1/6 SSC 1/6 Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least you're learning things as you go.

Recasted Medicom boots sounds interesting :naughty

Yea since plastacine grabs impresions made on it's surface and casts them i will use sideshow harleys ankle post to create a hole and cast the booties. that way when their cast it all a person needs to do is paint and pop in place.

Well soon i will pick up some more resin and mold suplies and make a set from my boots.

got mine on friday. took some pics over the weekend

IMG_20140412_195329_zpscf97f683.jpg

IMG_20140412_200912_zps764b2abb.jpg

DSCN2629_zpsf9147d7b.jpg

DSCN2631_zpsd3a58c20.jpg

DSCN2632_zps60090cc1.jpg

this one i found a random rubber chicken and i had to take this picture
IMG_20140414_102002_zps9b706c92.jpg

Yea since plastacine grabs impresions made on it's surface and casts them i will use sideshow harleys ankle post to create a hole and cast the booties. that way when their cast it all a person needs to do is paint and pop in place.

you should expiriment with dying the resin, or just outright buying pre-colored resin in red and black. Being molded in that color would, I THINK be better overall. Especialy for shoes.

Recasting is lame

I get that for the overall, but for people who want harley's classic boots do you think paying 200 bucks for a pair of boots and toss the medicom figure is a smart use of money. Just a thought.

I was going to recast just boots,cuffs and maybe collar(that one is tricky) as a set for $35-$50 Since those are the only good parts to use. especially if you want a classic harley. and i would only do it for a small amt like 10. unlike recasters that make there casting career on recasts.

I am looking at custom color resin that is softer more flexible, since her boots and collar are flexible. I know there are color powders i can add to clear resin to fill with a color so i will be getting that in red and black. as for white i can get resin in white so no need to dye.

Last edited:
I know how you guys feel, when i bought hush Harley I thought god she is a huge disappointment and bought the sideshow and was like She looks alot better.. then i started looking at both of them but didn't have the courage to bash them together until i saw someone do it. Now the medicom is just junk because i took the only parts that was cool about her off and put it on sideshows.

Then I got to think it's a shame people will have to spend almost 350-500 bucks just to have one complete harley which is why i thought about potentially just making copies and selling them to cost my fellow bashers less money. I hate recast personally myself and wouldnt condone it unless there was a better solution. Im still goint to sculpt a new set of bootfeet because the point on those boots is not sharp but close to original.

will do I don't get out of school this semester until middle of may then I can have time to cast them. I found a source for dyes and flexable resin. but if it won't work with it would you guys be upset with regular resin because the clear cast takes dye better.

I decided to sell my exclusive Harley figure. anybody interested. if so then pm me. not asking any price outrageous or anything. I still have her box and its in wonderful condition and she has all her things. shes been kept in a disclosed display since I got her and im her first owner. only US shipping please. serious offers only, I need her gone asap so I can pay my back flex pay for her PF...lmfao

Hey guys been doing some research and will be buying stuff to make the boots hope your ok with a more rignid plastic for boots one type is pure black resin and the other i can add collorant to. Im getting some mold stuff tomorrow and will take a cast in may for those interested in boots,cuffs again not sure i can duplicate the collar piece but i will give it a go in a prop flexable resin.

This figure is sitting at my local comic book store.... I have almost picked it up twice now... Only a matter of time I suppose I am weak.

Back