1/6 SSC 1/6 Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I ordered her and was wondering if you were going to still have the shoes? Also, what melts on her?

The parts don't melt they crumble. The entire crotch crumbles. And some people reported the shoulder cup for arm post crumbles.
You'll know it's crumbling when you pose her and black powder comes out of costume. That means any time it will go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So no feet? Fooled me. Yeah, the female superhero bodies are smaller than your typical SSC figure yet the Medi 52 and Hush Supes figures are bigger than the SSC comic Superman. Go figure.

I used putty like museum putty. You could also fill the small booties with epoxi putty and just use ankle post to insert to create the post hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, are you still making the shoes? I would really like them! Do you think D.C. Direct Harley shoes will work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2d90a6ad0bf434d66c612c25ac3b4823.jpg

So, Harley is here! Do you think she'd be fine if I just do not move her leg joint? Really happy with her

I would recommend you keep an eye on it. What's causing the breakdown is the reaction between the plastic and glue. If it was just brittle plastic posing it once and leaving it alone would most likely solve the problem. However, the reaction between the plastic and glue causes the plastic to melt and ooze. The ooze will stain the outfit and taking the outfit off requires some effort.
Not all the Harleys fell apart, could be how the glue was applied. Yours might be one of those, but to be safe feel for broken pieces inside the outfit every so often.

Thanks! Her legs are very stiff but it could be because I'm being too gentle with them, just going to move her upper body and knees. Her joint on her waist will not budge, and her left arm will only go up so high at the shoulder then it falls down. Also there is glue on her costume as you can see in this image. Too scared to move her legs. Switched the stand crotch grabber thingy because of how it flys out.
715ca4eb3560385005d1752d82cb4487.jpg

Got her second hand on eBay with the knife for retail so pretty good. Hopefully hot toys Harley Quinn won't have any breaking parts. How can you tell if the legs are good before bending them?

Also don't know if the corset should go or not. Could I loosen it and pull it up instead of down like most people? Don't want to break the legs.

You could feel for loose plastic, but you probably won't really be able to tell if she's broken until you move the legs. It sucks that you have to be so gentle with this figure, but it is what it is. I bought mine used and got a really good deal because she was broken and it was starting to stain the outfit. Changing the body was a no brainer. To remove the corset you could loosen it enough to slide it up over her head. It would be easier to slide it down her legs. I would go down the legs.

Thanks, not sure yet about posing her too much or removing the corset. Scared after hearing all of the horror stories on here! Plus I'm not very good at sewing, so I'll just stick to keeping her legs straight lol. Her legs are really stiff, I tried to use some force right after my last comment, and its really stuck. Just have to be careful with her! If I remove the corset I'll post a pic or two of how it works out. The strap hides the glue stain though so I'm not sure...

She's a great figure sans the body. It's a shame really.

I don't sew either, but Groovy helped out with plenty of info on how to get it done. You should be okay if the time comes for you to change the body. I was saddened when I had to remove the corset because I could not for the life of me get that nice knot it came with.

She really is, and I'm really glad to pick her up. Sadly her needle is broken which the seller mentioned, but I was just glad to get her. Hopefully she'll hold up! Do you know if groovy is still making the jester shoes for Harley?

Swapped min with a HT Rey body. Now she ain't the same height as Joker. Could us bigger bewbs. As for the SS body, any part that touched the rubber chest and waist had melting parts. Baroness who shipped at the same time and uses the same body was in pristine shape, no melting.

20065613_854951317989886_7750220875919523840_n.jpg

My Harley is fine for now but glue IS oh her left shoulder and her costume is stuck to it. Not going to touch her legs. Yeah I would definitely want to use a hot toys body because they are most of the time very poseable. Harley's twist in her waist is solid and will not move! Is this because of glue or melting? Her bust can move but her waist will absolutely not give at all!

Back