Spooktacualar 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks Tbolt. Luckily I don't have mold. We got to the issue fast enough. But still sucks to recover from flooding.

Yeah, thankfully we are in a rental, but the house is only 8 years old and this happened to the last tennants and they just plastered over the problem. We even have it in upstairs rooms...Very poor construction. I am very lucky that my wife is on top of this, I probably wouldnt have noticed so quickly, and we would have had to throw a bunch of things away. Already ruined a couple of pieces of furniture.

Yeah, thankfully we are in a rental, but the house is only 8 years old and this happened to the last tennants and they just plastered over the problem. We even have it in upstairs rooms...Very poor construction. I am very lucky that my wife is on top of this, I probably wouldnt have noticed so quickly, and we would have had to throw a bunch of things away. Already ruined a couple of pieces of furniture.

Forget wife and kids...

Your statues ok? :lol

That sucks Tbolt. Luckily I don't have mold. We got to the issue fast enough. But still sucks to recover from flooding.

Mold sucks. My company once sent me to a two day conference about mold. Mold mitigation can be a pain and it can be expensive as can be.

One thing to remember is mold and mildew is everywhere so if you can at least get the humility and moisture under control you can at least stop it from getting worse and then deal with what you have.

Yup plastering over just means that as long as there is moisture the mold is still growing and will come through. You have to remove all infected porous materials. When we first got married my wife and I ended up living in an apartment that had mold and it made her pretty sick.

Yup plastering over just means that as long as there is moisture the mold is still growing and will come through. You have to remove all infected porous materials. When we first got married my wife and I ended up living in an apartment that had mold and it made her pretty sick.

My wife has developed Bronchitus, I cant help but think there is some causation involved. She normally never gets sick.

Back