SSC 1:6 Bespin Luke Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well have issues with My luke also which I havent posted till now. Besides the the Pistol being bent (and broke while trying the hairdryer thing) his pants were put on backwards. This wasnt so much of big deal as I can fix myself. But the biggest issue I have now is he has A pretty visible HOLE in side of his neck.

I wasnt planning on posting all this, but since you said people mostly only post when things are wrong, I figure I better speak for the ppl that stay quiet even if they have a problem.

Recieved my replacement Luke from SSC. His right wrist is still loose, but not as bad as my last one. The paint is considerably better, but still has a bit of paint slop, but overall I am one happy camper with this great figure.

But the biggest issue I have now is he has A pretty visible HOLE in side of his neck.

I wasnt planning on posting all this, but since you said people mostly only post when things are wrong, I figure I better speak for the ppl that stay quiet even if they have a problem.

Hole? That's strange. Post some pics of it please.

002ij5.jpg

Man, I noticed the pocket placement on these are very random. Some have the left side pocket closer to the edge while other are farther. And some have the right side pocket longer than the lefts. Some are off center and other's are perfectly sized and placed.

Man, I noticed the pocket placement on these are very random. Some have the left side pocket closer to the edge while other are farther. And some have the right side pocket longer than the lefts. Some are off center and other's are perfectly sized and placed.

Just substitute the word boob for pocket and this becomes a very funny post :lol

Man, I noticed the boob placement on these are very random. Some have the left side boob closer to the edge while others are farther. And some have the right side boob longer than the left. Some are off center and other's are perfectly sized and placed.
Mmmmmm.....

Fingers crossed mine is in the mail

Same here, my replacement's due 12/20. I just hope the base body is tighter in the wrists to make the whole effort of sending it back worth my while, and hopefully the paint apps are equal or better to what I sent back or I might end up kicking myself for bothering.

Well, I hope you have better luck with yours.

I just got this email abut my replacements replacement.

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to contact our Returns Department. We understand that you wish to return your 12” Luke Bespin Excl. for an exchange, however currently we do not have available replacements and will return your figure for a full refund. We ask that you follow the instructions below.

I emailed SSC about just sending me a replacement jacket (with the sleeves sewn correctly) and i'll have Les fix the shoddy paint apps.Still waiting to hear back.You would think they would at least offer me a regular Luke (since they are still selling him on their site) not just a refund.That's why I buy direct so they can take care of these kind of issues.Are the days of them standing behind their product that have flaws coming to an end?

:huh

Well I imagine they only have so many extras set aside for replacement. I would contact them about exchanging for a regular and you just keep the exclusive item, I don't see why they couldn't do that and if you don't care about the box then you're golden.

I sent my Luke back for a replacement as well. His upper elbow joints would not bend at all. I tried using a hair dryer to loosen them but no luck. His gun was also bent but not that bad. Hopefully the new one wont have any of the other problems I have read about. Mine was an exclusive version so hopefully they have another exclusive. If you have an exclusive they should tell you to keep the box and exclusive accessories and then just send out a regular edition.

Well, today's the day, Luke should be waiting for me when I get home, hopefully both the issues I sent him back over and the issues others have reported are absent. I'll be opening the box like Charlie looking for Wonka's Golden Ticket, is he ok....is he....

Hopefully I can cap that off with, HE IS.

Well, got my replacement Luke, looks fine and all, but the wrist is even worse than the last one :monkey2 Great figure all around, but lots of small issues throughout the customer base, a bit troubling.

Sideshow is sending me out a new jacket. :cool:

I just wanted to report a positive outcome on that.

I didn't notice on the other ones, but there is really is a lot of depth to his noggin and odd shaped right eyeball . :monkey1

Hopefully the master of paints can work his magic on this to make it less noticable. :monkey5

I decided to do a little work Luke so I shrank his clothes a bit to make them more form fitting.

I also tightened up his belt by punching a hole in between the two silver buttons by the metal ring(which actually makes his belt a bit closer to film accurate:D).

Then I dirtied up his duds using the picture below as a reference for his arrival on Cloud City.

Last edited:
Back