1/6 SSC 1:6 Batman - Gotham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC BATMAN Gotham Knight

There are way too many other DC figures I'd like to see before a variant is released. Do you think this may a Comic-Con exclusive?

I wasn't all that impressed with Sideshow's first 1/6th Batman and this doesn't appeal to me much either. I like Batman's cowl best with mid-sized ears, not too long or too short. I also sort of wish that rather than just re-using the same figure from the looks of it that we'd get a slightly different look.

I think the preorder for this is coming next week so probably not a CC EX.

I'm down for that. I missed their first mostly cause I wasn't too happy with the baby powder blue they used.

But I hope someone makes a better head so I can replace that ugly mug. :lol

Sideshow Bruce Wayne must be a hideous looking playboy....maybe they're going for 100 year old Hef

I'm down for that. I missed their first mostly cause I wasn't too happy with the baby powder blue they used.

But I hope someone makes a better head so I can replace that ugly mug. :lol

Or you can buy a head from the first one to replace this one and repaint it. It's not a much better option, but its better than this one.

Sideshow Bruce Wayne must be a hideous looking playboy....maybe they're going for 100 year old Hef

It's not even a mean looking scowl, it's a frown, that or he had a tiny glimpse of the ark of the covenant.

giphy.gif

Or you can buy a head from the first one to replace this one and repaint it. It's not a much better option, but its better than this one.

But knowing sideshow and their cheap tactics, they're going to give us the same head sets with mouth options from their first bats but painted differently? That's what I'm going to say.

At minimum, a new different mouth.

But knowing sideshow and their cheap tactics, they're going to give us the same head sets with mouth options from their first bats but painted differently? That's what I'm going to say.

At minimum, a new different mouth.

Well, i'ts a whole new head with a crappy mouth sculpt and a different chest logo. That should be about it.

Man, this was a great opportunity to do a little bit less of a stylized sculpt and they instead dialed it up to 11. I think artistic interpretation is totally fine, and I encourage it, but they are damning themselves by not giving collectors a decent alternative head that fits in with other lines (or like, the character in general). I was waiting for a variant after the blue figure because of the heads and the blue accents w/o the yellow logo, but I apparently wished on a monkey paw or something. Bitter-sweet.

Oh the hate.... I think the black/grey variant was expected, and I would think there will be several heads just like the previous one. The previous one is not powder blue, it just looks that way with the flash. I'm wondering if they will have different accessories. I think the grapple gun on the first one is far too big, he'd never carry it...

I don't understand...don't they know Batman is supposed to have a nose?

If someone Photoshopped that cowl off and added a nose where it must logically be underneath based on that head sculpt, he would look like a mutant.

Oh the hate.... I think the black/grey variant was expected, and I would think there will be several heads just like the previous one. The previous one is not powder blue, it just looks that way with the flash. I'm wondering if they will have different accessories. I think the grapple gun on the first one is far too big, he'd never carry it...

But so soon?

If i was sideshow i would scale back those ears a bit and the expression is not helping this figure. if they gave him a different belt that would help distinguish him and different accessories.

Now if there aiming for the 40's batman than that is fine but the belt is all wrong as well as color scheme1356392-detective_comics___035_00.jpg

last time i checked all black and grey batman had the short ears.

unless there aiming for anniversary comic 27
3303085-4364774225-image.jpg

if so the costume again is all wrong

Last edited:

But so soon?

Absolutely. I'm pretty sure, like others have suspected, they released the blue/grey one first because they know the black/grey is more popular. If they had released the black first, they wouldn't have had as many buyers for the blue (personally, I wanted a blue one).
Even though it has it's faults, for the most part, the blue one was received really well, many say it's one of the best figures they've made. They need to capitalize on that and get people buying the black one while the momentum is there. I'm sure there is concern about the Arkham City HT Batman, or even the Medicom ones...

Back