Spooktacular 2012 announcement!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have time to be here posting but I just saw an e-mail and....:blissyOh my gosh, I won!?!

I just can't believe it, especially after I saw some of the other things people wrote. And I wrote mine half asleep and couldn't remember exactly what I wrote until I checked. Here is what I wrote, in case anyone is curious...

"The Ringwraith is so cool because of the outfit. I don't mean the fact that you don't see his face leaves the horror beneath to your imagination. I mean, heck, if he has a bad hair day or a zit it's all hidden! He wouldn't want some measly hobbit to start snickering because some stupid orc drew on his face while he was sleeping, now would he? And black looks all scary and tough...and slimming right? And no one would dare accuse him of being a bit goth. Seriously, just don't. What do you think happened to that orc with a graffiti compulsion? That sculpture captures the last thing that artistic orc saw. So I wouldn't DARE say the Ringwraith's clothes weren't cool. And since "clothes make the man" he's gotta be cool!"

I can't help being giddy right now, but while I'm here I want to send my thoughts to the Freaks having difficulties right now. The Monster, I know how hard it is when family members are sick and there isn't much you can do but wait. We all hope with you. Furystorm, I know from painful experience the grief of loosing a pet and second guessing horrible choices. Six months later I still glance over to my dog Newbie's favorite spot. The ones suffering from Sandy, being in eastern NC we have a good few hurricanes and have had power out for two weeks at a time. Know it gets better and you will have stories to tell. And anyone else out there I don't know about having a tough go, hang in there and know the Freaks care.

Gotta run.:wave

This was my quick line that I wrote for the Ringwraith...

The Ringwraith gives new meaning to tall dark and handsome…

He always looks good dressed in black, and knows how to use his hands…

Sword… Dagger… take your pick…

The epitome of swag and that’s no gag !

The last winners have been chosen for the Ringwraith statue! Congrats to Jimjimmyjones85, LonChaney, Gosment and Brokenmusicbox! Winners responsible for shipping!

congrats!!! thanks for the opportunity! was a fun contest to enter:yess::yess::yess:

The last winners have been chosen for the Ringwraith statue! Congrats to Jimjimmyjones85, LonChaney, Gosment and Brokenmusicbox! Winners responsible for shipping!

I...uh, I.....wow! :thud:

Thanks, Chicky! And thanks to all the Freaks here on the board. I'm kind of a not-very-talkative guy, but this board is so full of amazing, warm, and giving souls that it is always a joy to hang out here, if only to be around people who not only care about collecting, but also care about each other and the world around them. To the Spirit of Spook!

furystorm's final victors

So after today's final contest for the short box of comics, my final winners list is as follows:

lcummins - gift cards, not technically a contest, but free shipping!
Kamikaze - brand new copy of Alien: The Illustrated Story
Boba Ben - 4000th post winner, surprise prize
kenbenobi - Matt Busch AP print
XDUCKETTX - print runner up, surprise prize
Kamikaze (again!) - print runner up, surprise prize
MeatHook - print runner up, surprise prize
mrdbios - short box of comics sent media mail, preferences noted
punkg42 - comics runner up, surprise prize, likely comics!

Thanks again to everyone for everything. Getting my mind off scary situations, even if only momentarily. Getting me through Hurricane Sandy. Kind words about my puppy.

I love this place! :D

Last edited:
That's a pretty good bunch of swag. Where is the yellow key from? A convention? Never saw that before...

I can't remember, it's attached to the keychain. But I was sure I had more stuff than that. Must have used it or given it away already. I have some Jason masks but they're already being used.

The yellow key was just a part of the metal keychain... it is made out of very, very thin cardboard and says, "Your key to amazing collectibles".

Freaks still loving freaks----

Just found a red SSC hat ---maybe I will give away after fury contest

Wow! The red ones are pretty scarce... they only gave them away during one event.

A fitting way to end Spooktacular 2012 is with an advertisement banner for the very first Spook!!!

spooktacular_banner.jpg

...now it's over Fritz!!! :rotfl

Oh crap!!! I forgot one of Spook traditions!!! I normally do this in chat, but since we didn't have the "official" chat this year, I completely forgot, so...

One bright day in the middle of the night,
Two dead boys came out to fight.

Turned back-to-back, facing each other,
Drew their swords and shot each other.

A deaf policeman heard the noise,
Came and arrested the two dead boys.

If you don't believe this story is true,
Ask the blind man... he saw it too!

:mexwave

Congrats all! Thank you Chicky! As usual, you've really come through for us all here this year!

I...uh, I.....wow! :thud:

Thanks, Chicky! And thanks to all the Freaks here on the board. I'm kind of a not-very-talkative guy, but this board is so full of amazing, warm, and giving souls that it is always a joy to hang out here, if only to be around people who not only care about collecting, but also care about each other and the world around them. To the Spirit of Spook!

I'm surprised you talk at all Lon... I mean, you died in 1930!

Unless you are Jr... well, then you died in 1973...so either way.

I'm surprised you talk at all Lon... I mean, you died in 1930!

Unless you are Jr... well, then you died in 1973...so either way.

Well, I do have to communicate through a kind of a ouija (freaks) board, but it works.

Back