1/6 SSC 1/6 Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a replacement body to use on Harley, choices are limited and prices are high in the UK, this 'Very Cool' body was the best price I could find, I basically had to do a ton of work to get it to fit though, not a great choice, legs don't move like the Sideshow did, and none of the parts are compatible with Sideshow 1/6 figures, had to drill in the sideshow foot and wrist pegs, and dremel the neck post and Sideshow torso to make it fit as it's better than the one that comes with the very cool body. In the end I used the Sideshow rubber parts (boobs and butt), hope they don't melt through this one....
Harley1.jpgHarley2.jpg14513882.jpg

Nice job, she looks good. I like to customize figures so what you did here I usually have to do for all my customs. :lol

Thanks OutLander, I'm happy she's standing again as I love this figure, I can see they appeal of customising but for the price of these things we shouldn't have to.

What really makes me mad is that it's not like these are the first 1/6 scale figures ever made. I have Joes and CA figures in my collection that I've owned for 50 years, and there are no disintegrating bodies or joints (HT and SS) or disintegrating suits (HT and Medi.) All of my figures, with a few exceptions are loose, and displayed in open cases.

Ladies and gents, quite simply, we are being played. These companies are charging premium prices for so-called "premium" figures that are made in sweatshops, and manufactured of the cheapest materials possible.

Absolutely! They're taking advantage of comic culture being at it's peak and charging crazy money with the prices seemingly rising all the time, I buy maybe 3 or 4 a year, because they are fantastic, but they shouldn't be falling apart, I've had the zip fall off Kylo Ren (as it looks like everyone has), Harley fall apart, and had to return Batman because the symbol on his chest was bubbling and peeling off, I know they're expensive to manufacture from start to finish but yes when old toys don't fall apart these really should not. I own 9, 3 of which have had problems.

I cam to this forum and made an account to look into the body replacement for Harley so I thought I'd throw in my own experiences.
I bought the figure secondhand after the pelvis had all shattered and just recently 'peeled' the costume off. I ordered a Play Toy medium bust body as a replacement. I can't remember if this is one of the bodies recommended previously but I got it for a good price and it looks pretty good. When it comes in I'll take some pictures and update my post.

Is it reasonable to assume that with all of the extra pegs she came with to fit into her shoes and hands that I would be able to attach those onto the new body to make things go on pretty seamlessly? We will see, like I said I'll keep this updated.

Thanks for everyone's help so far too, especially with how to unstitch her costume.

I fixed mine using the Phicen s10D body. The Harley head needed heating to fit on the peg but there were no issues. I also needed to use pliers to remove the socket from inside the shoes, and then trimmed down the arched Phicen feet so I could glue them inside. All in all, an extremely easy job for a massive improvement.

After buying this figure last year i was thrilled as it was my first 1/6 scale figure!
I noticed that the hands fell off easily but other than that i had no other issues, and after a few poses i left her in a fairly vanilla pose for a few months at a time.

It wasn't until i checked this forum for the first time today that i realised that people were having issues with breakage around the legs and such, i checked my figure and sure enough after moving her leg only once, it snapped right out of the socket!

At first i wasn't too worried, i mean she's been in vanilla pose for so long it wouldn't really matter if she had a dangly leg because i wouldn't notice it, but then i found a little black dot, which looked like a stain on the red section of her waist, i rushed back to the forums and read a post saying that the black plastic, when disintegrating could stain the red suit because of some black powder in the plastic or something?
So i've now undone the suit and taken out the body completely. (In doing this her other leg snapped off too, which was lovely) and the plastic looks awfully cheap, and nasty. I mean barbies are probably made out of stronger stuff. which is really disheartening seeing as in Australia i had to spend $250 on this figure.

Ive been researched replacement bodies all afternoon, and I'm hoping i can come up with a solution, but I'm just wondering does anyone know if there any chance of a refund from sideshow? should i bother?

I'm sorry to all of the other people on here that have had this same experience!

I've told people to swap with playtoy 2.0 body since you can swap out boobs easy for head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen some of you had issues with the suit. It's not going to be right away but since I was planning to replace Harley's body suit with one that looks better I guess I could offer to make replacement suits with remaining fabric. It won't be until January though got to many other people projects. But the snags in suits and the red diamonds on suit are turning black which is pissing me off. Sideshow royally bollocks this figure up. The playtoy body is amazing for her.

If your on Facebook just look for gwendydd. I'm so rarely on freaks.

Sad you guys have to do all this work on a high end figure. No excuse for this. Sad figures from the 60's and 70's are holding up better than these Sideshow, Medicom, and Hot Toys.

Such a shame. Beautiful figure, really is/was/could have been. I have mine in a lockable curio and haven't moved her in months but I know she has started to deteriorate. I am afraid that I do not have the skills to competently change the body and have a high end finish so I choose to keep my fingers crossed.

Such a shame. Beautiful figure, really is/was/could have been. I have mine in a lockable curio and haven't moved her in months but I know she has started to deteriorate. I am afraid that I do not have the skills to competently change the body and have a high end finish so I choose to keep my fingers crossed.

You just need a playtoy body you'll be swapping the rubber chests. If you pay shipping I could do it for you.

Anyone have this and has no issues with body ?

I have two Harley's and a SS Catwoman and I haven't had problems with any of them. It should be noted, however, that they've been sitting in a display case in the same pose for 2 years without anyone touching them. It could be that bodies are a liquefied gooey mess under the costumes, but as of right now ignorance is bliss.

Back