Spooktacular Losers Lounge 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, now that the Ringwraith statue winners are chosen, that pretty much concludes this years festivities. Since Punkg42 was rescued, I pick up his chicken bone and blood and feces quill to provide one final documentation from this dreary pit, so that the souls of those left behind will not go on forgotten, but echo throughout time.

The echos of merriment from without the pit have subsided. The gentle footsteps that once came hence and forth above, like the pendulum of a grandfather clock, are now only heard in the vision of our memories from the days before. Only silence remains.

I remember the faces of those who were pulled from this dark place by some shadowy hand coming from the corners of this pit. I recall the immediate return of life to their face as smiles filled with gentle joy cracked the hardened filth laid hourly upon their visage from untold days of tears and dust. From whence this hand came, none of us that remain know. But, it is no small consolation to know there are some from our ranks that once again know the warmth of the sun on their face, and the soft embrace upon the bosom of the one called "Mistress".

As the pit opens but once a year, we can only attempt to conjure up a dim hope of the future, of the next time the hellish gate opens above. We can but pray to whatever god can hear our cries of anguish in this forsaken place, and have pity on our suffering sentence.

I look about, at the broken remains of once proud men and women sitting around me, and imagine the time past when they too knew peace in their own hearts. I wonder how many of them will have the constitution to make it another year, until the next cruel games of fate and wit are played out in the catacombs above. For some, I can tell the prize of victory has already become a vision they struggle to recall, as the dazed numbness of reality becomes their only companion in this utter darkness. As for me, the struggle will continue as there are few other options available. Though the darkness desires to consume me, to collapse in around me, here I stand, I can do no other.

If this journal is all that remains of our struggle, let it be a testament to those who will inevitably follow, that brave men and women once were here, and faced this solitude with honor. Remember us in your struggle, and find comfort in these words, for it may come to pass that you too are ferried away upon the whim of the Mistress. Why she works in these mysterious ways is an enigma. Place your hopes in her, and forsake all others. And look to the gates of hell above, for there the irony of your salvation lies!

And so it was written, in the annals of time, this November 2nd, 2012

Last edited:
I don't know what you picked up Avenger... but I had an ink pen... guess I should've left it behind too huh... :D

Thanks Cow, much appreciated. I was holding hope for the Ringwraith but you came to my rescue instead.

I'm international and won a CG, and there were a few in the draw prizes as well, more than last year I think.
Thanks to those who picked up the story, I won't be opening the lounge next year, but I had a lot fun writing it this year (it's a lot easier to do with chat though).
A quick thanks to the freaks, and Alex, for helping a few of us get out as well, we'd have a lot longer list otherwise.

Back