Statue SS Conan the Barbarian Fury of the Beast Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only remember him fighting two, the Vilayet Grey Ape in Iron Shadows in the Moon and the Haunter of the pits in Conan the Conqueror. I think that was a Vilayet Grey Ape also?
good job on remembering those two...Damn you guys are gonna make me read some REH stuff again...some of it after 35-40 years..lol...I do believe there was another Ape he fought as well but in my older age it escapes me for the moment

Last edited:
When this was revealed I couldn't decide which looked color better. I went with the Ex because I usually do. It appears to be such a great piece that no matter the color it will please. Someone did mention that the color white can be problematic with paint apps so I am curious to see the white one. As far as people getting both, congrats. I wish I had the extra space.

good job on remembering those two...Damn you guy are gonna make me read some REH stuff again...some of it after 35-40 years..lol...I do believe there was another Ape he fought as well but in my older age it escapes me for the moment

Haha! I just reread all the REH Conan stories in the past five weeks (broken ankle has me cooped up) and it was just those two from the original stories. There may be more in the many stories other authors have written but I don't remember for sure either.

Who says it is even based on thst comic?

It seems to be a cross from the Haunter of the pit and Iron Shadows of the moon.

I had took some pics previously.
yzequmut.jpg

sydasaja.jpg

Yet on the front of the box he fights a white ape.

lol didnt see that since I only saw the pics/vids.

anyway, he actually fought a black ape in the comics but I dont recall him fighting white one, that makes it more accurate to me :p

I only remember him fighting two, the Vilayet Grey Ape in Iron Shadows in the Moon and the Haunter of the pits in Conan the Conqueror. I think that was a Vilayet Grey Ape also?

:slap I just remembered he also fought Thak in rogues in the house. The print is right here staring me in the face. :slap

:slap I just remembered he also fought Thak in rogues in the house. The print is right here staring me in the face. :slap

The haunter in the pit was supposed to be another race that were pretty intelligent. The beast from the Iron Shadows was more or less an ape.

The haunter in the pit was supposed to be another race that were pretty intelligent. The beast from the Iron Shadows was more or less an ape.

You sure? I know Thak from Rogues in the House was described that way that's why he wanted to be like the Red Priest. I kinda remember Conan thinking that the Haunter was a Grey Vilayet ape that Xaltotan must have captured.

Back