Spike PF EX set at 350 pieces!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I don't see the low edition size as a sign for those who buy everything to go quickly and pe-order because it's cheaper now, but as a warning for those that want the piece but aren't sure wether to get it or not. I think it's kind of obvious that if you're getting the statue is because you like it, or because you can afford supporting the line even though Spike's not your favourite character.

lcummins said:
You couldn't live with just Buffy, Spike and Angel as PF figures? At least it would save space and money...

We'll I was a big Buffy fan back in the day first 3 seasons, kinda dropped off after that, but after Buffy I was a big fan of the gang (Willow, Cordy, Xander and Giles), so any of those would be choices for me before Spike and Angel. Though I think Angel and Spike of course are extremely popular and Angel would be a good choice after Spike, but I'd be hard pressed to become a Buffy completist with the PF line.

Evan

I'd be surprised if Sideshow doesn't make a PF Angel. Like I've said many times already, the line would feel really unbalanced without him.

I'd definitely pass on Angel unless he came with a PF 1/4th Smile Time puppet Angel as the exclusive, I sorta feel my collection would be unbalanced by having two leather trenchcoat wearing vamps and one Buffy.

For the reasons that the Buffy PF sold out (while MANY Marvel and Star Wars and other PFs are available on SST's site a long time after their release) and because Sideshow has also had luck selling out several of the multiple verions of the 12" Buffy while other 12" figures remain unsold, I think it's possible we will see another PF Buffy, maybe it won't be for a year or two but I believe it's a definite possibility.

However, as for the Buffy PF line, the only PFs that I think we might see somewhere down the line are:

• -Buffy (with slayer's scythe)
    -Dark or Vampire Willow (with vampire/human/"dark" heads)
    -Angel (with vampire/human heads) (and must have 1/4th scale Smile Time puppet Angel included too!!!)
    -The Gentlemen - One body with interchangeable heads of the different Gentlemen

That's really all I could see SST making, and that's best case IMHO.

Also I think some of the discussion gotten a little mixed up with talk of 12" instead of PFs.

There's no way in hell that Sideshow is going to make PFs of Xander, Gunn, Wesley, Fred or other more minor characters. I'm sure that poster that brought them up was referring to the chance of the 12" line continuing with those figures (I know Xander has one).

Not to break your bubble, but do you really think a Gentleman PF statue is remotely a possibility? I don't think so. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it, but that's not going to happen, never. On the contrary, a second PF Buffy is something I can see in the future. A Chosen Buffy would be awesome to display together with our Season 1 PF Buffy. It'd be like: Buffy Summers: Full Circle.

A PF Prophecy Girl Buffy with the hair up and leather jacket would be awesome. It's a shame they weren't ambitious enough to try that instead of the promo shot Buffy.

re: Olvidadero--

I'd definitely go for a Chosen PF, especially if it looked like that "Tooned Up" sketch that recently surfaced.

BUT!!!

the real reason I'm posting is for advice (and maybe I should start a topic, but I'm not sure it'd sustain interest enough to make that worthwhile). my Premium Figure Buffy is visually perfect, as far as I'm concerned. (no "lazy eye" syndrome.) the only problem is that the figure/base fit isn't good--ie., the holes in the feet don't align with the thingies sticking out of the base). I'm thinking about setting up my personal Buffyshrine, and wondering...

*is there any way you guys know of to display (and anchor) PF Buffy WITHOUT the base?* ie., is there an impermanent adhesive that I could attach to both the figure's feet and the wooden surface it'll be standing on? or perhaps another methodology? I took some pictures of the figure that I posted on Sideshow Freaks a while back of it standing on a coffee table, and I just think it looks SO much better that way. (I guess the base kinda pushes it over into Geekworld for me.)

any advice welcome! :)

Anna Granfors??? You have to be Swedish, right?

Tjenare :p

The base is one of the reasons I was cancelling my PF Buffy (other issus where big boobs and sad face)
I would love a season 3 or later Buffy :chew

I had a little problem getting her on the pegs too, but with a little work and a firm grip on her legs got her to sit on the pegs properly.

Oh I would most definitely buy a PF Angel. It would be great to have PF statues of the Slayer and her two of the major loves in her life.

I can't see how they could do anything other than an alternate portrait with an Angel PF Exclusive. Of course, now that I've said that, they'll go and think of something. :lol

Monk said:
I can't see how they could do anything other than an alternate portrait with an Angel PF Exclusive. Of course, now that I've said that, they'll go and think of something. :lol

Me neither. It's his vamped face or nothing.

olvidadero said:
Not to break your bubble, but do you really think a Gentleman PF statue is remotely a possibility? I don't think so. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it, but that's not going to happen, never. On the contrary, a second PF Buffy is something I can see in the future. A Chosen Buffy would be awesome to display together with our Season 1 PF Buffy. It'd be like: Buffy Summers: Full Circle.

No bubble to be broken, it was at the bottom of my list of PFs that might possibly be made should the line continue, not that I thought it would be made.

Sideshow has been big into monster/silver screen type PFs in the past. If they were to make a PF of a monster from Buffy I think The Gentlemen is what they'd make. The 3 12" Gentlemen figures sold out long ago and the 3 heads in one would be an interesting twist. Plus it wouldnt' be that difficult to make as only the head and hands are exposed (not as much sculpting involved as some other PFs). But again, I didn't say I thought they'd make it, just that if the line continued here's what I think they'd do next.

I do think there's a better chance we'd see a PF of The Gentlemen than of The Master, Glory, Adam, The Mayor or most any other Buffy baddies.

Darklord Dave said:
I had a little problem getting her on the pegs too, but with a little work and a firm grip on her legs got her to sit on the pegs properly.
I must have gotten extremely lucky. mine just slid right on the pegs.

ffl1940 said:
No bubble to be broken, it was at the bottom of my list of PFs that might possibly be made should the line continue, not that I thought it would be made.

Sideshow has been big into monster/silver screen type PFs in the past. If they were to make a PF of a monster from Buffy I think The Gentlemen is what they'd make. The 3 12" Gentlemen figures sold out long ago and the 3 heads in one would be an interesting twist. Plus it wouldnt' be that difficult to make as only the head and hands are exposed (not as much sculpting involved as some other PFs). But again, I didn't say I thought they'd make it, just that if the line continued here's what I think they'd do next.

I do think there's a better chance we'd see a PF of The Gentlemen than of The Master, Glory, Adam, The Mayor or most any other Buffy baddies.

Ok, I get it now, I misunderstood what you said. You're right, if a monster PF was to be made, it'd be a Gentleman, before Adam, or Glory. However, I'd prefer a Glory PF.

Back