SS EPII Obi Wan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Who's waiting for an Episode II Obi Wan?

Looking at that image, it seems like the neck runs into the head naturally, not separate.

I see 3 scenarios.

1) Buck Body with sculpted neck
2) Prometheus body with 2 joint neck
3) Prometheus body with adapter for sculpted necks

My first guess is that it has the neck and head sculpted as one. Second, its on the buck. Third, we'll see AOTC Anakin on black and white friday.

I almost have to get this guy to go with my Jango.

Good guesses as well.^

Looking at that image, it seems like the neck runs into the head naturally, not separate.

I see 3 scenarios.

1) Buck Body with sculpted neck
2) Prometheus body with 2 joint neck
3) Prometheus body with adapter for sculpted necks

Don't forget about the Buck with the 2-piece neck, like Sideshow's earlier characters (Frankenstein's Monster). That could also account for the different hands too.

Still think its the buck. Look at the way the arms are posed. Most of my jedi figures can be posed that way which shows the elbow joint where it is in the picture and the length of the forearm looks very similar. Not sure if they are new hands, maybe painted better ?

Still think its the buck. Look at the way the arms are posed. Most of my jedi figures have the elbow joint where it is in the picture and the length of the forearm looks identical. Not sure if they are new hands, maybe painted better ?

Well, it sure doesn't look like that forcepush monkey paw they pack all the guys with. Frankenstein's Monster had the hands on pegs that inserted into the forearm and were more in scale, not the socket ones on the current Buck. So that might also be why they look different.

The Gandalf hands are indeed painted different so maybe thats it.

/shrug

I'm just glad we got confirmation that this thing exists! The ship date of December 2008 is still surprising to me. I've never known SS to announce a product and ship it a month later (that is, if they announce it on Black Friday - which I expect they will). I guess considering this is pretty much a kitbash (except for the boots and maybe the tunic), it's probably not that hard to get together and ship out. I hope we see ATOC Anakin sometime soon and eventually TPM Obi also!

Consider it a variant and it makes sense. The only thing new are the boots. They just ordered more of the ROTS robes, but hopefully in a darker color or else mine will be swimming in some coffee.

Looks like the Buck to me based on the head and neck. Either way I'm all over this one.

Hopefully Dooku is not far behind.

And then AOTC Anakin with human arm and gold robotic arm.

Consider it a variant and it makes sense. The only thing new are the boots. They just ordered more of the ROTS robes, but hopefully in a darker color or else mine will be swimming in some coffee.

I don't know, the tunic looks like it's a thicker material than the ROTS costume.

Still, it's a fairly basic variant. As for Dooku or AOTC Anakin, I'm not sure on that one, hopefully though, would be nice. Doubt SSC would make it, but the car they chase Zam in would be cool to have in 1/6.

What I mean is, they have already developed the pattern for the robes, all they need to do is input the fabric of their choice. It seems they have done the same thing as they did with Anakin and Sith Apprentice Anakin, in changing the fabric but retaining the same pattern.

Really want to see AOTC Anakin and Dooku. I think it's time for a new Anakin sculpt (Cough Trevor Grove cough). I can't imagine how insane a Dooku would look. Christopher Lee has such a distinctive old man face, and we all know SS knows how to nail old men. Not in the dirty way of course.

Looks like very different hands than we've gotten before, so I think he's on the Prometheus.

WooHoo!! I'm in for this one!!

I think it will be a Buck. I feel bad saying this but I think I can spot the 'money arm' (right arm) under the robe. Futhermore the pricing seems more likely to be that of a Buck.

Very nice, I'd say it's legit. Only thought, the boots seem short and fat for some reason. Actually the whole figure seem short.

Don't think this is a false alarm, SimplyToys is the authorised Sideshow dealer in Singapore.:)

Last edited:

What I mean is, they have already developed the pattern for the robes, all they need to do is input the fabric of their choice. It seems they have done the same thing as they did with Anakin and Sith Apprentice Anakin, in changing the fabric but retaining the same pattern.

Oh, gotcha. Totally agree, They've got a perfect pattern for PT Obi-Wan's tunic, just a matter of cutting more fabric to it. If it's a figure on the Pro, I wonder if they'd have to change the pattern for the tunic or the undershirt based on the different anatomy shape, course that could make a case for putting this figure on the Buck, to save having to change patterns.

Really want to see AOTC Anakin and Dooku. I think it's time for a new Anakin sculpt (Cough Trevor Grove cough). I can't imagine how insane a Dooku would look. Christopher Lee has such a distinctive old man face, and we all know SS knows how to nail old men. Not in the dirty way of course.

I am hoping for AOTC Ani. I would like to add it to my 12" Sideshow collection:

ROTS Ani, ROTS Vader, ANH Vader (pre-order), TESB Vader (Hurricane: coming soon :naughty).

Back