SS, Number the 1:1 Iron Man bust!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sideshow please delete this useless thread and have the member who created it banned from buying your products.

yours truly,
nash

IMO a statue of this caliber should be numbered, I also have one of these on the
way and I'm a little disapointed that SS is not going to number them.
Without a number it just doesnt feel like a limited edition.
If this is going to be a big seller SS should just make the edition size bigger 3000, 4000
whateva' just number them please.

Whats the problem, sideshow is showing this piece
as LE 1500. Am I missing something? I just wish
sideshow would hurry up & release it.

What I find interesting is that this edition size of 1500 is more than the combined edition sizes of the other four Marvel 1:1 busts (1200 Total).

Huh? What's your problem?

nothing, just thought it was a useless thread so I made a useless post. :D

What I find interesting is that this edition size of 1500 is more than the combined edition sizes of the other four Marvel 1:1 busts (1200 Total).

I think theyre banking on the success of the movie to drive people to purchasing this one. Even though I dont see it happening as most casual fans of the movie won't shell out $600 for a 1:1 bust.

If the ES is set to 1500 and they number them, they won't produce more and carry on with 1501.. What the hell are you talking about? :lol

edition sizes are set for 12" figures as well. Maybe they should number those too? :lol

I agree geto. Firstly this piece was announced as an Open Edition which meant no ES should have been announced in the first place (example SS/Weta Aragorn) and therefore no numbers on the base were necessary.

But SS have changed the goal posts on this one and announced an ES of 1500. Therefore the pieces should be numbered to make recasting the piece more difficult.

The OPs request is not unreasonable and the immature responses are not helping.

12'' and a $600 1:1 bust are a huge difference. For $600 people prefer it to be numbered. :D

I agree geto. Firstly this piece was announced as an Open Edition which meant no ES should have been announced in the first place (example SS/Weta Aragorn) and therefore no numbers on the base were necessary.

But SS have changed the goal posts on this one and announced an ES of 1500. Therefore the pieces should be numbered to make recasting the piece more difficult.

The OPs request is not unreasonable and the immature responses are not helping.

Just wanted to chime in again. I can't see why requesting numbered bases for this piece is so outrageous. :confused: If there's no ES, then there's no need to number it. HOWEVER, there is an edition side. Therefore, it should be numbered in my opinion. Why is this so unreasonable? I agree with Geto10 and Bullseye. :lecture

I've inquired about this, and it appears that the base art has been printed for quite sometime, before it was decided to limit the number of pieces being manufactured. Please rest assured that Sideshow is NOT trying to trick you by making 15,000 instead of 1500. In fact, as of right now (barring future cancellations) we have taken more orders than we can fulfill, which is why the piece is now Sold Out on our site! :duff

Sideshow:

Get10 and BullsEye have a point here.

Look it, you guys have done a fantastic job recapturing the collector because you have paid attention to great sculpts, put them in their own shipping box, did away with stupid COA, made reasonable ES numbers from 250 to 2000 (not 6000 like some other companies) and yes, you NUMBERED the bases!!

If you do not number the bases, along WITH the outside of the Collectors boxes, in my opinion you are taking a step backwards.

Sideshow has set a new standard in collecting that has us collectors believing in you and what you do.

No number on the base and the collectors box puts you back. I know I would NOT buy it for that reason alone.

I've inquired about this, and it appears that the base art has been printed for quite sometime, before it was decided to limit the number of pieces being manufactured.

Well then just please number those 1500 copies. It's 1:1, it's SWS, it's an expensive item. Not numbering it just makes no sense!!!

Sideshow Dusty, I know SS would NEVER not number an item to decide to make more later. That is simply not SS style.

Neither is not numbering something like this. This is what is so concerning. You have a high bar set, and it just seem like SS is making a compromise on something they KNOW better than to do.

I mean what next, are you going to start including COAs?

Ok, so the bases were done before numbering. Look at this as an opportunity to completely hand number the bases, making it even more special.

Take it back to Dusty SS. If you don't number, it is a step in the wrong direction. Not that I will do this, but why not just by a cheap imitation? It isn't numbered either.

No number on the base and the collectors box puts you back. I know I would NOT buy it for that reason alone.

You serious dude?
I don't think it's necessaryfor them to number the base IMO, as taking them back to the factory specifically just to write numbers on the bases will take time and i don't want to wait for this bust anymore. Re-numbering the bases might even require changing the printed felt at the bottm which means more cost for SS. And shipping the, back and forth would also add further cost and more likely chance of damages to the busts.
So SS, if they are all good to go please ship them out to retailers first:D

Of course I am serious.

The most important reason to number them has been left out (forgot it).

Number a collectable like SS gives it a serial number, an official designation to adhere to the license and track (ok, I use the track one loosely) from SS who it was sold to.

Im with Verified.Just start shipping it out already.We all know it s limited.Stick your own number on it if you want to show off to your freinds but do nt delay it anymore.

Of course I am serious.

The most important reason to number them has been left out (forgot it).

Number a collectable like SS gives it a serial number, an official designation to adhere to the license and track (ok, I use the track one loosely) from SS who it was sold to.

They didn't forget it dude.:confused:
Marvel sticked their as$ in at the last minute at said that the bust HAD to have an ES. It was produced with the intention of being an open edition.

Back