SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a little miffed that there's no pants, but it's not something that I wouldn't buy this figure over.

All in all, this is right up there with the best of Sideshow's Star Wars efforts. I really love this figure.

I haven't heard anyone who has received it say otherwise yet.

It didn't sell well so they gave it the axe. Had it sold better it would still be around. Gi Joe and SW sell well enough and they care about both. So like I said they love doing 1:6th stuff and love the lines they have. As long as all things work things will stick around.

The Emp Exclusive isn't sold out, not even at low quantity. I wouldn't say it's selling well.

The one benefit for the Ex Emp not selling out means there's a whole lot of thrones out there... price drop for me! :D

I'm gonna get this crazy chair for $60...shipped. You watch me. :pfft:

I didn't every figure sold out in 30 seconds. :lol As a whole though the line sells pretty well.

Considering there's an alternate head for the ex, not some lame gadget, and the character in question, plus the fact that he's an ex, not a regular, and an OT release no less, speak volumes.

Considering there's an alternate head for the ex, not some lame gadget, and the character in question, plus the fact that he's an ex, not a regular, and an OT release no less, speak volumes.

I think it says the economy sucks, shipping at the wrong time, and probably $10 too high.

I don't know. Can't say I've got an answer for that one. Maybe partly cause you can't get crap out of anything you put on ebay right now.

I have been suspecting that more and more Sideshow cares less and less about their 1:6 properties (though I couldn't care less about pants).

They have certainly moved their focus from 1:6 and if it weren't for SW, SS might not be in the 1:6 doll business at all right now. It's telling how SS was once on even ground with HT and DiD...

Palpy does look good. Shame that the ex head can't help move more of these into collections. You may be right Wor-Gar, that a glut of those $$$ thrones will be clogging up warehouses and clearanced at some point.

Let's not kill this thread so early.

I just got my Emp, dammit. Wait 'til I post futzed shots at least.

NO FUTZED SHOTS
soupnazi.jpg

FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have certainly moved their focus from 1:6 and if it weren't for SW, SS might not be in the 1:6 doll business at all right now. It's telling how SS was once on even ground with HT and DiD...

I'll give you HT, but the only thing DiD has is the headsculpts. While their figures "look" nice, the quality blows and that stale body is atrociously disproportionate. It was nice to see Sideshow improving in quality and then they go and pull this cheapassed corner cutting. While it doesn't damage the whole figure, I'd say it's a blemish that leaves a scar.

Thank you.

The paint is much paler; that more fleshy tone comes from the warm lamp I was using.

I think I need to add one of these shots to my sig line-up below.

I have been suspecting that more and more Sideshow cares less and less about their 1:6 properties (though I couldn't care less about pants).

If they don't care, then why all the effort into th unique things coming up in the SW line like IG-88, if they didn't explore stuff like that I might agree, but why waste all that on something you don't care about.

Back