Spidey's Art Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input 316... I am still getting used to the software and spinning the model. Any better?

New2_zps49031983.jpg

New_zps49c1dbea.jpg

New1_zps6225d958.jpg

This is coming along nicely Spidey..... I'm waiting to update ZBrush to the new version soon.. just picked up a few books too... how do you like working in Zbrush??

This is coming along nicely Spidey..... I'm waiting to update ZBrush to the new version soon.. just picked up a few books too... how do you like working in Zbrush??

I love working in ZBrush attom. Honestly, there is a hell of a learning curve, but it is so damn rewarding to use the tools in this program and the simple fact that what ever you do can be undone allows you to be a lot more fearless. For example if you want to try a radical redesign on a head sculpt you can simply take your chances and if you fall short you just reload your previous sculpt.

For example this is what I posted yesterday with the Hulk headsculpt

I was kind of happy with that, but something just seemed off to me. So I left the headsculpt for a bit and fiddles with some arms for a bit till I decided it was time to tackle the head again, and after about 20-30 minutes of refining I got this.

Now personally I love that so much more, but that kind of change would have taken me a LONG time to do in clay and I can be honest and say I don't know of I would have EVER had the courage to go for it if I hadn't been working digitally.

Finally just to give you a frame of reference THIS was one of my first attempts at a Hulk headsculpt about a month ago

and this is where I was at ABOUT 3 weeks ago

This tool is fantastic m8. Honestly, I am still just using a mouse to do all this, and I am seriously considering getting a Wacom tablet....lol. So much fun.

Working on it he facial sculpt some more. Trying to bring down the nose flare.

FullBody3_zpsde619f58.jpg

Thoughts?

And the full body is taking shape

FullBody2_zps9e890452.jpg

FullBody_zps387dde07.jpg

Zbrush is full of awesome

So I took a couple of days off this sculpt as I am trying something else a little different, but I kept looking at it and decided I had squashed the head..... So after some frustrating hours where I literally couldn't sculpt to save my life I finally hit a groove...

Old

HulkFullBody3_zpsd4c4b587.jpg

New

NewHead_zpsa7e9a605.jpg

Still got a long way to go... Thoughts

Something I am working on as a custom head for the Superman PF. It currently has two amazing portraits, but since some are looking for a Jim Lee inspired one so I am taking a Shot at it.

Last edited:
Back