Statue SS Conan the Barbarian Fury of the Beast Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing is huge though.

The shipping for my Medicom Gizmo is $40 and he is only 9" tall. I spoke to a SS rep and she has confirmed that the shipping rates have all gone up thanks to Fedex increasing their prices. A Hot toys 12" figure now ships for $40 so I guess the shipping rate being the same for this piece isn't so bad...

I feel this will be a sleeper hit specially the ex people just have not figured out what an amazing sculpt this is troy hit it out of the park with this one especially conans face and how it captures the barbaric nature of Conan i think it's An amazing diorama and once we have some in hand pics there will be alot of people feeling sorry because they didn't order it can't wait to get it :)

:)View attachment 69234

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel this will be a sleeper hit specially the ex people just have not figured out what an amazing sculpt this is troy hit it out of the park with this one especially conans face and how it captures the barbaric nature of Conan i think it's An amazing diorama and once we have some in hand pics there will be alot of people feeling sorry because they didn't order it can't wait to get it :)

:)View attachment 69234

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats one looooooong phrase there.:wave

How are you guys thinking of displaying it. me personally will be with the dagger that way when you go in the room and you see it on the shelf your expression will be "by crom!!!! Conan is taking that huge beast down with only a dagger"
:)

How are you guys thinking of displaying it. me personally will be with the dagger that way when you go in the room and you see it on the shelf your expression will be "by crom!!!! Conan is taking that huge beast down with only a dagger"

I'm gonna display him with the axe in a bookcase over top of all my Conan graphic novels and books. In the middle will be this Dio and on top of the dio on the highest shelf will be some McFarlane figures. And on top of the case will be the ARH Dio.

The shipping for my Medicom Gizmo is $40 and he is only 9" tall. I spoke to a SS rep and she has confirmed that the shipping rates have all gone up thanks to Fedex increasing their prices. A Hot toys 12" figure now ships for $40 so I guess the shipping rate being the same for this piece isn't so bad...

I really do not like Fedex - i hate any company that automatically charges duty for customs - if items go USPS - its about 50% of the time ill get charged duty, plus fedex usa will charge handling fees and then fedex canada charges their handling fee - i wont ever buy if UPS is involved they are even worse.

Ok im venting - dont even get me started on Ebays charges lately - they charge 10% fee on my shipping charge :gah: - ok ok calming down

I really do not like Fedex - i hate any company that automatically charges duty for customs - if items go USPS - its about 50% of the time ill get charged duty, plus fedex usa will charge handling fees and then fedex canada charges their handling fee - i wont ever buy if UPS is involved they are even worse.

Ok im venting - dont even get me started on Ebays charges lately - they charge 10% fee on my shipping charge :gah: - ok ok calming down

I know what you mean their fees are getting insane makes selling on eBay horrible you basically have to lose money on almost everything you sell if you didn't pay the original price

Shipping is getting problematic everywhere. The financially troubled USPS is starting to adopt some of the business models of the more successful shippers like UPS and Fedex. They are now charging DIM weight where they have never charged before and they have decreased the total for DIM measurements on Priority Mail International. Because of that measurement decrease you are forced to ship large packages Global Express and those prices are insane. I have been using ebay's global shipping program to ship my large boxes internationally lately.

I'll alternate my display between the axe and dagger. :joy

Shipping is getting problematic everywhere. The financially troubled USPS is starting to adopt some of the business models of the more successful shippers like UPS and Fedex. They are now charging DIM weight where they have never charged before and they have decreased the total for DIM measurements on Priority Mail International. Because of that measurement decrease you are forced to ship large packages Global Express and those prices are insane. I have been using ebay's global shipping program to ship my large boxes internationally lately.

I wont buy from anyone who uses ebays global shipping - they automatically collect customs fees, which i feel is unfair. :(

I wont buy from anyone who uses ebays global shipping - they automatically collect customs fees, which i feel is unfair. :(

Really? I didn't know that. I was using it because the shipping fee was a lot better then USPS. Bottom line is that it's getting impossible to ship international.

I'm sure the in-hand pics will impress and people will get a better sense of the size of the thing, and that sales will pick up.
Hard to say how much though since we are running up into the holidays, and not many people are going to bedropping $500 on themselves with all the anticipated bills this time of the year brings.
The remaining units might linger for a while into January.

I have The Prize and I love it. Up until Galactus hit, it was my favorite SS statue by a wide margin. Knowing the concept of this one, I was betting this would be a sure buy for me.

But every time I look at the pics, I struggle with the composition. It's not just that the Ape figure is so dominant and Conan relegated to almost an accessory. Because of the way Troy composed the action, it's almost impossible to display this in a such a way as to showcase the wonderful job he did with Conan's face AND at the same time see much of his body as well.
To me, this piece is a great illustration of the whole seeming to be less than the sum of it's parts. Everything taken on it's own is incredible and nearly beyond reproach. But when everything is fitted together, unless you are going to put it on a (huge) lazy susan and frequently keep turning it, or in a case with a mirrored back, there is almost no angle available where you immediately get the full impact of both figures in the scene.
And to really get the best appreciation of the Conan figure, you would have to display it from behind- and completely ignore the impact of the Ape head and scars.

I have no doubt it will feel epic when people get it in house. And it looks like a good value piece when you take into account size for the price. I just wish more thought had been given early on as to how to express the same or similar action while having Conan be in a more dominant position, in more angles.

Last edited:
Back