Spidey's Art Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay... So I started with my first full body sculp for an Heroic Human using my basic head sculpt which is just my Superman one with a few less details. I used some basic base meshes right out of ZBrush to help me with the arms legs and torso (Don't worry I am still working on the cylinders and spheres on my Hulk), and I have started to build up on them a bit to get the heroic proportions I want. It is very similar to traditional sculpting in that I can simply add or take away "clay" as I go to get the shapes I want. Where it varies the MOST is that moving and rescaling an area can take mere minutes/seconds of time where as that can be a MASSIVE undertaking traditionally.

I have obviously done more work on the torso and arms, but I am going to be building this up more over the next few days/weeks.

and just for poops and giggles here it is with the Superman Subtool activated.

SO what do you think lads and lasses???

Found your thread Spidey. Skimming through it, I like how ZBrush Hulk evolved, & the messy hair change. For someone like me who is wanting (in mind, not sure about physically doing the work :lol) to get into digital sculpting, I'm watching your journey with ZBrush with interest.

Found your thread Spidey. Skimming through it, I like how ZBrush Hulk evolved, & the messy hair change. For someone like me who is wanting (in mind, not sure about physically doing the work :lol) to get into digital sculpting, I'm watching your journey with ZBrush with interest.

Thank you so much Lawrence I have kind of stopped updating this thread as much, but for no other reason but I have so busy...lol. I have actually scrapped almost all my headsculpts Erick Sosa did an extensive reworking of a Headsculpt for me and I realized that I had so much to learn...lol. Here is one that I thnk is getting closer to being print ready.

CaptainAmerica_zpsfoxmpfcd.jpg

CaptainAmerica2_zps8ermmrqy.jpg

CaptainAmerica1_zpscfrz2wfg.jpg

As for picking up ZBrush I can't recommend it enought, but it is pricey, and at first you will be frustrated with how your progress goes. It takes time and study. I now find myself staring at people's orbital bone to see how it bends around the check...lol. I am going to get slapped one day soon. Honestly though Lawrence this has been one of the most rewording experiences of my artistic life, and I recommend to everyone who wishes to give it a shot

So I have had a couple of people ask me how long it takes to pick up Zbrush, and though I don't necessarily know if my progress is typical... Well

This piece took me about a month to sculpt off and on when I had 1 month of practise.

f40587c480e6b6904d4bd6d8c57f2fa4_zpset6gfupc.jpg

And this one took me about 6 hours with 6 months practise.

7893a9b0fb7e7f5ec9f31b03cb224b36_zpsn78vjzfy.jpg

Last edited:
Okay boys I had to dust this off. I have a lot project headsculpts I will post up here , but I thought I would show off my new hero body sculpt. It is still a WIP of course.

Generation3c_zps0okr5xso.jpg

Generation3d_zpsw2bknnw5.jpg

Generation3e_zpsnowy8jwk.jpg

Generation3b_zps2z94ikbs.jpg

Generation3_zpshzk96glq.jpg

Generation3a_zpsxudyjucz.jpg

Generation3g_zpskhcpooee.jpg

Generation3f_zpsj6d1hvia.jpg

Last edited:
Okay gents long time no post. Going for a more realistic headsculpt then I have ever done.... just trying to get the anatomy right...

7dce92f5321306e9353764e3b0a07e0c_zpsiievv7ml.jpg
2dd809d48cb36fa7f5c02c926cd90f46_zpsvap7nvi4.jpg
cc82225b25a97c9ceb6903124c5bd4d7_zpsbzulbz7w.jpg
cd1449aa1290eb1bb6c03c3e85b376f2_zpsvtnv3dmy.jpg

Considering where I was last summer I am pretty happy with this I feel it has more flow then this old one

367333146e95f9de69ea2a95a7258aa8_zpsds3sqyzt.jpg

As always rip it up.

Last edited:
Back