SS EPII Obi Wan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Who's waiting for an Episode II Obi Wan?

Cant log on to the site, so Homer was wrong?

Since all those other websites aren't offering him until December I can't imagine it being announced any earlier than that. My opinion is it will be an early December PPO.

At first the prospect that this might be a variant with a re-used sculpt turned me off, but I look at the General figure as a complement to the Sith Anakin, so that one being a variant as well makes it easier to accept.

I know. Convoluted, but there it is. Consider him ordered.

Jedi robes AOTC Obi Wan is a must.

I think I'll be building a Zam Wessel assassin droid to ride.

wow it looks pretty nice! When is SS taking orders??

Looks like very different hands than we've gotten before, so I think he's on the Prometheus.

WooHoo!! I'm in for this one!!

Very nice, I'd say it's legit. Only thought, the boots seem short and fat for some reason. Actually the whole figure seem short.

I dunno bud... it looks just like your custom, but with better boots.
The tunic looks exactly like the ROTS Obi... I may just stick with your custom recipe. (I already bought all the parts!)
Maybe if Toy Anxiety parts out the boots, I'll grab a pair...

I dunno bud... it looks just like your custom, but with better boots.
The tunic looks exactly like the ROTS Obi... I may just stick with your custom recipe. (I already bought all the parts!)
Maybe if Toy Anxiety parts out the boots, I'll grab a pair...

Well one thing i like better than my kitbash is the tunic looks thicker than ROTS, which would be good. While ROTS is perfect for the texture, it coudl stand to be a bit thicker. Could just be the pose. Not having a Prometheus figure yet, can't compare how Obi-Wan made with that compared to the True Type I'm using would look. And the boots should look a bit thinner and better than mine, I'm using so-so Hasbro boots. I'm glad there's a significant distinction between his white undershirt and the tunic though, that's key.

Well one thing i like better than my kitbash is the tunic looks thicker than ROTS, which would be good. While ROTS is perfect for the texture, it coudl stand to be a bit thicker. Could just be the pose. Not having a Prometheus figure yet, can't compare how Obi-Wan made with that compared to the True Type I'm using would look. And the boots should look a bit thinner and better than mine, I'm using so-so Hasbro boots. I'm glad there's a significant distinction between his white undershirt and the tunic though, that's key.

Is it just me or does the Tunic not look as cream coloured as the ROTS one and hence is more accurate to AOTC. BTW i think he looks pretty good but would like to see some cool accessories with him.

Is it just me or does the Tunic not look as cream coloured as the ROTS one and hence is more accurate to AOTC. BTW i think he looks pretty good but would like to see some cool accessories with him.

Well, the ROTS figure from SSC is almost white, very subtle off white. This AOTC costume looks more tan kinda. The AOTC tunic looks grey at times or a bit offwhite on a tan side. What matters most is that the white under^^^^ stands out as it did in the films and it does, plus SSC photos are usually pretty bright.

I'm curious to see if the head is the same hand painted proto head as Clone Obi-Wan, if so it'd suggest this was prototyped long ago before a production head from Clonobi was available. The image confirms that it's legit though, so even if it's just a pre-order in Decemeber and not shipping for a bit, they have made the figure.

So if it's using that head it can't be on the buck right? I should be down for one of these, no way am i posing it with a cloak though :)

That's where seeing the head better comes into play. Trev's original sculpt had a neck, presumably for a Buck based AOTC figure and likely the armor and armor body reached a point where once the AOTC portrait was ready, SSC said hey, let's do CW General Kenobi and retooled the head for the armor and Prometheus neck setup. So, this AOTC figure COULD be a Buck figure, need a better look at the neck and head to confirm what body it's on.

Back