Spike movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty new avatar to fit the topic - whaddya think?

I think your avatar isn't working.

But I'd love to see Willow and Xander join Spike. Illyria too. But the most logical would be Dru (is she still alive and kicking [well, kicking anyway]?).

SMG is out-of-the-question but, DB might be looking for work again, soon.

I wouldn't say no to Faith but, she and Spike might be a little too much alike in some ways to play off each other effectively.

I dunno. Maybe relocate Spike back to England? Willow, Giles, Dawn, and Andrew are there and would all make excellent foils for Captain Peroxide. Too bad Wesley bought the farm.

swt.gif

Just give me Spike and Faith and it's all good. Ahh maybe Dru would be welcome as well. And err umm maybe Cordy too. I don't know about Illyria but I'll let you know in about a month or so.

I dont see Cordy being in a Spike movie.

I want a Farmer Wes figure now! Maybe I should start a petition.

buying the farm

I wouldn't count anyone out to make an appearance. To quote Christian Kane, "You have to be dead to be a main character on that show," referring to AtS.

I wouldn't rule anyone out...I mean, Darla was even brought back once...so....

On a related note, what is it with actors and not wanting to be embrace their characters? I mean, i get that they may want to do other things but come on!
If I were put in a hit show and everyone knew me as....oh, I don't know, ANGEL! I'd be milking that sucker! (ooh bad pun) You only catch lightning in a bottle once, if you're lucky!
Signed,
JJ Walker, Fred "Rerun" Berry,Gary Coleman, Henry Winkler, Bob Denver and George Takei

:stake DO THE MOVIE!!!!

Re: buying the farm

James has the right idea. He knows that he's not likely to have such a great and popular role come up again so he's milking it. I guess Sarah is afraid of being typecast, but do you think The Grudge would have done as well with a soap opera actress instead of Buffy? And if she doesn't want to be typecast why do all the supernatural stuff?

Ben Browder and Claudia Black also know they'll probably never have another job like "Farscape." They embrace the characters and the fans just like James does.

I agree, James knows the score. He's in his 40's and actors don't TYPICALLY get the major parts (without having some previous theater success) that late in their careers. Unfortunately, i think SMG is going to be the Bill Shatner for us Buffy fans. I think, years from now, she will eventually come back to us. It's going to be some time though. I was hoping after her talent agency had spurned her by saying she was "nothing", she would've come back and decided to just have fun with it all...but alas...Daphney was clearly more important. :bang
I'll admit that I'm not the most knowledgable about the inside poop of Buffy and Angel, but have you ever noticed how the commentaries on the DVDs never mention her? They talk up everyone's performance, Oh, James was wonderful here, and Alexis was great at this...but you never hear SMG mentioned much. No real point here, just wondered if anyone else noticed that. :stake

Actually they do mention her. It's usually about how professional she is. Which I interpret to mean that she didn't really have as much fun as everyone else did and didn't really bond with the others. She nor DB ever did a commentary either which has been explained away by saying that since they're the stars they're always working and didn't have time for it. But that hasn't been true for commentaries from other shows.

Joss has also implied that there was a bit of a dichotomy in real life as on the show - Buffy the superhero was above/different from the normal humans as SMG was apart from the other actors.

SMG

Yeah, they do mention her... and usually it is about her professionalism and workaholic-ness. Other than that, it's about aspects of shooting the scenes. (For example, there's mention that in Hush, she screamed her heart out but they couldn't use her scream for some reason and had to dub someone else's voice over it.) The best comment I heard about her was Joss saying that they just knew she was Buffy, she fit perfectly into the role when he was casting.

I think there was bonding between SMG and DB at least - I remember reading about their "breath-offs" just before kissing scenes - they would eat funky foods to make their breath worse than the other person's. (Hmmm... does that count as method acting? The pain,the pain... Maybe that's why I was never too sold on the B/A romance.)

Also, everyone tends to blame SMG for the end of BtVS. I seem to recall an interview with Joss where he said that when Sarah approached him about not renewing her contract, they made the decision together to end the show. In other words, Joss was as ready to stop as she was. As much as I miss it, I have to say that they did the right thing - they went out on top.

Re: SMG

lol wow, seems like I haven't watched the right ones then....oh well, not the first time I've been misdirected. and come to think of it, I might even be referring to ATS in which she wold be hardly mentioned anyways so....

:mexwave

this was all a dream, you never read my comment

go back to sleep

I remember realizing that SMG was not at the BtvS wrap party for the entire series ending - the footage they showed on the 6th disc of the 7th season. I found that really weird... :dunno

There was a good explanation for that - she was in Australia on Scooby Too. Although Seth Green was in the same film and made it to the party.

I heard he won't sign Buffy stuff though - what's up with that?

This may be a little off topic, but I just got the Spike: Old Times one shot comic from IDW today - and it ROCKED. I liked the artwork, LOVED the story, (even if they don't explain how Halfreck is miraculously alive post Chosen) and had plenty of laughs. Check it out if you can! :poke :stake

I gotta get that. Ive gotten the first 2 issues of Angel The Curse. It kicks ass!

I've got Angel: The Curse as well, and I've gotta say... I found it kinda boring. Of course, don't get me wrong, I'll read all the Whedonverse comics they put out, and with a big smile on my face, too.

But the Spike comic... That was classic. :D

If he won't sign Buffy stuffy, it's a new policy. I've got two Buffy 8X10s signed and a few years back entertainmentearth had their exclusive Oz figure, signed, for sale.

back to the topic of the movie...we all know who we want to see in it. Who do we NOT want to see? You know, the only person I ever really didn't like seeing in any of the two series was KAte the cop and that was primarily because she gave Angel a hard time ALL the time.

Back