Statue SS Conan the Barbarian Fury of the Beast Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I like the black better.... to me the shade of white/grey they used on the other version almost makes it look like an unpainted prototype in the pics (exaggeration for emphasis of course).

I was on the horn with Sideshow today and spoke to William who is handling all the Conan issues. He was very helpful to me and will be replacing my broken base. I checked out all the other pieces on my Conan and there are no other issues including the casting holes mentioned by dr.banner.
William is going to ship out the base today and no later then tomorrow in a styro insert that SS will create for it so I expect it to arrive with no damage since it will be a much more manageable package. He was willing to replace the entire thing but I decided to go with just replacing the base specifically to make the package more manageable with less of a chance for damage..
Hopefully I will be posting pics next week.

Last edited:
Use some clear gloss to touch up the mouth, eyes and wounds on the ape.
Makes a difference and looks better.
That peg is big so hopefully it'll do it's job for the long haul with no issues.
It really is a great piece.

Mine actually came with quite a bit of gloss already on the wounds and mouth, but the eyes look like bone dry billiard *****. Seems to be a good bit of variation in finishes.

I was on the horn with Sideshow today and spoke to William who is handling all the Conan issues. He was very helpful to me and will be replacing my broken base. I checked out all the other pieces on my Conan and there are no other issues including the casting holes mentioned by dr.banner.
William is going to ship out the base today and no later then tomorrow in a styro insert that SS will create for it so I expect it to arrive with no damage since it will be a much more manageable package. He was willing to replace the entire thing but I decided to go with just replacing the base specifically to make the package more manageable with less of a chance for damage..
Hopefully I will be posting pics next week.

Great to hear Sideshow are taking care of you so well !

“It was a gray ape, one of the grisly man-eaters from the forests that wave on the mountainous eastern shores of the Sea of Vilayet. Half mythical and altogether horrible, these apes were the goblins of Hyborian legendry, and were in reality ogres of the natural world, cannibals and murderers of the nighted forests.

He knew it scented his presence, for it was coming swiftly now, rolling its barrel-like body rapidly along on its short, mighty, bowed legs. He cast a quick glance up the long stair, but knew that the thing would be on his back before he could mount to the distant door. He chose to meet it face to face.”

The Hour of the Dragon - Robert E. Howard

Sorry to hear that Ex Parrot. Mine arrived broken too. The break point is where Conan's arm is attached to the ape. The arm broke in two on mine. The ape and Conan really should have been shipped as two separate pieces that connect by magnet or pins. Where was yours broken?

Thanks, and likewise sorry to hear about yours too. And everyone else who got a damaged one.

Anyway mine broke at the exact same place as yours did. As you said, it really should have been two separate pieces. That's just too much of a stress point during shipping, I think.

What worries me now is the odds on getting a replacement that arrives in any better condition than this one has. Especially during the end of year rush when the delivery people will be rushed off their feet to try and get things moving as fast as possible. Feeling rather pessimistic about the whole thing, which sucks, because in person it's an amazing looking piece (minus the damage).

Just charging my camera battery now so I can take some detailed pics and start the whole process with Sideshow...

EDIT - photos taken, email to sideshow sent. Now back to waiting...

Last edited:
Thanks, and likewise sorry to hear about yours too. And everyone else who got a damaged one.

Anyway mine broke at the exact same place as yours did. As you said, it really should have been two separate pieces. That's just too much of a stress point during shipping, I think.

What worries me now is the odds on getting a replacement that arrives in any better condition than this one has. Especially during the end of year rush when the delivery people will be rushed off their feet to try and get things moving as fast as possible. Feeling rather pessimistic about the whole thing, which sucks, because in person it's an amazing looking piece (minus the damage).

Just charging my camera battery now so I can take some detailed pics and start the whole process with Sideshow...

EDIT - photos taken, email to sideshow sent. Now back to waiting...

Thanks. This is exactly why I am returning mine for a refund. I have been down the replacement road many times over the years and more times then not I either trade one issue for another on the replacement or receive a replacement that overall has worse paint apps then my original piece. I would rather avoid all that hassle and just get a refund and move on. It's a great looking piece but not something I can't live without.

Good luck with your replacement. Hopefully you will get a keeper.

Thanks for the scale shots! That helps a lot. I want to get this but I just cant justify the cost right now... Not with Batman and Superman on the way as well as Planet Hulk.... I would just wait but it's the black one that I like better..... Perhaps Santa will be extra nice this year.

Some random pics showing scale against 1/6 and PF figures along with a couple of detail shots.

I hope they put some cushioning between the statue and styro before they ship the white ones so we won't have the same problem as the black

Back