1/6 SSC 1:6 Batman - Gotham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC BATMAN Gotham Knight

I'm sure it's a straight up repaint of the first batman figure only with a long ear cowl and new face. Prolly will include the cowls of the first release.

That Medicom sculpt is perfect (never thought Id say anything by them was perfect). The SS DC 1/6 line seems to have the same guy sculpting all the faces, he has a unique recognizable style but I don't think its working for this line.

Glad to see a black/grey version but that HS is horrible. Can't wait to see what else is included because there's no way I'm buying it with just that HS.

I hope the heads are slightly smaller. Would also like to see them use the superman body for him.

I hope the heads are slightly smaller. Would also like to see them use the superman body for him.

Completely agree, smaller body like the Jim Lee look.
Plus I think it would go well with the Superman, that's out now.
Then the next Sups should have more of the Miller vibe to go with the first Bat

Yikes. Looks like they took Kelley Jones Batman... and made me like it even less.

Sallah

Black and gray Bats has never been my favorite but if this looks good when proper photos surface I'll snag it.

I'm really hoping this is a straight up re-paint with that head being a extra they added in. The only thing that kept me from buying the first one was the color scheme. If this is a black and grey version of that one I'm planning on getting Joker to go with him. Please let this be the case Sideshow!

Looks like I might be the only one, but I like the new sculpt. I always loved long ears on Batman and I liked when he was drawn looking sort of weird and monsterish. Like others said - it has a Kelley Jones vibe. The first version is a fantastic figure, so I expect this will be too.

I like the long ears. But I hate that faceplate and the others that came with the first release. Those faceplates made a good figure, become a bad figure. The coloring of them was the biggest problem. Mine looks like he is sea sick with the green they put on them.

I don't even want to think about what Bruce Wayne looks like under that mask.

I've got a pretty good idea. :wink1:

Attachments

• gran-torino-clint-eastwood.jpg
    gran-torino-clint-eastwood.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 364

I worry that sideshow is getting ADD like DC comics did with dc direct. If I was sideshow doing the grey and black. I'd make 3 different sculpts. And give him a different belt and accessories to make it a buy not a pass for those who wanted black and gray. If they are using the tall ears is focus on a vintage approach to sculpt. Then a short ear and a long ear but they need to be a different sculpt from the blue and gray.

I think with removing flash from coming soon I think they canceled him. Not sure about lantern

I worry that sideshow is getting ADD like DC comics did with dc direct. If I was sideshow doing the grey and black. I'd make 3 different sculpts. And give him a different belt and accessories to make it a buy not a pass for those who wanted black and gray. If they are using the tall ears is focus on a vintage approach to sculpt. Then a short ear and a long ear but they need to be a different sculpt from the blue and gray.

I think with removing flash from coming soon I think they canceled him. Not sure about lantern

They would be stupid to cancel the Flash. They paid all that money for the DC license to just have a Batman line, ....oh wait, it is Sideshow, never mind.

Aw crap, for a split second there I thought it was the Kelley Jones Batman because of the ears. Darn.

Back