Spooktacular: The Return of the Buffy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapter 2099

Super Freak
Reaction score
Our story begins on 7/9/09. A day many of the faithful followers of the BTVS PF line will never forget. Amidst a sea of questions in another seemlessly innocent "Ask Sideshow" entry, one question would "stake" the hearts of us Buffy fans....forever.

Q: The Buffy the Vampire Slayer Premium Format Figures are incredible, but everyone wants to know if there are going to be any more major characters like Willow, Faith, Zander, Giles, etc. made for this line?

A: We do not plan to continue the Premium Format Buffy line, but we are currently in development on new Buffy products in another format. We hope to share more news with you soon!

With our dreams shattered and our hopes lost, it looked like the end of the Buffy line altogether, as the PF line now joined the ranks of the ill-fated 1/6 line.

But then a glimmer of hope arose from the ashes...in photo form.

On September 9th, 2009 at 8:00 AM PST, this was posted:

From the Sideshow Collectibles Blog Archive:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=7384

0908sscteaser0609.jpg

Much like the Slayer's essence, our hopes were reborn.

Then, even more support came from the Sideshow "camp." Below was the question I submitted to Sideshow, followed their reply published in the "Ask Sideshow" article of 9/23/09:

Q: In a recent “Ask Sideshow,” you hinted that you would be developing “new Buffy products in another format.” For us uber-Buffy fans, can you narrow down the possibilities? Maybe a diorama?

A: Dioramas are possible for the future. We’re currently developing some very dynamic and advanced statue products for Buffy, similar in concept and design to some of our Marvel products.

And today, yet another "sign" from Sideshow was sent to its fans. Below the video of the official "Help Wanted" trailer created for Spooktacular, a list of information was posted including a License section for anticipated lines being released during this event. And guess what is listed? Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
(Click this link for details. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/videos.php?videoID=492&utm_source=wp_news)

While nothing has been clearly "carved into stone," could Spooktacular be the return of the Slayer to Sideshow's main lineup? Only time will tell, but I have a feeling this Spooktacular will bring a part of Sunnydale back to life.

Post your thoughts here and get ready. Buffy lives.

Grrrr....Arrgg. :mummy:stake

As the #0 Buffy fan I am super excited.

Thanks Chap for starting this thread.

I will cancel whatever Marvel stuff I have on order if I need to, to get Buffy stuff.

Great idea for a thread!!! i can't wait to hear more about whatever this line is going to produce!!!

As the #0 Buffy fan I am super excited.

Thanks Chap for starting this thread.

I will cancel whatever Marvel stuff I have on order if I need to, to get Buffy stuff.

Great idea for a thread!!! i can't wait to hear more about whatever this line is going to produce!!!

So did you guys check out that link and see the licensing info. section? I noticed it today. I'm willing to bet everything that the new line will be unveiled at Spooktacular.

Plus, I figured this thread can give us a regular place to post our thoughts about what may come in the next few weeks during Spooktacular, from the perspective of a Whedonverse fan!

I am super excited for this. I've been a B fan since it was on the air but true fanaticism has only taken hold since my wife and I recently watched the entire series together.
I hope these are not crazy money but I'm most likely in for whatever they make.

I am super excited for this. I've been a B fan since it was on the air but true fanaticism has only taken hold since my wife and I recently watched the entire series together.
I hope these are not crazy money but I'm most likely in for whatever they make.

I'm excited as well!!! Finally, some polystone goodness again. And during Spooktacular??? That would make it that much sweeter!

In a way I'm glad I wasn't so gung-ho when the 12" line was going. I started out as a 1/6 fan but the things that SSC is achieving with statues, PFs and dioramas eclipses their 1/6 work at this point.

I don't mean that to sound negative, I do still enjoy the occasional 1/6. I just feel that when you are dealing with characters that are just people as opposed to robots, monsters, etc. statues can be so much more visually interesting than articulated figures.

YAY!! YAY!! YAY!!! :banana :banana :banana This is so exciting! I'm dying to know who that is up there with Mr. Pointy. I say it's Faith. And maybe even a Faith that looks like Faith! :monkey1

YAY!! YAY!! YAY!!! :banana :banana :banana This is so exciting! I'm dying to know who that is up there with Mr. Pointy. I say it's Faith. And maybe even a Faith that looks like Faith! :monkey1

:lol

I would actually bew a little disappointed if if wasn't Buffy. But it would be cool to see another attempt at Faith.

:lol

I would actually bew a little disappointed if if wasn't Buffy. But it would be cool to see another attempt at Faith.

I'm hoping that it's Buffy only because I think it's the only way to "kick off" a new line such as this. But honestly, if it's Faith, I won't be disappointed because Buffy will eventually come. I'm more excited and anxious to see what direction they went with this line in terms of design.

I hope there is more than an announcement. I'd like to see a prototype, too.

We will definitely see something because they already Basically announced the new Buffy line and I thin the first piece will be Buffy with a launch of the new line. It would be stupid of them to not launch the lone with Buffy.

I'm still pissed that the PF line is dead and I've never really collected Dios.

Might make an exception for Buffy. :banana

I wonder if there's the possibility of 1/4 fully sculpted statues (ie comiquettes).

I'd be down for that, especially if we get more Vamps and some other major players. :horror

I wonder if there's the possibility of 1/4 fully sculpted statues (ie comiquettes).

I'd be down for that, especially if we get more Vamps and some other major players. :horror

I am pretty sure that is what we are going to see first. Not sire if they will be in 1/5 or 1/4 but based on the teaser they will be fully scultped statues of some sort. There Q&A made it sound like the dips would be down the road.

Spooktacular would certainly be an appropriate time to kick off the new Buffy line.

Dioramas might be cool, but I'm really hoping for a line of 1/5 scale maquettes. Maybe an Adam Hughes line of comiquettes.

We will definitely see something because they already Basically announced the new Buffy line and I thin the first piece will be Buffy with a launch of the new line. It would be stupid of them to not launch the lone with Buffy.

My sentiments exactly.

Spooktacular would certainly be an appropriate time to kick off the new Buffy line.

Dioramas might be cool, but I'm really hoping for a line of 1/5 scale maquettes. Maybe an Adam Hughes line of comiquettes.

I would prefer 1/4 but at this point I will take whatever I can get.

I would prefer 1/4 but at this point I will take whatever I can get.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. Granted, ANYTHING would be much appreciated, but a 1/4 scale piece would be wonderful. I think we deserve it and the demand is definitely there.

Back