SS v. BBTS (pros and cons - shipping, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried to combine shipping from SS?

I am planning to order 2 in-stock Hot Toys figures to Turkey but system does not automatically combine shipping.

I have bought about 26 figures from SS and have always been pleased with the experience. NRDs have never been an issue for me as I have never cancelled an order. The customer service and available payment plan have made SS a solid go to for me on most occasions. I have used BBTS several times and never had an issue with them it is just that I prefer SS.
However, Time Walker was mentioned before so I will throw them into this comment. I have recently purchased several figures from them and they are great to work with. Their prices are reasonable and their customer service is great. They were friendly and professional every time I have spoken to someone for any reason. You can also make payment arrangements with them if you want to as well which is great, I will be using them again in the future without a doubt! I currently have Rescue and Miles Morales (video game) on pre order with them and I have zero regrets.

Timewalker is my favorite store for Hot Toys. It's unfortunate that their allocations (as with most every other retailer) are severely limited by Sideshow.

Awesome people to work with and excellent customer service.

Sideshow also has decent customer service, though sometimes it can be a miss. They need to reevaluate some of their practices though, since they're so hell bent on trying to get as many people as possible to buy from them directly.

Whatever the deal is with them shipping out figures to people without shippers that seem previously opened needs to stop. Whoever okayed that idea is very shortsighted.

Don’t know if this has been mentioned, but if you cancel something that you put in your Pile of Loot at BBTS, you get a store credit for the full price with no penalty. This is after paying, and leaving it there for over 7 days (before 7, you receive a direct refund). That’s awesome.

Does any other online retailer offer such a generous cancellation policy? I mean, on top of deferred shipping and $4 flat rate?

Eh.. the BBTS $4 flat rate shipping is deceiving in my opinion. Their list price for a lot of pre-orders is more than other places and then you still pay for shipping. Kind of why I stopped using them.

Eh.. the BBTS $4 flat rate shipping is deceiving in my opinion. Their list price for a lot of pre-orders is more than other places and then you still pay for shipping. Kind of why I stopped using them.
They used to be the same price as elsewhere but they stopped doing that about 3 years ago. Probably to offset their cheap shipping. I also have not seen them put older items out there at a cheaper price with the "+$XXX" store credit either. Still, I go to them for non-Hot Toys items as I like that cheaper shipping and non ridiculous tax (Sideshow...get the EFF out of California so you don't have to charge ridiculously for tax and shipping!).

It is true they bake in the cost of the cheap shipping into their prices. Entertainment Earth’s free shipping over their threshold makes them the better value.

Especially since I don’t qualify for $4 shipping as I’m not in the CONUS. But BBTS does still discount the total shipping cost to me in the end, offering better shipping rates than anywhere else for which I’m grateful.

If I build up a significant pile of loot at retail prices, and it only costs me $4 to ship, I’m content.

Back