Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hate ironman because of all the love he gets which i feel pushes other stuff aside collectibles wise, but damn, that pak variant looks great!
This is the case for Hot Toys and really American based collectibles actually. I've noticed Japan, he doesn't really get much in the way of priority. The variant does look nice, but I don't like the paint.

Batman BEyond, what?

The other figures are great, oh man.

yeah
NYCC-2014-Play-Arts-Kai-DC-011.jpg

Hay guys a question
Are the Wonder Woman, Superman, Aquaman and Green Lantern any good when you have them in hand, they look **** from the photos? I am thinking of getting into this line, while waiting for the new Mortal Kombat Statues and toys

Yes I have them..... there are stands that come with them... clear plastic ones with adjustable height on the waist grabber
I think they look great.... with the exception of Batman they are a little light on accessories(Wonder Woman has no sword :cuss:)
I wouldnt say theres much difference between the prototype versions(photos) and the actual production figures.... you really have to be a fan of the designs to like them.

Batgirl is my favourite so far...

Cheers Brainiac, saw the new stuff coming and was considering them to add to my collection. May just stick to MK and maybe that new Death Dealer from Arh :pray:
just waiting to see if they approve my kidney for cash offer lol

I'm not all that fond of the designs. But they do make a good display together as JLA. And I actually like the stands. Easy to use, and very reliable. Adjustable to suit your needs.

And you can actually use decals on them.

I'm not all that fond of the designs. But they do make a good display together as JLA. And I actually like the stands. Easy to use, and very reliable. Adjustable to suit your needs.

And you can actually use decals on them.
JLA was what i was thinking 2. But with Eaglemoss DC Comics Fact Files coming out soon, i know they will do the Special figures for JL so i may just go that way, god Im looking at around $1200-1400 NZD after shipping and exchange for Death Dealer or Scorpion 1/3 lol. And then i have no idea where either or both will go lol

JLA was what i was thinking 2. But with Eaglemoss DC Comics Fact Files coming out soon, i know they will do the Special figures for JL so i may just go that way, god Im looking at around $1200-1400 NZD after shipping and exchange for Death Dealer or Scorpion 1/3 lol. And then i have no idea where either or both will go lol
Lol. You don't really need a TV, bookshelf OR a bed do you? You can always sleep on the floor lol

And yeah, Brainiac is right. You really have to love the designs. Proto pics and figure itself is pretty much the same.

Lol. You don't really need a TV, bookshelf OR a bed do you? You can always sleep on the floor lol

LMAO Funny you should bring beds and stuff up, ive spent the last day rearranging my bedroom to figure out where i will put the $700nz glass cabinet i need to buy for Scorpion. He may just go in the lounge and can greet people as they arrive.
Mileena, Jade and Goro will take up the one i have at present

LMAO Funny you should bring beds and stuff up, ive spent the last day rearranging my bedroom to figure out where i will put the $700nz glass cabinet i need to buy for Scorpion. He may just go in the lounge and can greet people as they arrive.
Mileena, Jade and Goro will take up the one i have at present
Lol
Damn. I don't have the space to put any statues or figures larger than 1/4 in my place. And with those large bases, you'd need a bigger cabinet too. So I'm usually good with 1/6 and below. Fit more in less space. Ahahah.

PAK weirds me out though. The scale is retarded and inconsistent. Thus I stick to SS and HT stuff mostly.

Cheers bro, man that is a frakkin nice photo. :clap
I'm gonna be good thou and save my pennies for Scorpion. Mind you if the shipping is to much to get to NZ i may have enough to get most of them in one hit :hi5:

Oh wow, Miku Hatsune looks creepy with that smile. Still, her design is growing on me.

I love the new Tifa and Barret. They both look amazing and I'm so happy that Square-Enix is FINALLY making a FF12 Fran!! My Balthier wouldn't be lonely anymore.

Last edited:
Cheers bro, man that is a frakkin nice photo. :clap
I'm gonna be good thou and save my pennies for Scorpion. Mind you if the shipping is to much to get to NZ i may have enough to get most of them in one hit :hi5:

Hahahaa. Get them man. It's an awesome display piece when together. And get the Scorpion statue as well! The Play Arts Kai stuff can be collected slowly.

Oh wow, Miku Hatsune looks creepy with that smile. Still, her design is growing on me.

I love the new Tifa and Barret. They both look amazing and I'm so happy that Square-Enix is FINALLY making a FF12 Fran!! My Balthier wouldn't be lonely anymore.

I kinda wish they remade the whole FF12 stuff :/
I'd love a new Balthier, Vaan, Ashe, and my favorite guy Basch. Since I only have Gabranth. He's so lonely.
That was the first game I really played while understanding everything. Before that I just played without really caring much about the plot.

b5fdf53d7a9b84d4b0c9e1ddcd63bf7c.jpg

Anyone know of good UK/Euro shops to buy Play Arts Kai?

Anime Island will mark their value down when sending to the UK and are relatively cheap too. I don't use them for PAK though as I've had quite a few QC issues in the past with this line (from lots of different sellers). I usually take the missus for a day out in Liverpool and pick one up in a shop so I can check the joints and paint aps before I leave.

That batman variant looks like DOTA'S terrorblade.
5475-dota2_arcana_tb10.png

Buying.

These cloth pieces just makes me wish SE would let HT have FF license already. Give us 1/6 damnit.

Back