Spielberg's War Horse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm afraid to see this in the theater as i'll probably ball my eyes out. i'm a sucker for animal movies. "The Bear", anyone?

I'm not sure what the hatred is about. It's a Spielberg movie based on a children's novel. Are people expecting a WWI version of Saving Private Ryan?

The new trailer is just all fluff. That along with expecting us to believe this horse has human emotions is just silly. Some of those shots are just wanting you to believe the horse is just about to start talking. Plus the whole film just looks way too staged. And what is with the "special horse" comment. It's a freaking horse!

I also don't like when directors make a film that is just there to make you cry about an animal. :slap

I'm not sure what the hatred is about. It's a Spielberg movie based on a children's novel. Are people expecting a WWI version of Saving Private Ryan?

It's OK, we're allowed to hate the things that are like this, the dumb kiddie movies or the ones that shamelessly push for the heartwarming schlock.

Not really, I can't think of anything that he's done before that was a dumb kiddie movie trying to pander to the heartwarming thing

Right. It's not like E.T. was heartwarming or anything. Look at what a dumb kiddie movie that was.

It was a good movie overall. Some of the battle scenes were pretty cool. Sure it's got the heart warming feel to it.
But he's just trying to show the connection between the horse and the people who come across it.
It was half a war movie and half horse relationship movie.
I enjoyed, even though yes it felt staged. Cinematography was excellent.

It was a good movie overall. Some of the battle scenes were pretty cool. Sure it's got the heart warming feel to it.
But he's just trying to show the connection between the horse and the people who come across it.
It was half a war movie and half horse relationship movie.
I enjoyed, even though yes it felt staged. Cinematography was excellent.

Spoiler Spoiler:

There've been ads for this in the UK and i hate how it's been made...

The ad has that really inspiring sombre score and multiple quotes one one reviewer, not snippets from different reviewers just different quotes from the same one guy lauding it as the greatest thing since sliced bread as well as plenty of 'nominated for...' & 'from Steven Spielberg' texts

It's basically trying to trick people by saying it's made by this guy responsible for this & that, so it will be great and then giving quotes from only one review and loaded with cheesy cliche tearjerker moments.

Also it's confusing on if the story is about the soldiers or the horse :dunno

If you don't like horses, don't watch it.

Everyone that I've talked to has liked it.

If you don't like horses, don't watch it.

Everyone that I've talked to has liked it.

Everyone likes Horses :lecture

If you're confused about if a movie titled War HORSE is about soldiers or the HORSE this probably isn't the movie for you.

Like i said the ad showed a few moments of the horse and a few more moments of soldiers, so it wasn't clear on what the focus of the film was, just a poor ad.

Back