SS Carnage PF (1/4 scale statue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whyyyyyy can't SS just find a better place to do their work. I mean I get my Jango and while I had fitment issues they fixed that but the statue itself was supremely fantastic as well as my Voltron. As far as QC thankfully the majority of my stuff was fine.

With that said it's not everyone that gets lucky lol I mean do no other companies have problems or just not as often?

Does anyone really know for example if say Prime 1 has their own people doing all their work while SS has who doing it?

It's like they have to get multiple companies to cover all the work so you get some good pieces then a junker.

SS puts out too many products and because of that, their QC issues are much worse than other companies. No company is perfect, but they simply have less issues and don't cut as many corners as SS does. This has been a problem for years, it's nothing new, but with insane prices, it's not worth the risk anymore to me.

SS puts out too many products and because of that, their QC issues are much worse than other companies. No company is perfect, but they simply have less issues and don't cut as many corners as SS does. This has been a problem for years, it's nothing new, but with insane prices, it's not worth the risk anymore to me.

exactly I use to order 10-12 pieces a year from ssc. with increased prices and dollar exchange I have only ordered two in the last two years, and one isn't even theirs...Prime's spidey. Just got tired of the don't give a **** attitude from ssc and the usual "we checked all out stock and have nothing better for you" response. oh heres a $25-40 credit for you.....lol.
Getting my spidey pieces from XM and I'm selling everything else and I'm done with this hobby before the crash comes..

I agree with you 100%.

As for P1 doing carnage SS ES is relatively low and so is XM and they advent sold out. I don't know if P1 will to be honest

exactly I use to order 10-12 pieces a year from ssc. with increased prices and dollar exchange I have only ordered two in the last two years, and one isn't even theirs...Prime's spidey. Just got tired of the don't give a **** attitude from ssc and the usual "we checked all out stock and have nothing better for you" response. oh heres a $25-40 credit for you.....lol.
Getting my spidey pieces from XM and I'm selling everything else and I'm done with this hobby before the crash comes..

Before the crash lol, you get those hats of tin whole sale?

You mean your only going to keep XM statues in your collection?

Before the crash lol, you get those hats of tin whole sale?

It's pretty rare when newer pieces can be sold for what you paid for them. I see so many items on boards not selling at all. I believe there are more products being made than newer collectors being made. At this rate, something has to give with inflated pricing. Grails may never be affected by this, but newer pieces with large edition sizes will continue to stick around for long periods of time, making it harder for people to sell statues to make room for newer ones. It then becomes a point where people will want to stop losing their hard earned money on these things......

You mean your only going to keep XM statues in your collection?

It's pretty rare when newer pieces can be sold for what you paid for them. I see so many items on boards not selling at all. I believe there are more products being made than newer collectors being made. At this rate, something has to give with inflated pricing. Grails may never be affected by this, but newer pieces with large edition sizes will continue to stick around for long periods of time, making it harder for people to sell statues to make room for newer ones. It then becomes a point where people will want to stop losing their hard earned money on these things......

A crash wont happen even then.

A crash wont happen even then.

ok, you keep telling yourself that....I've seen so many pieces that use to sell for triple or more than retail now that nobody wants....if you look at the amount of pieces being produced by companies now and once bowen starts up again the supply is going to eventually out weigh the demand...
Difference now is that instead of $300 pieces most are pushing $1000. It's not hard to see whats coming down the road..

XM spidey pieces and most ssc spidey pieces from past years. Also have all the hulk pieces but room constraints have me thinking of sell them off as well.

yea, I don't plan on ordering any SS statues, maybe ever again, but they are still a great distributor, so I will prolly get the Prime Spiderman line and prints and such, but that's it.

ok, you keep telling yourself that....I've seen so many pieces that use to sell for triple or more than retail now that nobody wants....if you look at the amount of pieces being produced by companies now and once bowen starts up again the supply is going to eventually out weigh the demand...
Difference now is that instead of $300 pieces most are pushing $1000. It's not hard to see whats coming down the road..

So whats the crash? Your saying people will stop buying? You are crazy this is a luxury hobby people already buy the same character again and again. Who cares if your purchase retains value or not? Your statement is about the aftermarket and the aftermarket dictates nothing in terms of what major companies are doing in this hobby. Get outta here with your doomsaying

It definitely is super hard to sell statues nowdays. Even at a loss.

So whats the crash? Your saying people will stop buying? You are crazy this is a luxury hobby people already buy the same character again and again. Who cares if your purchase retains value or not? Your statement is about the aftermarket and the aftermarket dictates nothing in terms of what major companies are doing in this hobby. Get outta here with your doomsaying

seems to be spoken by someone that has to much invested in the luxury hobby, take a chill pill man. It's my opinion and obviously the opinion of many others on here as there certainly is a trend for items that are bought at retail rarely bring that price again, ....so yeah I would call that a trend and a bubble in the aftermarket...If you want to turn your nose up at that trend then power to you. keep spending your money on this luxury hobby.

My opinon and others the seem to agree with it is just that an opinion...If you don't like it then to bad. block me and don't read my posts. either that or just suck it up and agree to disagree....lol

seems to be spoken by someone that has to much invested in the luxury hobby, take a chill pill man. It's my opinion and obviously the opinion of many others on here as there certainly is a trend for items that are bought at retail rarely bring that price again, ....so yeah I would call that a trend and a bubble in the aftermarket...If you want to turn your nose up at that trend then power to you. keep spending your money on this luxury hobby.

My opinon and others the seem to agree with it is just that an opinion…If you don't like it then to bad. block me and don't read my posts. either that or just suck it up and agree to disagree....lol

Take your own advice? everything you said about opinion I can say as well, You speak yours be prepared for others to speak theirs. LOL

Wow, couple thread has gotten so serious... relax people =)

Take your own advice? everything you said about opinion I can say as well, You speak yours be prepared for others to speak theirs. LOL

lmao...ok. I have to go buy my tin hats...

doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming...doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....doomsday is coming.......doomsday is coming....

Last edited:
Another few landed over at SF. One with no reported issues, and then this one.

"I'm a bit late to the party, but just received my Ex Carnage and thought I'd share a few observations.

1. QC issues aplenty on my statue. The hands don't completely attach to the body; paint app is uneven; statue is covered in a thick layer of dust; tendrils are partially unpainted, cracked, or are discolored (almost white) possibly due to heat or stress. I know others have mentioned QC issues, but this one seems to be particularly bad. I'd be surprised if others had this many problems, and I'm inclined to think that I just got an especially rough statue.

2. When I first took the statue out of the box, my impression was that it looked a bit dark. In natural light, it looks like sort of a brownish-red hue and it just seemed a bit... flat overall. When you photograph the statue or set it up properly in a lighted display, though, it looks fairly vibrant (though slightly red-orange and not straight red).

3. From a normal viewing distance, you can't really see the QC issues. Even with the issues, I think the sculpt looks great and he compliments Spiderman nicely IMO.

Initially, the QC soured me a bit and I thought about returning it. After putting him under lighting and next to Spiderman to get a feel for how he'd display, though, I think he's a keeper. Just need to cross my fingers that I can run an exchange for a statue without the defects."

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back