SS Boba Fett Bronze Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SquiderM3

Super Freak
Reaction score
Got this beauty this recently....absolutely speechless. For a bronze statue, the details are remarkable and very crisp. Can't stop looking at it....here are the pics.

Bronze Boba Fett

DSC_1593.jpg

DSC_1591.jpg

DSC_1576.jpg

DSC_1597.jpg

DSC_1575.jpg

DSC_1582.jpg

DSC_1589.jpg

DSC_1596.jpg

Saw these pics on Statue Forum. Pretty impressive, even if I don't think it's worth the price personally. Sounds like Gruson got a bad one though. I don't know what I would do if my $5000 statue arrived with a wave antenna and marks on the face. :monkey4 :emperor

That was a bit of bad luck for Gruson but he has nothing to worry about...SS's customer service is second to none. They've taken care of every damaged piece I've received and I'm sure it'll be no different especially for this one. Dawn at SS has kept us posted throughout the entire purchase process from pre-order to now and she'll take care of any mishaps I'm sure.

I

HATE

YOU!!!

j/k :D

Seriously beautiful piece. Absolutely stunning. Love the Vader too...

...I'm sooooo jealous, I could cry...

...yep, cry...

Congrats! :emperor

Squid's PICs are well done as usual!

Mine arrived in perfect shape, #32, as the statue was wrapped in yards of cellophane and extra styrofoam around the jet backpack and blaster arm as well. Was surprised that the rangefinder was not separate, but actually welded in place and finished as one complete statue.

The statue is well packaged though the styrofoam probably needs to be thicker in the bottom holding the 2" thick/12" round marble base as some folks have reported base breakage/chips.

I was very impressed with the amount of detail for a ~1/4 scale bronze statue and the incredible patina finish.

The edition number is engraved on the bottom of the jet backpack. Sideshow also included a COA showing the casting number signed by Tom Gilliland.

Thanks to the Sideshow team for making this fantastic bronze piece of art!

I can't figure out why there aren't more people into this line. :lol

Any ideas who will be next?

Stormtrooper - iconic, but a non-character.

R2 & 3PO - not out of the question, but they should be kept separately!

Yoda, ESB - like R2, he may be one of the more economical bronzes due to its diminutive size. Very iconic, a popular choice for the bronze treatment, as seen in the Lucas studios.

Obi-Wan - he would have to be sculpted in a manner that his robes don't obscure too much of the figure. He needs a lightsaber, and a perfect likeness.

Luke, Leia, and Han are about as likely as Obi-Wan, if at all.

That's about it. Forget the PT.

I can't figure out why there aren't more people into this line. :lol

Any ideas who will be next?

Stormtrooper - iconic, but a non-character.

R2 & 3PO - not out of the question, but they should be kept separately!

Yoda, ESB - like R2, he may be one of the more economical bronzes due to its diminutive size. Very iconic, a popular choice for the bronze treatment, as seen in the Lucas studios.

Obi-Wan - he would have to be sculpted in a manner that his robes don't obscure too much of the figure. He needs a lightsaber, and a perfect likeness.

Luke, Leia, and Han are about as likely as Obi-Wan, if at all.

That's about it. Forget the PT.

A Stormtrooper would make for the perfect trio. Human characters, as always, I would avoid unless they get the likeness dead on. For the cost of these bronzes, I would accept no less.

Bring on the Stormtrooper!

Stormtrooper is definitely first on my wish list but an R2 and a C3P0 would complete this line for me. Hopefully next SDCC will bring another.

Congratulations on a wonderful addition to your collection. The Boba Fett is simply amazing, and I don't have adequete words to describe how great the figure looks. Your photography is fantastic as well!

Sorry to hijack your thread...

However, I just have one question about this piece which has piqued my interest. There seems to be one available on ebay for less than what the retail should be for its edition number which apparently is #70. I'm just wondering how that edition number is already out there when the preorder page on Sideshow still shows the range of 31-40 as the current selling phase.

If any of you can shed light on this, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

:D

It certainly is a superb looking piece, but I just refuse to fork out that much cash for a statue, even if it is bronze. Congrats though to whoever has this, it's a beauty.

Back