SSC 1:6 Scale Dusty!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from a B-day party (not mine)...

Fantastic news! I like what I see so far. Wonder what the exclusive could be? Maybe a switch out head with dirt/desert camo/etc?

But I have to admit I'm not too thrilled about the Desert Cobra Trooper and Officer. That seems too Hasbro-ish. If we are getting desert variants, we'll get arctic variants when Snow Job hits, jungle variants when we get Recondo, etc. etc. Very much like what they are doing with PoR right now actually. That is fine for $7 figures, but I'm not sure I like the idea with $100 figures. I mean if they made actual variants and not just a color change that would be fine, but these look just like the original blue uniforms in desert camo. Hopefully there will be more differences than that and new heads too. But hey, that does mean at least 2 more Joe figures within the next year :yess:

Ya Im no fan of these gimmick variants, if they were not part of Hasbro or in the comic, dont milk the cow SS

If they make them full blown variants with new gear, uniforms, weapons, and heads that is fine. But if its just a new head and a different colored uniform, than yeah, that is just being lazy and milking it.

I'm thinking the desert troops will look EXACTLY like the Black Majors custom troops. Lemme see if I can find a pic. The even have red scarfs too.

If they make them full blown variants with new gear, uniforms, weapons, and heads that is fine. But if its just a new head and a different colored uniform, than yeah, that is just being lazy and milking it.

They have pretty much done that so far, right?

Dusty is awesome...Sideshow better stay away from those desert trooper variants because thats just taking a slot up from getting something good...dont do it sideslow

Hell...with me living smack dab in the middle of the desert...I can't wait to get the C.O.B.R.A. desert variants with Dusty. That'll make for some great pics!

I'm actually okay with desert troops as a variant. They'll sell one way or another just like the sniper did. Troop types always do. Even the non hardcore Joe collectors will pick them up if they look cool as will your major 1/6 military collectors. To be honest whatever keeps the line afloat is good enough for me so lets keep the anti-desert troop discussion for when that is announced and focus on the glory that is

Desert Trooper CODENAME: Dusty

sscdusty.jpg

And I hope that the desert troopers come with a new black balaclava'd sculpt so I can add another Cruel Trooper to the team!

I'm actually okay with desert troops as a variant. They'll sell one way or another just like the sniper did. Troop types always do. Even the non hardcore Joe collectors will pick them up if they look cool as will your major 1/6 military collectors. To be honest whatever keeps the line afloat is good enough for me so lets keep the anti-desert troop discussion for when that is announced and focus on the glory that is

Desert Trooper CODENAME: Dusty

sscdusty.jpg

^truth! :rock :rock :rock

Oh snap! It looks like the bi-pod is folded up. I can't wait for this figure, maybe we'll see this by May?

Back