs( in case it's printed on) I can always make a black one and sell him since that jumpsuit he has is not my bag by getting another head and painting cowl black.

Last edited:
It looks like a nicely made figure! However for me it's just not a purchase because I think it looks more like a guy in costume at sdcc rather than the dark knight himself.

Hoping this bat flys out this wednesday i prey :pray: for friday delivery but doubt it highly ,i'm betting by monday.:impatient:

Wednesday is the day they charge us, so I don't expect them to ship before Monday at best, and being in Europe, I give it another 10 to 15 days before I get this guy, so for me, that's about another three weeks of insufferable waiting.:)

Back