Statue SS Conan the Barbarian Fury of the Beast Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? I didn't know that. I was using it because the shipping fee was a lot better then USPS. Bottom line is that it's getting impossible to ship international.

Global shipping from ebay is customs - you still charge shipping and then they add customs charges on the value of the sale, its basically ebay acting like UPS. Ebay is becoming to big and they just keep figureing out more ways to collect money off sellers.

I know its easy to use - though has become i feel more complex in the last couple of years - but ebay just irks me with their rules and fees. They own paypal as well so they ding u everywhere.

Why do you say its getting impossible to ship international? Im amazed at how many US sellers say shipping to Canada is tough, i have no problems shipping to the US. We are neighbours lol. I think bad buyers / sellers have ruined most of how easy it use to be.

It you were to display it on a pedestal it can be looked at from almost any angle. Some pieces work better that way. We're so fixated on shelves and display cases, unfortunately that's probably what works for most people.

This piece will be amazing - its vey large and i dont feel a book shelf is what he should be placed on - i would suggest something more open

It you were to display it on a pedestal it can be looked at from almost any angle. Some pieces work better that way. We're so fixated on shelves and display cases, unfortunately that's probably what works for most people.

If you have the room to be able to do that, and can get a good 360 of it, yeah that would be ideal.
If you can't do that (and I can't) then I don't see how you can not end up being somewhat frustrated with it in the long run.

I'm going to be slightly envious when the first pics start rolling in.
But I have to remember there was a good reason I passed on it initially.
That what I was trying to articulate (and remember) when I see people wonder why what looks to be such a high value/low ES piece still hasn't sold out.

If you have the room to be able to do that, and can get a good 360 of it, yeah that would be ideal.
If you can't do that (and I can't) then I don't see how you can not end up being somewhat frustrated with it in the long run.

I'm going to be slightly envious when the first pics start rolling in.
But I have to remember there was a good reason I passed on it initially.
That what I was trying to articulate (and remember) when I see people wonder why what looks to be such a high value/low ES piece still hasn't sold out.

I thought this would be a quick sell out but maybe due to a couple of reasons. Conan is a bit of a smaller market compaired to Marvel and DC. And with the variety of Conan pieces currently available from Sideshow, ARH, and Quarantine studios. All the pieces available now being $500 and up other than Q.S. Conan Conan collectors are spread thin.

I thought this would be a quick sell out but maybe due to a couple of reasons. Conan is a bit of a smaller market compaired to Marvel and DC. And with the variety of Conan pieces currently available from Sideshow, ARH, and Quarantine studios. All the pieces available now being $500 and up other than Q.S. Conan Conan collectors are spread thin.

The other Conan dio sat around for a bit after release too

This piece will be amazing - its vey large and i dont feel a book shelf is what he should be placed on - i would suggest something more open

This ^

I have a large lazy Susan on a pedestal waiting for this.

$47.78 shipping to NY.

Why do you say its getting impossible to ship international?

Meaning to say, "impossible to find the international buyer good shipping rates for large pieces".

Last edited:

As a Conan fan I'm in heaven. Getting every single one! :blissy

Alright brother it's always nice to see fans of a specific character happy. I thought about picking up all of them but decided to just get the sideshow trio.

It's been a long wait for a new Conan db and then four at the same time. FANtastic!

Tell me about it. International shipping prices from Sideshow seem to be back to where they were in the bad old days, as least as far as shipping to Australia goes. This will cost me $115 odd US, while the new Batman PF is set to be a staggering $136!

As a comparison, the newest Elvira PF (with heavy Coffin base) cost just under $64 to ship back in march, while other PF's for me have been between $60 and $80 over the last couple of years, depending on weight and box size.

At this rate I shudder to think what the Conan and Red Sonja PF's are going to cost just for shipping by the time they hit late next year. I'm already highly selective, but with the jumps in item price and the jumps in shipping, next year might be time to close out my collecting full stop.

They should set up a base in china and ship Asia and Europe from there.Straight from the factories.

Back