SSC 1:6 Bespin Luke Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It worked out well, either cuz of your screen or the camera, when I do shots in front of the monitor it looks ok but the color and all is muted in the background image.

I'd say it was probably the screen as the camera is shocking I had to photoshop the levels - brightness/contrast, depixelate and use unsharp mask the entire image to bring it up this well :monkey1

Got my second yesterday. Went with this pose cause I wanted to use the splint.

IMG_5389.jpg

Thanks JB! I really couldn't decide which way I wanted to go with it so I bought a second using some money from one of my aunts. Great shots by you as well. I like the photoshop work. :D

Got this figure for Christmas, Awesome. I think it is the best Sideshow release so far as far as headsculpt and accuracy. The biggest plus is that we finally have a non-oversized head. The ANH Leia head is so big when I saw it in the store I decided to pass on the entire figure.

The One detraction was as I took it out of the box on Christmas day his gun snapped in half at the barrel. That was a bit disapointing but I contacted Sideshow and I"m waiting on a response back from them.

All in all I think if Sideshow follows this figure now as what to do-the oversized head and ill fitting clothes could be a thing of the past.

Got this figure for Christmas, Awesome. I think it is the best Sideshow release so far as far as headsculpt and accuracy. The biggest plus is that we finally have a non-oversized head. The ANH Leia head is so big when I saw it in the store I decided to pass on the entire figure.

This has already been discussed to death, but I have ANH Leia and it's clear that the head is, if anything, a bit smaller than most other Sideshow heads. If it looks big, it's because of the hair buns and I don't think there's anything that can be done about that. You can't make a human head smaller to accommodate the hairstyle.

Here is a picture of my two figures side by side. They are as close to being the same distance from the camera as I could make them. (The Leia is my repaint and not the factory version). I drew red lines to show the boundaries of Leia's face and then superimposed lines of the same length over the same places on Luke's face. As you can see, the width is essentially identical, and Luke's face is actually a bit longer than Leia's. ANH Leia is far from a perfect figure, but I think it gets a bad rap in terms of head size.

leia_headsize1.jpg

leia_headsize2.jpg

Has anyone tried using smaller hands on this figure yet ? There were some smaller hands available - the Bond series had some . I'd love to see how it looks.

Has anyone tried using smaller hands on this figure yet ? There were some smaller hands available - the Bond series had some . I'd love to see how it looks.

The old SSC hands (Bond etc.) aren't any smaller the Star Wars ones, except for the massive "force wield" open left hand.

I don't think theres anything wrong with the head.. it's that terrible body you guys call the buck.

I'll never understand what's wrong with the Buck. I've never had any problems getting the poses I want, and it feels just as nice to me as a Hot Toys or Medicom body. Oh well, different strokes for different folks I guess. :rolleyes:

I'll never understand what's wrong with the Buck. I've never had any problems getting the poses I want, and it feels just as nice to me as a Hot Toys or Medicom body. Oh well, different strokes for different folks I guess. :rolleyes:

Wow thats just insane.The buck is like a barbie doll body compared to those others.

I think these two pics from dedguy sum it up perfectly.

Buck
collection403.jpg

HT body
kroenen-new07.png

Neither pose is that impressive. I dont think much effort was put into the buck body and the HT body makes him look like some fruity ballet dancer. :lol

But those two poses are entirely different, and the Hot Toys one has different boots with movement at the ankles, so the comparison isn't perfect.

For myself, having handled both, I really find the difference to be pretty minimal. I do think the HT looks better in tight clothing--especially in the lower half of the torso. But for flexibility I find little to sway me one way or the other. I know, I'm nuts, but I'll tell you one thing--I have a lot less to get upset about whenever I get a new Sideshow figure. :cool:

But those two poses are entirely different, and the Hot Toys one has different boots with movement at the ankles, so the comparison isn't perfect.
The poses may not be indentical but both are intended to be dynamic, and the HT just looks a lot more natural. The boots are a moot point, as the Buck body lacks ball-jointed ankles to take advantage of their flexibility.

I agree hot toys body looks better.In fact I would say Sideshows body kinda suck in 2008.

Back