Spinosaurus Maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The allo's vs the cama is incredible!My favourite dio piece so far.From the maquette line I would choose the spino by a small margin over the carno.
My least favourite is the Rex maquette.I hope they'll do another one some day...

for the dios, my favorite is still the rex vs trike, hands down. for the maquette line, the styracosaurus. i just love ceratopsians. i hope they'd make a torosaurus piece eventually, and maybe a dio of two pachyrhinosaurs headbutting each other in a duel. :hi5:

for the dios, my favorite is still the rex vs trike, hands down. for the maquette line, the styracosaurus. i just love ceratopsians. i hope they'd make a torosaurus piece eventually, and maybe a dio of two pachyrhinosaurs headbutting each other in a duel. :hi5:

MY favorite dio is the Allo vs Cam and maquette the styraco, im looking forward to the tupuxara maquette and think that it maybe become my favorite maquette, the pictures are great!

Here is my fishman.
IMG_6568_a.jpg

Yeah, the shape of Spinosaurus is changing constantly as new researches based on new materials are anounced. (I also remember seeing an article mentioning that the limbs of Spinosaurus were much shorter than we expected)...

But until we get a well-preserved specimen (or atleast preserved at a level of Baryonyx/Suchomimus), I think it will be hard to point out which reconstruction is the most accurate...

Same here Jeremy. I was really considering just gluing them down to their bases at one point to avoid it.

I still love this piece, but it seems it's already outdated what with the new look of Spino based on new fossils :

spinosaurus_by_unlobogris-d4rp6qs.jpg

Well, here is where my preference of aesthetics over science comes into play. I'm not too sure I would have jumped on a statue of the Spinosaurus you have pictured there. I also wouldn't really care for a statue of the JP3 Spinosaurus. The SS Spino is good enough for me right now. ;)

I also follow the idea, that every single thing we think we know about prehistoric creatures could be turned upside down tomorrow. I used to think we at least had Tyrannosaurus Rex and Triceratops figured out, but that is not the case.

I can understand that...though I wouldn't mind a JP3 Spino being a big fan of the films and all.

This guy is based on that new evidence as well and I def wouldn't mind owning him.. ;D

167779_491186399022_99131379022_6116715_4938922_n.jpg

lol nope ! We'd have to put quills on the Trike and feathers o nthe Rex now.. ;D

Well, maybe I spoke too soon about not wanting to own a JP3 Spinosaurus. I do like that design. I just meant that out of the offerings available, the Sideshow Spinosaurus is my favorite.

It took me a little time to get used to that 1:1 Spinosaurus you have pictured there. I would keep looking at those stumpy looking legs, and they would put me off. :lol

I think I've only seen one of Shane's Triceratops models with quills included. Even the one he displayed at Wonderfest didn't include the quills. I don't mind them, personally, but they seem like they'd break easily.

I see your point..it just takes time for some new ideas to settle in. ;)

I've wanted that one since I saw it..but Andrea's price for a Dilo bust kinda made me rethink even wanting the head as a bust..lol

How much was she asking for that Dilo bust? It looks great, but I don't know if I'd pay what I think she probably wants for it. ;)

I believe he said it might ballpark around 4,000 ? He was going to look into to it to be sure but it was going to take some doing and at that price it was too much anyway if it was a fourth of that. :/

It is REALLY awesome though !

dilophosaurus-7.jpg

One of the few really " scary " dinosaurs I've seen.

Ouch! That is a bit much for a bust. Maybe if it was the CM Studio Parasaurolophus bust, I'd pay that much. :lol

Like I always say, it's not that the item isn't worth the price, it's just that I don't want to pay that price. ;)

Maybe if it was an entire 1:1 body, I'd be willing to pay that much.:dunno

Back