Spooktacular 2012 announcement!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like a pretty sad day around these parts in reference to Spooktacular and how we all remember it from the past. To be honest, I still consider myself a newcomer around here. I think I was around for 2008, so this would make my fifth Spook. I've had a ton of fun during each one, with one minor hiccup early on...

But here's the thing. If Spook does cease to exist in the way so many of us freaks remember, then we can always have our memories of the way it used to be, before the throngs of posers and fly by night contest winners and whiners.

Also, my time wasted on this board has been marked with some great memories of making new friends and meeting some amazing people I never would have had the chance to meet were it not for the board. So I say, even if there is no Spook Kit this year, and even if the card shown today was the only thing happening for the hardcore freak fanatics, lets keep the spirit of Spook alive ourselves. I'm fortunate to call a few of the freaks friends now, and have met many at events all over the place, had dealings with others trading items, and basically having a fun time all around.

My Spook will admittedly be abbreviated this year due to school commitments, but I refuse to let these setbacks get me down. I'm gearing up for a fantastic festival of frivolity with freaks in formation!

Some of my plans:
1. Order the Boba Fett Mythos Statue!
2. Feverishly seek a win of the Collection Stash Spook Edition Pin!
3. Receive texts at ungodly hours from fellow freaks about contests.
4. Chat, chat, and chat whenever possible.
5. Create one very special Spooktacular Kit for a fellow freak, and get it shipped to them in time for the start of Spook! (You don't know who you are, but you're going to love your kit)

That is all! Let's carry on, and remain freaks! Spook will rule! :winkpumpk

:bouncin :bunnydanc :ted :banana :elefant :bunnydanc :bouncin

Post of the month right there! And now I have your number to text you too. :monkey3

I remember the fun and the commradeship. Chat was awesome and trying to win things. Sideshow Chris and Dusty were highlights. I will miss those days for sure.

Interesting how "unsocial" social media has made Spook over the past year or two. And I can't believe we may not be getting a kit. What the heck is Sideshow thinking?

I am still looking forward to spook
Remember two years ago when SSC was giving out non existing rocks. We freaks rose up to pass out many gifts among ourselves to make that year fun.
Last year MOTW was awesome the few times she showed up in chat. Chris showed up once and kicked Darkchris out but besides that--We the Freaks Make Spook Spook

So is it confirmed there will be no spook kit this year? I was thinking it was getting really late. Think I got last years kit at the end of September. I'm by no means a "veteran" but tried to join in as much as I could around work for the past couple of years. Though I agree last year seemed very cantered around twitter and Facebook, neither of which I used.

I am still looking forward to spook
Remember two years ago when SSC was giving out non existing rocks. We freaks rose up to pass out many gifts among ourselves to make that year fun.
Last year MOTW was awesome the few times she showed up in chat. Chris showed up once and kicked Darkchris out but besides that--We the Freaks Make Spook Spook

I suppose you are right. We make Spook what it is not the goodies. But I miss the goodies....

Every time I ask about the Spook kit on Facebook they keep saying wait until the official announcement.

Seems like a pretty sad day around these parts in reference to Spooktacular and how we all remember it from the past. To be honest, I still consider myself a newcomer around here. I think I was around for 2008, so this would make my fifth Spook. I've had a ton of fun during each one, with one minor hiccup early on...

But here's the thing. If Spook does cease to exist in the way so many of us freaks remember, then we can always have our memories of the way it used to be, before the throngs of posers and fly by night contest winners and whiners.

Also, my time wasted on this board has been marked with some great memories of making new friends and meeting some amazing people I never would have had the chance to meet were it not for the board. So I say, even if there is no Spook Kit this year, and even if the card shown today was the only thing happening for the hardcore freak fanatics, lets keep the spirit of Spook alive ourselves. I'm fortunate to call a few of the freaks friends now, and have met many at events all over the place, had dealings with others trading items, and basically having a fun time all around.

My Spook will admittedly be abbreviated this year due to school commitments, but I refuse to let these setbacks get me down. I'm gearing up for a fantastic festival of frivolity with freaks in formation!

Some of my plans:
5. Create one very special Spooktacular Kit for a fellow freak, and get it shipped to them in time for the start of Spook! (You don't know who you are, but you're going to love your kit)

Great post Fury! The people here are what make Spook for me as well. I don't get much time to post on these boards, so Spook is the time I make myself hunker down in these parts for a few weeks to chat and see what everyone is up to. It's like a reunion of sorts for me. :) I always look forward to October cause I know I will be here with everyone hanging out. Love the comradarie every year.
I hope they do have a spook kit, as I always order them and enjoy the contents. It would be a shame if they didn't do one.

Some of my plans:

You hit the nail on the head buddy. It's these same things that made me love Spooktacular every year and look forward to it even more the next. You guys have become like family to me and it never would have happened if not for Spooktacular.

I now feel the good need to give something away. I'll have to dig around in the garage this weekend and find some spooky goodies...

Back