SS wait list

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nanokiller

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guy's. How long does it take to start contacting people that are on the wait list? I have been on the wait list for the Hulk PF for a while and that thing has been out for more than a year or so and it still has a wait list. How does this work? Do you sell the returned ones? I don't think you take returnes from a year ago. Or do you guy's have some in the back and are making us suffer a while longer.:monkey2

There can be a lot of wait list fulfillments at the time an item begins to ship, because of last minute cancellations and credit card declines. That frees up some pieces to those on the wait list.

After the initial shipping period has passed, there is still a chance that your wait list order might come through. I would imagine that after the 30 day return window for all orders has passed, any pieces that were being held back for returns or replacements could potentially be freed up, allowing for a wait list order to be converted. And there are times when they find a few boxes in the warehouse long after an item has shipped, and that can also lead to happy wait list customers. (Although this probably isn't an intentional process of meaking people sweat it out--they really do just find them sitting on the shelves in the back next to the crate with the lost ark.)

I have personally had some good luck with the wait list in the past, getting such items as the Exclusive Han Solo PF, the exclusive Iron Man Comiquette and the Exclusive X-Men VS. Sentinel diorama--all three of those orders were converted after the items had already been shipping for a while. There have been many other examples of wait list orders for long sold out items being converted, so there is always hope!

The newsletter each week will tell you if any particular wait lists are being closed. Once that happens, you are officially out of luck, but until then, you can always have a little hope. For example, I still have a wait list order for the Treebeard bust sitting in my account. Until the wait list is closed and your unfulfilled request gets cancelled, you shouldn't give up.

... and sometimes they just forget to adjust the product page on the site from Waitlist to SoldOut

Im tempted to go get on the Hellboy Samaritan waitlist again. :lol

Thanks for boosting up my hopes guy's. I was tempted to cancell my wait list reservation, but maybe their is still hope. I am going to pray every night from now on:angelsmil (until I get it):D

I am going to pray every night from now on:angelsmil (until I get it):D

buddyjesus-41418.jpg

You should never cancel a wait list order. When there is absolutely no more chance, they will cancel it for you. Until then, there is always hope. (Even if it's just a fool's hope...)

if you are really lucky they will close your waitlist and send you an email saying there is no possible way that any will be found in the warehouse and then two months later spooktacular comes around and they just happen to find one of the items in the warehouse and they give it away as a contest. this happened to me twice.:monkey2:monkey2

if you are really lucky they will close your waitlist and send you an email saying there is no possible way that any will be found in the warehouse and then two months later spooktacular comes around and they just happen to find one of the items in the warehouse and they give it away as a contest. this happened to me twice.:monkey2:monkey2

That would suck balls.:monkey2

I received an e-mail on the Dec 21st notifying me that they had one Samaritan in the warehouse and was available on a first come, first served basis. I was too late. :monkey2

... and sometimes they just forget to adjust the product page on the site from Waitlist to SoldOut

Im tempted to go get on the Hellboy Samaritan waitlist again. :lol

I received an e-mail on the Dec 21st notifying me that they had one Samaritan in the warehouse and was available on a first come, first served basis. I was too late. :monkey2

Ugh, that SUCKS...

If only they had a Wait List for the Right Hand of Doom... :(

Man, I don't want that happening to me. Would probably punch myself in the face.

Youre kidding me right?
Ive been on that waitlist and I received no email .. :monkey1

when did that wait list start? the wait list i am on has been active for more than a year. Don't know how long I can wait. Tempted to buy on on ebay.:banghead

I've been on the wait list since 9/23/05. I felt like I was punched in the stomach when I missed out on it. I responded 45 mins. after I received the e-mail on the 21st.

Sounds familiar... happened to me also. TWICE! Yes, Sideshow GIVES joy, but they also take it away...

The two times that I have been on the wait list for items, I came up empty on both.

Back