Statue SS Conan the Barbarian Fury of the Beast Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sure? I know Thak from Rogues in the House was described that way that's why he wanted to be like the Red Priest. I kinda remember Conan thinking that the Haunter was a Grey Vilayet ape that Xaltotan must have captured.

I'll go check to make sure. I'll take a picture too

More pics...
tuqeja3u.jpg
puha3e5u.jpg
puqyma8a.jpg

Wow!! :thud: What a fantastic action piece. There is nothing absolutely wrong with the design of Conan being on the back, it looks great. :clap

I agree. I also find this is better displayed a little low on a table rather than a shelf. Allows you to see more of this diorama.

I the three weapons options but just love displaying him fighting with the dagger.

Reminds me of Good Will Hunting and his reason for picking the wrench; "cus fu€% him!"

So BAMF...

I the three weapons options but just love displaying him fighting with the dagger.

Reminds me of Good Will Hunting and his reason for picking the wrench; "cus fu€% him!"

So BAMF...

I'll switch the display between the dagger and axe.

Agreed - but i believe this piece will be hard to come by in a few years

I think this one follows The Prize in more than just artistic style. People will have a reasonable window to pick it up, but once it's gone, latecomers are going to pay (literally) for delaying.

As far as the basis for the design, there doesn't seem to be a specific inspiration from REH or the comics beyond "Conan fought a fair number of giant apes in the stories, let's portray him battling a really big one"

Last edited:
Cool. Apparently I still have some brain cells left. :lol
When is your statue being delivered T?

My last payment is scheduled for next week. But I'm in a dilemma because we are trying to sell this house and I'm not sure if I should take it out the box or not. Yea right, I'm taking it out the box :)

Why isn't Conan in front of the Ape? Because he isn't a dumb a**!

Got my shipping notice reinforcing my boxer shorts for delivery :lecture

Can wait a few days longer and drool over the excellent pics and reviews from you all :hi5:

This is gonna be a hard Conan to top. It's gonna be a hard dio to top. It has its flaws but to me, the flaw makes the story it tells perfect. Is that comment too artsy lol.

Great statue and the in hand pics look great!
But there are a lot of comments here about it later being a grail?
I think people are fooling themselves if they think this will escalate as rapidly as The Prize did.

a) There was a real Conan drought and The Prize easily stood out above everything else at the time.

b) People go nuts for half naked women statues. Look at any thread where one is involved and a good percentage of buyers are buying without even reading/watching the material.
....its not just Conan that caused the price escalation on Prize :D

c) The next 2 years is the time of Conan! Rage PF and ARH Sacrifice mean there will now be 3 amazing pieces out in the same 12month time frame meaning ....unless people REALLY love gorillas, I doubt they will pay a fortune on ebay for this.
(and ARH have already said that more Conan is to come including Arnie!)

As I said though, definitely an awesome and imposing piece!

So BAMF...

I actually think the dagger looks the most dangerous.
The larger weapons look like Conan is going to have trouble swinging with any accuracy while the ape thrashes (not saying the statue looks awkward) .... but when I see it posed with the dagger I just think, 'well that ape is f*%&ed' :yess:

Great statue and the in hand pics look great!
But there are a lot of comments here about it later being a grail?
I think people are fooling themselves if they think this will escalate as rapidly as The Prize did.

a) There was a real Conan drought and The Prize easily stood out above everything else at the time.

b) People go nuts for half naked women statues. Look at any thread where one is involved and a good percentage of buyers are buying without even reading/watching the material.
....its not just Conan that caused the price escalation on Prize :D

c) The next 2 years is the time of Conan! Rage PF and ARH Sacrifice mean there will now be 3 amazing pieces out in the same 12month time frame meaning ....unless people REALLY love gorillas, I doubt they will pay a fortune on ebay for this.
(and ARH have already said that more Conan is to come including Arnie!)

As I said though, definitely an awesome and imposing piece!

The ARH conan sacrifice will be more sought after in the future.

Back